Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Dream Scenario

  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 11,912, Level: 32
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    162
    Points
    11,912
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

    Dream Scenario

    Big 12 tournament. ISU vs. Kansas. Cyclones up by 12. Our final posession. 10 seconds on the game clock, 5 seconds on the shot clock. Korie hands the ball to Elijah Johnson, points to the Kansas basket, and smiles.
    Even better if it's in the sweet sixteen.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 23,702, Level: 47
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 848
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    ketchupnmustard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,009
    Points
    23,702
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 11

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Nice until the ref T's up Korie and then cites a "rule" where EJ gets to shoot free-throws until he makes 13 of them.


    "The bass, the rock,
    The mic, the treble,
    I like my coffee black,
    Just like my metal."

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 36,881, Level: 59
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 969
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CapnCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,310
    Points
    36,881
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 157
    Given: 111

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by ketchupnmustard View Post
    Nice until the ref T's up Korie and then cites a "rule" where EJ gets to shoot free-throws until he makes 13 of them.
    Or adds 2 mins to the game clock, ISU can only have two guys on the floor, and our basket is raised to 12ft. It's in the KU section if the big 12 rule book....seldom used, but its there.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 65,885, Level: 79
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,130
    Points
    65,885
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 40

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by CapnCy View Post
    Or adds 2 mins to the game clock, ISU can only have two guys on the floor, and our basket is raised to 12ft. It's in the KU section if the big 12 rule book....seldom used, but its there.
    they did invent the sport



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 48,720, Level: 68
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,030
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    MeanDean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Clarence IA-Jensen Bch FL
    Posts
    2,724
    Points
    48,720
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 324

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    they did invent the sport
    Yeah, but it'd be nice if they could settle on all the rules.


    No matter what, I could NEVER cheer for Dirt and Urine.

  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 34,257, Level: 57
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,193
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyOps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    1,586
    Points
    34,257
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 17

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by billpickles View Post
    Big 12 tournament. ISU vs. Kansas. Cyclones up by 12. Our final posession. 10 seconds on the game clock, 5 seconds on the shot clock. Korie hands the ball to Elijah Johnson, points to the Kansas basket, and smiles.
    Even better if it's in the sweet sixteen.
    Even better if he Jeremy Lamb's the dunk.



  7. #7
    Prospect
    Points: 38, Level: 1
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6
    Points
    38
    Level
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Dream Scenario

    There seems to be a common misperception on this board regarding when KU and ISU could meet in the Tournament. I've seen 1st Round, 2nd Round, Sweet 16. The earliest KU and ISU can meet in the Tournament is the Elite 8. The Committee won't put teams from the same conference in the same sub-regional unless it can't be avoided. May happen with the Big East but won't with the Big 12 since we will get at most six teams in.

    As always, a loss in the NCAA Tournament would hurt. A loss in the Big 12 Tournament? Not so much. That thing is a glorified exhibition. If ISU wants to inflict pain on Jayhawk Nation, it's going to need to come in the Big Dance.


    Last edited by BurgundyJungle; 03-01-2013 at 02:55 PM.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 265,705, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,068
    Points
    265,705
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 136

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyJungle View Post
    There seems to be a common misperception on this board regarding when KU and ISU could meet in the Tournament. I've seen 1st Round, 2nd Round, Sweet 16. The earliest KU and ISU can meet in the Tournament is the Elite 8. The Committee won't put teams from the same conference in the same sub-regional unless it can't be avoided. May happen with the Big East but won't with the Big 12 since we will get at most six teams in.

    As always, a loss in the NCAA Tournament would hurt. A loss in the Big 12 Tournament? Not so much. That thing is a glorified exhibition. If ISU wants to inflict pain on Jayhawk Nation, it's going to need to come in the Big Dance.
    No one is talking about meeting the Jayhawks in the NCAA Tournament...



  9. #9
    Prospect
    Points: 38, Level: 1
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6
    Points
    38
    Level
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    No one is talking about meeting the Jayhawks in the NCAA Tournament...
    There was a person in the opening post of this thread talking about it. There have also been several more in other threads.

    Even better if it's in the sweet sixteen.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 48,144, Level: 67
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cy Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,554
    Points
    48,144
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 45

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Besides we know KU won't make it to the Elite 8 anyways, we may, but they won't be there.


    Cyclone
    Iowa State became the Cyclones after they leveled Northwestern in 1895. As the Chicago Tribune (9/29/1895) noted:
    'Struck by a Cyclone
    It Comes from Iowa and Devastates Evanston Town'

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 98,497, Level: 97
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,803
    Points
    98,497
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 33

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by billpickles View Post
    Big 12 tournament. ISU vs. Kansas. Cyclones up by 12. Our final posession. 10 seconds on the game clock, 5 seconds on the shot clock. Korie hands the ball to Elijah Johnson, points to the Kansas basket, and smiles.
    Even better if it's in the sweet sixteen.
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyJungle View Post
    There was a person in the opening post of this thread talking about it. There have also been several more in other threads.

    Even better if it's in the sweet sixteen.
    Wrong.



  12. #12
    Prospect
    Points: 38, Level: 1
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6
    Points
    38
    Level
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Hard View Post
    Besides we know KU won't make it to the Elite 8 anyways, we may, but they won't be there.
    KU has been to seven Elite 8's since ISU last attended.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 33,797, Level: 56
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    dtISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boone (not Marshalltown)
    Posts
    1,332
    Points
    33,797
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 83

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyJungle View Post
    KU has been to seven Elite 8's since ISU last attended.
    What - did you run out of things to talk about on the kU board?


    "If I've told you once, I've told you a million times - don't exaggerate!"

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 192,500, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    8,252
    Points
    192,500
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,060
    Given: 612

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyJungle View Post
    KU has been to seven Elite 8's since ISU last attended.
    ANNNND This board has given the same amount of ****s for each of them. Can you guess what the number is?


    “They're very, very hard to guard,” Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey said. “They're really good. And with Niang in the middle kind of wheeling and all those guys spreading you out, they're kind of a nightmare matchup. And they're men. They're really men.”


  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 265,705, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,068
    Points
    265,705
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 136

    Re: Dream Scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgundyJungle View Post
    There was a person in the opening post of this thread talking about it. There have also been several more in other threads.

    Even better if it's in the sweet sixteen.
    Do you understand that the Big 12 Conference hosts an annual tournament for its members at the end of the season? If both ISU and KU win the first game of that tournament there's a very decent chance they will play each other in their second games.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM