Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 917,748, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,660
    Points
    917,748
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,500
    Given: 562

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 183,285, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    10,688
    Points
    183,285
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,284
    Given: 680

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    I don't think how Baylor or ISU does will effect either team, unless they play each other in the conference tourney.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 316,157, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,655
    Points
    316,157
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 2,099

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    “While I cannot comment specifically on (the Iowa State-Kansas) situation, I can tell you the NCAA men’s basketball committee gathers a significant amount of relevant information throughout the entire basketball season,” said Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione, a current member of the committee. “The aggregate data is updated continuously and made available to each member to utilize in their thorough assessment or evaluation of each team receiving consideration during the various stages of the process.”

    from DMR. This is the main quote to take out of it since he's on the committee this year.


    Cy$ Post of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNCyclone View Post
    Damn you embarrassing work thread... Just wet farted outside while on my way back to the office after lunch... Not sure of the damage yet, not really into asking random people on the sidewalk of they can tell if I crapped myself.

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 79,421, Level: 87
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 729
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    3,704
    Points
    79,421
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 578
    Given: 390

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    One link and article earlier says loss against KU won't hurt because all know it should have been a win. New link and article 3 hours later says chances are tough now because we planned on a W versus KU? Starting to look like Travis Hines and the Halk nation are publishing these articles!


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

    Until further notice, the Big 12 tournament is best. There's an experience here. Not just the teams -- the feel, the vibe, the establishments. Iowa State not only won the pregame -- filling the nearby Power & Light District -- it won the whole damn scene.

  5. #5
    Publisher
    Points: 917,748, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,660
    Points
    917,748
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,500
    Given: 562

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    One link and article earlier says loss against KU won't hurt because all know it should have been a win. New link and article 3 hours later says chances are tough now because we planned on a W versus KU? Starting to look like Travis Hines and the Halk nation are publishing these articles!
    Comparing me to a "Halk nation" guy?

    Okay. A little over the top? Maybe just a little?



  6. #6
    Publisher
    Points: 917,748, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,660
    Points
    917,748
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,500
    Given: 562

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    I don't think how Baylor or ISU does will effect either team, unless they play each other in the conference tourney.
    Agreed. But my point is that if Baylor just implodes and drops out of the equation, I don't see the Big 12 NOT getting 5 teams. Iowa State and/or Oklahoma are those 4-5 teams. That's why I mentioned Baylor if that makes any sense.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 90,891, Level: 93
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    7,985
    Points
    90,891
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 766
    Given: 1,318

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    Just keeping it real



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 79,421, Level: 87
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 729
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    3,704
    Points
    79,421
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 578
    Given: 390

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Comparing me to a "Halk nation" guy?

    Okay. A little over the top? Maybe just a little?
    Surely you must recognize the inherent sloppiness that one would find only from a Halk supporter! Right? I was incorrect when I said 3 hours between articles - it was actually 4. You're always our level-headed guy, rarely given to toying with our emotions. Yet this time you've given us emotional whiplash; we're in, we're out, we're safe, we're screwed. Your forcing us to view your work on the same level as Hines' work; and that's just... Sad.


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

    Until further notice, the Big 12 tournament is best. There's an experience here. Not just the teams -- the feel, the vibe, the establishments. Iowa State not only won the pregame -- filling the nearby Power & Light District -- it won the whole damn scene.

  9. #9
    Publisher
    Points: 917,748, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,660
    Points
    917,748
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,500
    Given: 562

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    Surely you must recognize the inherent sloppiness that one would find only from a Halk supporter! Right? I was incorrect when I said 3 hours between articles - it was actually 4. You're always our level-headed guy, rarely given to toying with our emotions. Yet this time you've given us emotional whiplash; we're in, we're out, we're safe, we're screwed. Your forcing us to view your work on the same level as Hines' work; and that's just... Sad.
    Can you please show me this "emotional whiplash" that I've given you? Where in the mailbag did I even write about the NCAA Tournament? Seriously. I just read over the piece again. I don't even think it was mention. I have no clue what you are talking about.

    CF Mailbag: Who is Iowa State's hoops MVP? | News | Men's Basketball | Cyclone Fanatic

    And as far as comparing me to Travis Hines, go for it. He's a grade-A journalist who will probably be on the big stage at some point in his career. A very talented guy who I call a friend.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 79,421, Level: 87
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 729
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    3,704
    Points
    79,421
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 578
    Given: 390

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Can you please show me this "emotional whiplash" that I've given you? Where in the mailbag did I even write about the NCAA Tournament? Seriously. I just read over the piece again. I don't even think it was mention. I have no clue what you are talking about.

    CF Mailbag: Who is Iowa State's hoops MVP? | News | Men's Basketball | Cyclone Fanatic

    And as far as comparing me to Travis Hines, go for it. He's a grade-A journalist who will probably be on the big stage at some point in his career. A very talented guy who I call a friend.

    10:28am http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...t-chances.html

    4:24pm http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...days-loss.html

    Some guy who posts under the name of "ChrisMWilliams" (like that's a credible name) posts at 10:28 the loss doesn't matter, while at 4:24 he posts we needed that W against KU? You just can't believe ANYBODY who posts on CF anymore!

    (As an aside I'm just messing w/ you and Travis. Except for him being a Halk-homer he's not bad)


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

    Until further notice, the Big 12 tournament is best. There's an experience here. Not just the teams -- the feel, the vibe, the establishments. Iowa State not only won the pregame -- filling the nearby Power & Light District -- it won the whole damn scene.

  11. #11
    Publisher
    Points: 917,748, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,660
    Points
    917,748
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,500
    Given: 562

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    10:28am http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...t-chances.html

    4:24pm http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...days-loss.html

    Some guy who posts under the name of "ChrisMWilliams" (like that's a credible name) posts at 10:28 the loss doesn't matter, while at 4:24 he posts we needed that W against KU? You just can't believe ANYBODY who posts on CF anymore!

    (As an aside I'm just messing w/ you and Travis. Except for him being a Halk-homer he's not bad)
    Dude - I didn't write that story. Do you understand that? I posted a link to a Randy Peterson article at the Register, just like I did in this story, as it was meant to be a compilation of links regarding Iowa State and the NCAA Tournament.

    I honestly do not understand what you are talking about.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 117,029, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gunnerclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Beaverdale hood
    Posts
    8,029
    Points
    117,029
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,861
    Given: 1,531

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Dude - I didn't write that story. Do you understand that? I posted a link to a Randy Peterson article at the Register, just like I did in this story, as it was meant to be a compilation of links regarding Iowa State and the NCAA Tournament.

    I honestly do not understand what you are talking about.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble! Day took r jerbs!!!!!!


    Rhoads out!

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 787,639, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    53,925
    Points
    787,639
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,562
    Given: 2,487

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    Clearly we've been damaged, and coupons should be issued immediately.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 913,601, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,163
    Points
    913,601
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,658
    Given: 4,708

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Dude - I didn't write that story. Do you understand that? I posted a link to a Randy Peterson article at the Register, just like I did in this story, as it was meant to be a compilation of links regarding Iowa State and the NCAA Tournament.

    I honestly do not understand what you are talking about.
    I guess you're responsible for every change that external websites make to their own content.
    The solution here is to take over the Interwebz!


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 79,421, Level: 87
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 729
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    3,704
    Points
    79,421
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 578
    Given: 390

    Re: Blog: Iowa State's NCAA Tournament chances after Monday's loss

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Dude - I didn't write that story. Do you understand that? I posted a link to a Randy Peterson article at the Register, just like I did in this story, as it was meant to be a compilation of links regarding Iowa State and the NCAA Tournament.

    I honestly do not understand what you are talking about.
    I was referencing your blog comment "A week ago, I thought that 10-8 would be enough, but that was counting on a win over Kansas", even though you'd posted Peterson's article earlier that the KU loss won't be held against us. I didn't think I was reaching that far, but clearly my lack of jimlads loses something.


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

    Until further notice, the Big 12 tournament is best. There's an experience here. Not just the teams -- the feel, the vibe, the establishments. Iowa State not only won the pregame -- filling the nearby Power & Light District -- it won the whole damn scene.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM