Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 12

To Coach Hoiberg

This isn't really a discussion, but rather a statement.
    Coach, part of me would like to know what your conversation was all about with league of officiating head, Curtis Shaw. The other part of me can really give a ****. Because, in the NCAA tournament, in the year 2000, there was a game that was played in Auburn Hills, Michigan that had "huge" National Title implications. You were playing ball for the Chicago Bulls at the time, and probably didn't know what was happening to the ol' alma matre that night. The reason I point my finger at Curtis Shaw, is because he was one of the referees in that elite eight game, that was more or less going to decide a national champion. (and it did) I did not attend the game, but my roomate did. He still (to this day) has an audio gathering of the three officials in that game, with a screaming crowd, and a VERY muffled, "I'll be damned if Iowa State wins this game" still on his tape_recorder. He was on the floor NE corner of the arena when he captured the audio. Many people have said, that it could've been anyone's voice. The controversy died out rather quickly, but have to admit... after 13 years, I still have nightmares about that game, and what could've been. An ISU player runs thru the lane and gets whistled for 3 seconds??? Paul Shirley scores a basket, and on the retreat the basket gets waved off because of a double foul??? (1st in history b.t.w.) Another blown on Nurse "clearly" standing alone... I'm sorry, but I find it very difficult to believe that after your phone conversation with Curtis Shaw, he didn't hang up the phone with a smile, and "s u c k e r" written across your forehead. We have had officials banned from our games before and had it back fire on us in a tournaments elsewhere. Because any Tournament outside of league play is fair game for these officials, (ala independant contractors) I vividly recall an official from a game in the Tim Floyd era, who made a bad call on YOU Fred! (Puerto Rico??? Melvin McCants from Purdue ring a bell???) That official was banned from Big 8 games (or Big 12) prior... and screwed ISU in the closing seconds of that championship game. I remember discussing it with Pete Taylor the next day on the Radio. Anyway, Please deliver this message to your players for me...

You men are Iowa State. The name of our game from here on out is, "make 'em pay!" Every turnover by the opponent, make 'em pay. every lose ball, make 'em pay. Every board, make 'em pay. Every defense we set up, box... zone... press ...1 on 1, make them pay! Do not give the opponent time to set anything up! Do not give the opponent a chance for an easy basket. The only thing I will allow, is giving the opponent the opportunity to call time out, or surrender! Cyclone Nation knows you can do it.... So do I... Except nothing but victory throughout the rest of the season! ...Go Cyclones!
    http://static.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaato...25/446651.html

Last edited by Psyclone Brian; 02-26-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,080
    Given: 574

Re: To Coach Hoiberg

Dear Fred,

You're still dreamy.

Xoxo

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 19

Fred's hot. Ladies swoon and ...well so do the guys (no homo).

All-Star
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 977
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone Brian View Post
    This isn't really a discussion, but rather a statement.
    Coach, part of me would like to know what your conversation was all about with league of officiating head, Curtis Shaw. The other part of me can really give a ****. Because, in the NCAA tournament, in the year 2000, there was a game that was played in Auburn Hills, Michigan that had "huge" National Title implications. You were playing ball for the Chicago Bulls at the time, and probably didn't know what was happening to the ol' alma matre that night. The reason I point my finger at Curtis Shaw, is because he was one of the referees in that elite eight game, that was more or less going to decide a national champion. (and it did) I did not attend the game, but my roomate did. He still (to this day) has an audio gathering of the three officials in that game, with a screaming crowd, and a VERY muffled, "I'll be damned if Iowa State wins this game" still on his tape_recorder. He was on the floor NE corner of the arena when he captured the audio. Many people have said, that it could've been anyone's voice. The controversy died out rather quickly, but have to admit... after 13 years, I still have nightmares about that game, and what could've been. An ISU player runs thru the lane and gets whistled for 3 seconds??? Paul Shirley scores a basket, and on the retreat the basket gets waved off because of a double foul??? (1st in history b.t.w.) Another blown on Nurse "clearly" standing alone... I'm sorry, but I find it very difficult to believe that after your phone conversation with Curtis Shaw, he didn't hang up the phone with a smile, and "s u c k e r" written across your forehead. We have had officials banned from our games before and had it back fire on us in a tournaments elsewhere. Because any Tournament outside of league play is fair game for these officials, (ala independant contractors) I vividly recall an official from a game in the Tim Floyd era, who made a bad call on YOU Fred! (Puerto Rico??? Melvin McCants from Purdue ring a bell???) That official was banned from Big 8 games (or Big 12) prior... and screwed ISU in the closing seconds of that championship game. I remember discussing it with Pete Taylor the next day on the Radio. Anyway, Please deliver this message to your players for me...

You men are Iowa State. The name of our game from here on out is, "make 'em pay!" Every turnover by the opponent, make 'em pay. every lose ball, make 'em pay. Every board, make 'em pay. Every defense we set up, box... zone... press ...1 on 1, make them pay! Do not give the opponent time to set anything up! Do not give the opponent a chance for an easy basket. The only thing I will allow, is giving the opponent the opportunity to call time out, or surrender! Cyclone Nation knows you can do it.... So do I... Except nothing but victory throughout the rest of the season! ...Go Cyclones!
    NCAA Tournament 2000 - Eustachy: Lost cool leads to lost game
    Grassy knoll!!!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 17

Aren't you the "dear royce, you don't sweat" guy too?

Legend
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 618
    Given: 325

I like the OP.

Iowa State has seemed to get screwed over multiple times and it ceases to amaze me how it happens to be the same group of two people that have really ****** Iowa State fans off - Shaw and O'Neill.

If Gottlieb was in a ref trio with these two turdcicles, we would never get fouls called for us.

Starter
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 13

Use paragraphs.

That audio would be fun to hear.

All-Star
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

Lets hear the recording

a/s/l?

Pro
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 823
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 18

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME TO READ THAT!

KCCO

Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

Pro
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 41

Hmmmm.....

quit rambling, you are obviously drunk

Addict
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 14

TL:DR

**** KU

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 39

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    I like the OP.

Iowa State has seemed to get screwed over multiple times and it ceases to amaze me how it happens to be the same group of two people that have really ****** Iowa State fans off - Shaw and O'Neill.

If Gottlieb was in a ref trio with these two turdcicles, we would never get fouls called for us.
    I don't know if this is sarcasm or not but some of you are such *******. We got ****ed last night. Get over it and move on.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 41

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    I like the OP.

Oh yeah?

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

Did anyone notice at the game last night that one of the officials - the guy handling the side closest to the team benches - was constantly chatting with KU coaches, hands on their shoulders, etc. Late in the game, during a timeout, Fred went to this same official to say something and the guy literally turned his back - did not walk away - but simply turned his bakc and ignored Fred. I would not have believed it if I had not seen it. After the guy spent much of the evening chatting with the KU coaches - seemed mighty strange to me.....

Speechless
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,080
    Given: 574

Quote Originally Posted by psyclone51 View Post
    Did anyone notice at the game last night that one of the officials - the guy handling the side closest to the team benches - was constantly chatting with KU coaches, hands on their shoulders, etc. Late in the game, during a timeout, Fred went to this same official to say something and the guy literally turned his back - did not walk away - but simply turned his bakc and ignored Fred. I would not have believed it if I had not seen it. After the guy spent much of the evening chatting with the KU coaches - seemed mighty strange to me.....
    It's been mentioned several times. Basically that KU assistants were chatting with an official during every time out.