Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Our players chatting it up with refs

First off I love our team and as bad as we all feel today I'm sure it's way worse for our guys and coaches. As a fan of ISU you just get used to getting kicked in the junk but this was hard on the heart.

An observation over the last few games is our guys seem to be chatting up the refs alot during games and it seems it almost always backfires. A couple examples: Ejim vs Tolbert in that whole skirmish vs. Tech. 2 fouls get called on Melvin and none on Tolbert. George has had several times this season where he goes strait up and may or may not make contact with the lower body then talks to the refs while holding his hands up and within a possession or two gets another for the exact same thing.

Lastly last nite Babb was talking to the refs alot about moving screens on KU. On one instance the very next series I believe Booker gets called for a moving screen at the top of the key.

I don't know if its Fred's calm coaching style where he is very shy on complaining about calls and the players trying to do it themselves or what but I didn't see any KU players talking much to the refs last nite other than Self after every call and we all know how that turned out.

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,140
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 24

Re: Our players chatting it up with refs

Players talk to refs all the time. I'm sure there were a couple instances when KU guys did and you just didn't recognize it.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 617
    Given: 389

Self was out of control. He looked like a whining old my wife is divorcing me type.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 492
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 122

The moving screen on Booker (I think?) was a complete "let's even out the fouls and call something on a player that is not key to ISU's winning or losing tonight" foul. It's one where the refs could call it every single time down the court but they use those to keep things neat and tidy as far as the foul count on the scoreboard. Same thing with the random "hand-checking" fouls on players with zero or one foul on them.

"It's appropriate for leaders sometimes to move boldly against the flow of public opinion," she said. "That's called leadership." --- Sarah Swisher (D), Superdelegate, Iowa City

Prospect
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I agree exactly they can call moving screen on any play I just find it interesting they call it on us right after Babb was talking to the refs about it on KU