Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Head Pounding, Gut Twisting kind of game.

I was at the game tonight vs Kansas and it was a loud, intense environment, at times you couldn't even hear the person next to you while they were talking to you. We have an outstanding fan base, no doubts about that, but I feel like we need to be more supportive of our guys, yes we can get down but when we're at home we need the home court to help them not sit and be quiet after they drain a shot to shut us up, we need to help the five guys on the court. The game itself tonight was very, let's put this in a nice way I hope Self wipes that darn smirk off his face, this was not a deserved win for them and they should know that. We need to keep shooting the three it's our game especially against teams that have a big guy like Kansas and Withey, shot threes, or take it to him and make him foul you. The call at the end of regulation will be one that goes down as how do you not call something, it should've been a charge you watch the replay and Niang's feet were set and he was outside the circle, and no way should lose ball fouls like the one called on Niang, and the one called on Baab earlier in the 2nd half be called, it's a lose ball both guys have the right to the ball. Still proud of our guys and looking forward to our game against a different Oklahoma team than we met earlier this season. Let's go cyclones!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 12

Re: Head Pounding, Gut Twisting kind of game.

...welcome to CF

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 93

you forgot about the foul on withey that they called on young instead. woulda been withey's 5th. the charge woulda been his 6th. the one he actually fouled out on was #7.

This is Ophion speaking.

Starter
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by CyJeff View Post
    I was at the game tonight vs Kansas and it was a loud, intense environment, at times you couldn't even hear the person next to you while they were talking to you. We have an outstanding fan base, no doubts about that, but I feel like we need to be more supportive of our guys, yes we can get down but when we're at home we need the home court to help them not sit and be quiet after they drain a shot to shut us up, we need to help the five guys on the court. The game itself tonight was very, let's put this in a nice way I hope Self wipes that darn smirk off his face, this was not a deserved win for them and they should know that. We need to keep shooting the three it's our game especially against teams that have a big guy like Kansas and Withey, shot threes, or take it to him and make him foul you. The call at the end of regulation will be one that goes down as how do you not call something, it should've been a charge you watch the replay and Niang's feet were set and he was outside the circle, and no way should lose ball fouls like the one called on Niang, and the one called on Baab earlier in the 2nd half be called, it's a lose ball both guys have the right to the ball. Still proud of our guys and looking forward to our game against a different Oklahoma team than we met earlier this season. Let's go cyclones!
    That crowd was the best the majority of anyone in the student section has ever heard. I've had the opportunity to attend games since Fizer when I was 6 but most students now don't remember that. Hopefully it sparks some students to attend more than just the Kansas game every year. We're going to win out.

Prospect
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

yes I know, I can't believe they called that foul on Young, even Withey was walking to the bench.

Prospect
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by baller1 View Post
    That crowd was the best the majority of anyone in the student section has ever heard. I've had the opportunity to attend games since Fizer when I was 6 but most students now don't remember that. Hopefully it sparks some students to attend more than just the Kansas game every year. We're going to win out.
    I remember the fizer days, I always love watching videos on youtube of him and tinselly, we need that kind of crowd support for every conference game not just Kansas I agree.

Prospect
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone Brian View Post
    ...welcome to CF
    Thanks Brian

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 93

the fizer days will always be great memories, but for me i would say the the hoiberg-michalik-meyer-beechum era has to be my favorite

This is Ophion speaking.

Prospect
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by demoncore1031 View Post
    the fizer days will always be great memories, but for me i would say the the hoiberg-michalik-meyer-beechum era has to be my favorite
    I've seen some great players in my lifetime with Fizer, Tinsley, Horton, Stinson, Sullivan, Clark, Blalock. I love the cyclones it's great seeing them turn into such great players and they have a great coach to make them better!

Pro
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 717
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 282
    Given: 177

I made myself wait to post until after I had a night to sleep on it. Now that I've calmed down, I'll toss in my two cents. I'm sure by now all this has been covered, but the no-call on the charge doesn't really bother me all that much. I get that refs sometimes let the players decide things in the final minutes of a tight game. For what it's worth, I disagree. A foul in the first five minutes should still be a foul in the last five minutes. Anyway, what's egregious to me is the reach in foul on Niang right after the charge. If you're going to swallow the whistle then be consistent with it. The other two awful calls? Young getting whistled for what should have been Withey's fifth foul, and Babb getting whistled for a reach in during a scramble for a loose ball.

What really sucks for the team and fans is that now we have to sit around until next Saturday before we can move on to the next game. This is going to be a long week.

Prospect
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jbindm View Post
    I made myself wait to post until after I had a night to sleep on it. Now that I've calmed down, I'll toss in my two cents. I'm sure by now all this has been covered, but the no-call on the charge doesn't really bother me all that much. I get that refs sometimes let the players decide things in the final minutes of a tight game. For what it's worth, I disagree. A foul in the first five minutes should still be a foul in the last five minutes. Anyway, what's egregious to me is the reach in foul on Niang right after the charge. If you're going to swallow the whistle then be consistent with it. The other two awful calls? Young getting whistled for what should have been Withey's fifth foul, and Babb getting whistled for a reach in during a scramble for a loose ball.

What really sucks for the team and fans is that now we have to sit around until next Saturday before we can move on to the next game. This is going to be a long week.
    Valid points and I couldn't agree more, even though the Big 12 has released that they missed calls it doesn't change anything you don't call lose ball fouls unless it's clearly a foul which in both the Niang and Baab cases there was not a clear foul.