Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: K-state

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 15,079, Level: 37
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    451
    Points
    15,079
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

    K-state

    Hopefully the Wildcats win out and end the KU title run. My dislike of KU might be at an all time high.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 401,037, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    59,397
    Points
    401,037
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 628
    Given: 394

    Re: K-state

    Quote Originally Posted by JDDCy View Post
    Hopefully the Wildcats win out and end the KU title run. My dislike of KU might be at an all time high.
    KU has the tie breaker. They beat KSU twice. They have an easy schedule to finish. The one ref rip call tonight will lose it for the Wildcats. Bruce Pearl should be asking some questions also.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 38,878, Level: 60
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    iacyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dirty Dodge
    Posts
    2,057
    Points
    38,878
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 53

    Re: K-state

    Idk. I hate kstate. I hate okie state like I hate kstate football. Ku bball has ticked me off from the beginning of time. I think I will cheer for tcu texas and tech until tourney time



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 69,951, Level: 82
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,499
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Jordanj6502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,711
    Points
    69,951
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 21

    Re: K-state

    KU's streak includes split titles... So KState winning out doesn't end the streak unless KU loses...



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 15,079, Level: 37
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    451
    Points
    15,079
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

    Re: K-state

    Crap, I forgot they lost to KU twice. Maybe Baylor can pull it together and help out in a couple weeks. I believe KU still plays wvu. I wonder how Huggins would have reacted if he was in Fred's shoes tonight?



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 116,466, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,324
    Points
    116,466
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 546
    Given: 446

    Re: K-state

    I originally wanted KU to win the conference if not us. Tonight proved reffing is corrupt when games are close down the stretch involving a traditional "powerhouse". Benefit of the doubt will go to the powerhouse team. I wouldn't have cared as much about KU winning if Johnson hadn't dunked it at the end, players mooning the crowd, and acting like they won the game straight up. No KU, you had that victory gift wrapped for you. Congrats on your 500th victory Bill Self..every ESPN and major sports outlets are saying that call should have been a charge. Your 500th victory was fixed.

    PS The subject of the thread. I want OSU to win the Big 12 now. KSU would be OK too but I prefer OSU.


    ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 285,113, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,188
    Points
    285,113
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,220
    Given: 2,301

    Re: K-state

    Quote Originally Posted by CysRage View Post
    I originally wanted KU to win the conference if not us. Tonight proved reffing is corrupt when games are close down the stretch involving a traditional "powerhouse". Benefit of the doubt will go to the powerhouse team. I wouldn't have cared as much about KU winning if Johnson hadn't dunked it at the end, players mooning the crowd, and acting like they won the game straight up. No KU, you had that victory gift wrapped for you. Congrats on your 500th victory Bill Self..every ESPN and major sports outlets are saying that call should have been a charge. Your 500th victory was fixed.

    PS The subject of the thread. I want OSU to win the Big 12 now. KSU would be OK too but I prefer OSU.
    I like the sentiment, but that probably means that OSU has to beat ISU on the way there.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldnít get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 38,213, Level: 60
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,118
    Points
    38,213
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 13

    Re: K-state

    I don't think blaming reffing is the right response. We were up by 5 with 45 seconds let. The calls may not have been on our side, but we should have been able to close it out. Lets hope we win the next three.


    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 116,466, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,324
    Points
    116,466
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 546
    Given: 446

    Re: K-state

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    I like the sentiment, but that probably means that OSU has to beat ISU on the way there.
    Good point.


    ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 99,735, Level: 98
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,315
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Points
    99,735
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 379
    Given: 22

    Re: K-state

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNorth View Post
    I don't think blaming reffing is the right response. We were up by 5 with 45 seconds let. The calls may not have been on our side, but we should have been able to close it out. Lets hope we win the next three.
    Really, because we were up by two when a player charged and then a player was called for a foul when a Kansas player was on top of him. As my Dad said, you can't beat 8.

    Any Iowa State fans that spouts this 'can't blame the refs' crap after this game, should turn in their fan-card.



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 285,113, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,188
    Points
    285,113
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,220
    Given: 2,301

    Re: K-state

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNorth View Post
    I don't think blaming reffing is the right response. We were up by 5 with 45 seconds let. The calls may not have been on our side, but we should have been able to close it out. Lets hope we win the next three.
    ISU did make the plays to close out except for missing one of the free throws (finished the game hitting, what? 23 of the last 24?). They did make the plays to close it out but they weren't rewarded with the calls that they earned.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldnít get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 38,213, Level: 60
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,118
    Points
    38,213
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 13

    Re: K-state

    Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    Really, because we were up by two when a player charged and then a player was called for a foul when a Kansas player was on top of him. As my Dad said, you can't beat 8.

    Any Iowa State fans that spouts this 'can't blame the refs' crap after this game, should turn in their fan-card.
    We had a chance to win and we didn't. No matter who you are cheering for Johnson put together a great 2nd half and OT. Did the refs screw up? Maybe, but it doesn't matter because they made the call and stuck with it. We had 5 minutes to outplay KU and we didn't. If you want to blame it on the refs go for it, but I felt like we,as fans, had the life sucked out of us going into overtime.


    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 285,113, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,188
    Points
    285,113
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,220
    Given: 2,301

    Re: K-state

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNorth View Post
    We had a chance to win and we didn't. No matter who you are cheering for Johnson put together a great 2nd half and OT. Did the refs screw up? Maybe, but it doesn't matter because they made the call and stuck with it. We had 5 minutes to outplay KU and we didn't. If you want to blame it on the refs go for it, but I felt like we,as fans, had the life sucked out of us going into overtime.
    The team had the life sucked out of them in overtime. Frankly, the team wasn't given much of a chance of winning in regulation.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldnít get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 38,213, Level: 60
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,118
    Points
    38,213
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 13

    Re: K-state

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    The team had the life sucked out of them in overtime. Frankly, the team wasn't given much of a chance of winning in regulation.
    I don't know if you were at the game, but the crowd, including myself was not into it. As soon as we went into OT the momentum went to KU.


    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 285,113, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,188
    Points
    285,113
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,220
    Given: 2,301

    Re: K-state

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNorth View Post
    I don't know if you were at the game, but the crowd, including myself was not into it. As soon as we went into OT the momentum went to KU.
    What is your point?


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldnít get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM