Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

K-state

Hopefully the Wildcats win out and end the KU title run. My dislike of KU might be at an all time high.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 257

Re: K-state

Quote Originally Posted by JDDCy View Post
    Hopefully the Wildcats win out and end the KU title run. My dislike of KU might be at an all time high.
    KU has the tie breaker. They beat KSU twice. They have an easy schedule to finish. The one ref rip call tonight will lose it for the Wildcats. Bruce Pearl should be asking some questions also.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 28

Idk. I hate kstate. I hate okie state like I hate kstate football. Ku bball has ticked me off from the beginning of time. I think I will cheer for tcu texas and tech until tourney time

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 19

KU's streak includes split titles... So KState winning out doesn't end the streak unless KU loses...

Rookie
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Crap, I forgot they lost to KU twice. Maybe Baylor can pull it together and help out in a couple weeks. I believe KU still plays wvu. I wonder how Huggins would have reacted if he was in Fred's shoes tonight?

Addict
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 126

I originally wanted KU to win the conference if not us. Tonight proved reffing is corrupt when games are close down the stretch involving a traditional "powerhouse". Benefit of the doubt will go to the powerhouse team. I wouldn't have cared as much about KU winning if Johnson hadn't dunked it at the end, players mooning the crowd, and acting like they won the game straight up. No KU, you had that victory gift wrapped for you. Congrats on your 500th victory Bill Self..every ESPN and major sports outlets are saying that call should have been a charge. Your 500th victory was fixed.

PS The subject of the thread. I want OSU to win the Big 12 now. KSU would be OK too but I prefer OSU.

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Legend
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 476
    Given: 909

Quote Originally Posted by CysRage View Post
    I originally wanted KU to win the conference if not us. Tonight proved reffing is corrupt when games are close down the stretch involving a traditional "powerhouse". Benefit of the doubt will go to the powerhouse team. I wouldn't have cared as much about KU winning if Johnson hadn't dunked it at the end, players mooning the crowd, and acting like they won the game straight up. No KU, you had that victory gift wrapped for you. Congrats on your 500th victory Bill Self..every ESPN and major sports outlets are saying that call should have been a charge. Your 500th victory was fixed.

PS The subject of the thread. I want OSU to win the Big 12 now. KSU would be OK too but I prefer OSU.
    I like the sentiment, but that probably means that OSU has to beat ISU on the way there.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldnít get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Pro
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 7

I don't think blaming reffing is the right response. We were up by 5 with 45 seconds let. The calls may not have been on our side, but we should have been able to close it out. Lets hope we win the next three.

Keepers of the Faith -- Member

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Addict
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 126

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    I like the sentiment, but that probably means that OSU has to beat ISU on the way there.
    Good point.

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNorth View Post
    I don't think blaming reffing is the right response. We were up by 5 with 45 seconds let. The calls may not have been on our side, but we should have been able to close it out. Lets hope we win the next three.
    Really, because we were up by two when a player charged and then a player was called for a foul when a Kansas player was on top of him. As my Dad said, you can't beat 8.

Any Iowa State fans that spouts this 'can't blame the refs' crap after this game, should turn in their fan-card.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

ISU did make the plays to close out except for missing one of the free throws (finished the game hitting, what? 23 of the last 24?). They did make the plays to close it out but they weren't rewarded with the calls that they earned.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldnít get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    Really, because we were up by two when a player charged and then a player was called for a foul when a Kansas player was on top of him. As my Dad said, you can't beat 8.

Any Iowa State fans that spouts this 'can't blame the refs' crap after this game, should turn in their fan-card.
    We had a chance to win and we didn't. No matter who you are cheering for Johnson put together a great 2nd half and OT. Did the refs screw up? Maybe, but it doesn't matter because they made the call and stuck with it. We had 5 minutes to outplay KU and we didn't. If you want to blame it on the refs go for it, but I felt like we,as fans, had the life sucked out of us going into overtime.

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

We had a chance to win and we didn't. No matter who you are cheering for Johnson put together a great 2nd half and OT. Did the refs screw up? Maybe, but it doesn't matter because they made the call and stuck with it. We had 5 minutes to outplay KU and we didn't. If you want to blame it on the refs go for it, but I felt like we,as fans, had the life sucked out of us going into overtime.
    The team had the life sucked out of them in overtime. Frankly, the team wasn't given much of a chance of winning in regulation.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    The team had the life sucked out of them in overtime. Frankly, the team wasn't given much of a chance of winning in regulation.
    I don't know if you were at the game, but the crowd, including myself was not into it. As soon as we went into OT the momentum went to KU.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't know if you were at the game, but the crowd, including myself was not into it. As soon as we went into OT the momentum went to KU.
    What is your point?