Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 64

Worst screw job every from KU?

One of the worst cases of theft I've ever seen in sports tonight. Between Withey getting 6 fouls, the Niang non-charge (if that isn't a charge, then there is no such thing as a charge in basketball), and the subsequent loose ball foul on Niang, KU flat out stole the game tonight. My question for the board though is if anyone thinks this is the worst KU screw job ever? 2004 at the Phog when KU scored a three during a dead ball, KU got a 3 to tie it up when the shooter's foot was clearly on the line, along with just overall horrible officiating is the contender that immediately comes to mind. I never thought I would see anything worse than that, but I think tonight's game eclipses it. I rarely get angry watching sports, but tonight was an absolute travesty to the integrity of anything resembling fairness or competition in basketball. I would keep writing, but I will just get more and more angry so I will stop before I break my computer. Instead I will print out hundreds of copies of the jayhawk logo and use that as my target at the pistol range. What a joke of a game.

All-Star
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 6

Re: Worst screw job every from KU?

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    One of the worst cases of theft I've ever seen in sports tonight. Between Withey getting 6 fouls, the Niang non-charge (if that isn't a charge, then there is no such thing as a charge in basketball), and the subsequent loose ball foul on Niang, KU flat out stole the game tonight. My question for the board though is if anyone thinks this is the worst KU screw job ever? 2004 at the Phog when KU scored a three during a dead ball, KU got a 3 to tie it up when the shooter's foot was clearly on the line, along with just overall horrible officiating is the contender that immediately comes to mind. I never thought I would see anything worse than that, but I think tonight's game eclipses it. I rarely get angry watching sports, but tonight was an absolute travesty to the integrity of anything resembling fairness or competition in basketball. I would keep writing, but I will just get more and more angry so I will stop before I break my computer. Instead I will print out hundreds of copies of the jayhawk logo and use that as my target at the pistol range. What a joke of a game.

Withey with 6 fouls? Try 8. He went over the back multiple times and it wasn't called as well. Yet Ejim makes contact with his feet planted straight up and fouls out. Absolute joke. I usually get upset at close losses and feel crappy, but I started physically throwing things tonight. Just terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. I hope the refs don't have a chance to get safely out of Ames. Seriously.

I mean I understand lucky breaks in basketball, but how can you have that many "breaks" go your way in a row in the last few minutes of the game? Joke.

Pro
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 87

**** ****** *** **** queer

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 22

Quote Originally Posted by digZ View Post
    Withey with 6 fouls? Try 8. He went over the back multiple times and it wasn't called as well. Yet Ejim makes contact with his feet planted straight up and fouls out. Absolute joke. I usually get upset at close losses and feel crappy, but I started physically throwing things tonight. Just terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. I hope the refs don't have a chance to get safely out of Ames. Seriously.

I mean I understand lucky breaks in basketball, but how can you have that many "breaks" go your way in a row in the last few minutes of the game? Joke.
    I was counting... And only things that were obvious fouls... He had at least 11 fouls that should have been called, only 5 were.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 881
    Given: 620

Quote Originally Posted by digZ View Post

He was fouling all over the place. He had eight.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,029
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 31

I still don't understand how Withey or whatever his name is was still playing in overtime...

Pro
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 87

You ever been ****ed in the ***?

Pro
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 64

Quote Originally Posted by atlantacyclone View Post
    I still don't understand how Withey or whatever his name is was still playing in overtime...
    No one does.