Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 15,287, Level: 37
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    718
    Points
    15,287
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 79

    Worst screw job every from KU?

    One of the worst cases of theft I've ever seen in sports tonight. Between Withey getting 6 fouls, the Niang non-charge (if that isn't a charge, then there is no such thing as a charge in basketball), and the subsequent loose ball foul on Niang, KU flat out stole the game tonight. My question for the board though is if anyone thinks this is the worst KU screw job ever? 2004 at the Phog when KU scored a three during a dead ball, KU got a 3 to tie it up when the shooter's foot was clearly on the line, along with just overall horrible officiating is the contender that immediately comes to mind. I never thought I would see anything worse than that, but I think tonight's game eclipses it. I rarely get angry watching sports, but tonight was an absolute travesty to the integrity of anything resembling fairness or competition in basketball. I would keep writing, but I will just get more and more angry so I will stop before I break my computer. Instead I will print out hundreds of copies of the jayhawk logo and use that as my target at the pistol range. What a joke of a game.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 31,975, Level: 55
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,075
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,348
    Points
    31,975
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 225
    Given: 20

    Re: Worst screw job every from KU?

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    One of the worst cases of theft I've ever seen in sports tonight. Between Withey getting 6 fouls, the Niang non-charge (if that isn't a charge, then there is no such thing as a charge in basketball), and the subsequent loose ball foul on Niang, KU flat out stole the game tonight. My question for the board though is if anyone thinks this is the worst KU screw job ever? 2004 at the Phog when KU scored a three during a dead ball, KU got a 3 to tie it up when the shooter's foot was clearly on the line, along with just overall horrible officiating is the contender that immediately comes to mind. I never thought I would see anything worse than that, but I think tonight's game eclipses it. I rarely get angry watching sports, but tonight was an absolute travesty to the integrity of anything resembling fairness or competition in basketball. I would keep writing, but I will just get more and more angry so I will stop before I break my computer. Instead I will print out hundreds of copies of the jayhawk logo and use that as my target at the pistol range. What a joke of a game.

    Withey with 6 fouls? Try 8. He went over the back multiple times and it wasn't called as well. Yet Ejim makes contact with his feet planted straight up and fouls out. Absolute joke. I usually get upset at close losses and feel crappy, but I started physically throwing things tonight. Just terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. I hope the refs don't have a chance to get safely out of Ames. Seriously.

    I mean I understand lucky breaks in basketball, but how can you have that many "breaks" go your way in a row in the last few minutes of the game? Joke.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 47,785, Level: 67
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,308
    Points
    47,785
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 98

    Re: Worst screw job every from KU?

    **** ****** *** **** queer



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,101, Level: 82
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Jordanj6502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,828
    Points
    71,101
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 27

    Re: Worst screw job every from KU?

    Quote Originally Posted by digZ View Post
    Withey with 6 fouls? Try 8. He went over the back multiple times and it wasn't called as well. Yet Ejim makes contact with his feet planted straight up and fouls out. Absolute joke. I usually get upset at close losses and feel crappy, but I started physically throwing things tonight. Just terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. I hope the refs don't have a chance to get safely out of Ames. Seriously.

    I mean I understand lucky breaks in basketball, but how can you have that many "breaks" go your way in a row in the last few minutes of the game? Joke.
    I was counting... And only things that were obvious fouls... He had at least 11 fouls that should have been called, only 5 were.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 429,830, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    64,424
    Points
    429,830
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,362
    Given: 1,014

    Re: Worst screw job every from KU?

    Quote Originally Posted by digZ View Post
    Withey with 6 fouls? Try 8. He went over the back multiple times and it wasn't called as well. Yet Ejim makes contact with his feet planted straight up and fouls out. Absolute joke. I usually get upset at close losses and feel crappy, but I started physically throwing things tonight. Just terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. I hope the refs don't have a chance to get safely out of Ames. Seriously.

    I mean I understand lucky breaks in basketball, but how can you have that many "breaks" go your way in a row in the last few minutes of the game? Joke.
    He was fouling all over the place. He had eight.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Dustin, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,615, Level: 71
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,435
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    atlantacyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Posts
    4,635
    Points
    52,615
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 56

    Re: Worst screw job every from KU?

    I still don't understand how Withey or whatever his name is was still playing in overtime...



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 47,785, Level: 67
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,308
    Points
    47,785
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 98

    Re: Worst screw job every from KU?

    You ever been ****ed in the ***?



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 37,720, Level: 59
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,643
    Points
    37,720
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 102

    Re: Worst screw job every from KU?

    Quote Originally Posted by atlantacyclone View Post
    I still don't understand how Withey or whatever his name is was still playing in overtime...
    No one does.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM