Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,583, Level: 73
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,467
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,524
    Points
    55,583
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 14

    LE on ESPN Front

    I look at ESPN a couple times a year. I checked tonight (I didn't expect us to be there, but I had to look), and saw LE on the front with a couple others. No need to debate if this belongs in ISU BB forum. Just an fyi for anyone who is interested. I like the picture. More gray with a buzz cut. (no buzz joke required)


    NCAA - Men's College Basketball Teams, Scores, Stats, News, Standings, Rumors - ESPN



  2. #2
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: LE on ESPN Front

    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I look at ESPN a couple times a year. I checked tonight (I didn't expect us to be there, but I had to look), and saw LE on the front with a couple others. No need to debate if this belongs in ISU BB forum. Just an fyi for anyone who is interested. I like the picture. More gray with a buzz cut. (no buzz joke required)


    NCAA - Men's College Basketball Teams, Scores, Stats, News, Standings, Rumors - ESPN
    What a dumb article. Yes, these coaches deserve some credit, but it's not like they're Lon Kruger or CFH walking into a complete rebuilding job. These guys all inherited rosters with some very, very good talent (in the case of Larranaga, many of whom may have been questionably recruited).



  3. #3
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 6,207, Level: 23
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ankeny/Ames
    Posts
    332
    Points
    6,207
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: LE on ESPN Front

    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    What a dumb article. Yes, these coaches deserve some credit, but it's not like they're Lon Kruger or CFH walking into a complete rebuilding job. These guys all inherited rosters with some very, very good talent (in the case of Larranaga, many of whom may have been questionably recruited).
    This. LE knew what he had. And honestly, I give him credit for living up to the expectations. He did not rebuild a thing at CSU. He came in and won them over and they're playing his style of ball. Which is a winning style. he's a guy that will win everywhere. It's a fact.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 75,586, Level: 85
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 964
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    gogagig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,554
    Points
    75,586
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 15

    Re: LE on ESPN Front

    Quote Originally Posted by Madcyentist View Post
    This. LE knew what he had. And honestly, I give him credit for living up to the expectations. He did not rebuild a thing at CSU. He came in and won them over and they're playing his style of ball. Which is a winning style. he's a guy that will win everywhere. It's a fact.
    ...And that's how the latest debate on LE at CF was triggered.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 401,261, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    20,848
    Points
    401,261
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 41

    Re: LE on ESPN Front

    Quote Originally Posted by gogagig View Post
    ...And that's how the latest debate on LE at CF was triggered.
    Well, since its been triggered:

    Larry had his faults at ISU. Of that, there is no doubt.

    However, the ISU AD completely bungled things. They could have gotten ahead of the story, gotten him into rehab with leave, but they didnt because BVDV, one of the worst athletic directors ever, was happy to get rid of him.

    I can only imagine how things would have gone with LE continuing to coach and Wayne Morgan (who was a great recruiter but not a great coach) bringing in players. The last 10 years would have been completely different.

    Luckily our 10 year disaster has ended with Hoiberg. But i think its fair to say we missed out on a lot without LE.



    On a similar note, id love to get LE or Floyd in here for a game.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 184,049, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    7,695
    Points
    184,049
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 656
    Given: 295

    Re: LE on ESPN Front

    WHERE IS THE TURTLENECK!


    “They're very, very hard to guard,” Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey said. “They're really good. And with Niang in the middle kind of wheeling and all those guys spreading you out, they're kind of a nightmare matchup. And they're men. They're really men.”


  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 25,005, Level: 48
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    redrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames - West-CY'd
    Posts
    2,232
    Points
    25,005
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 8

    Re: LE on ESPN Front

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Well, since its been triggered:

    Larry had his faults at ISU. Of that, there is no doubt.

    However, the ISU AD completely bungled things. They could have gotten ahead of the story, gotten him into rehab with leave, but they didnt because BVDV, one of the worst athletic directors ever, was happy to get rid of him.

    I can only imagine how things would have gone with LE continuing to coach and Wayne Morgan (who was a great recruiter but not a great coach) bringing in players. The last 10 years would have been completely different.

    Luckily our 10 year disaster has ended with Hoiberg. But i think its fair to say we missed out on a lot without LE.



    On a similar note, id love to get LE or Floyd in here for a game.

    I agree. I loved Larry years. He was a hard *** and had a fowl mouth, but he got the job done and we had some great basketball teams to watch.



    2009 FLHR - Vivid Black


    I don't sweat the petty things,... I pet the sweaty things

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 148,017, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,651
    Points
    148,017
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 284
    Given: 126

    Re: LE on ESPN Front

    LE has not aged as well as Agent Mulder. He's won everywhere and Southern Miss was as 'rebuilding project' as it gets.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM