Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 59

Re: Booker's post game tweet

Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    im not arguing the basketball comments, im saying hes a young guy who probably feels like crap and doesnt need us belittleing him as a student athlete.
    Hell, he BETTER feel like crap! In 7 minutes of play last night he went 0-5 from the floor with 1 turnover, 1 rebound, and 1 foul. It was as bad a performance from an Iowa State player as I can remember seeing, even in limited minutes. It was stunning and breathtaking in its putridity.

Look, college basketball isn't little league baseball where every kid gets trophy just for being on the team. When a player puts that kind of effort out on the floor in a crucial road game, they can expect to be hammered for it. If he had come off the bench and gone 3-5, 4-5 from the floor to give us some big points in a tight road victory we'd be singing his praises today, and rightly so.

I think he has the potential to be a solid player down the road for us, but we sure as hell didn't see it last night.

"The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

All-Star
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 17

We need some post presence at the end of games. How many lay ups and offensive rebounds do we give up in the last couple minutes of these games. This team is so soft in the middle, it's ridiculous. He should be getting minutes, IMO.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 75

I know it's been said but I feel like it need emphasized for those of you that can't read between the lines or haven't seen what coach Otz said. Booker isn't putting effort into practice so the coaches have no idea what they're going to get when they put him on the floor and I'm not sure why so many think he is the answer down low. He played well in one conference game where everyone on the team, including Percy, looked like world beaters.

"But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

"I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 60

Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    how hard would it be for CW to ask FH straight up about it?
    Second to last question in this video, I asked Otzelberger about it on Monday.

Talking with T.J. - On Kabongo, ISU's rotation & more | News | Men's Basketball | Cyclone Fanatic

Publisher
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

It continues to boggle my mind how much time is spent discussing Booker's playing time on talk radio, this board, etc.

He obviously isn't doing something right be it practice, his attitude is poor (which is pretty evident by this tweet, especially from a fifth-year senior) or whatever. Fred isn't just going to keep sitting the guy if him being out there gives the team a better chance to win. That would just be stupid.

What's funny too is that if one more break goes Iowa State's way last night - that guy misses the shot at the end of regulation - whatever - and NOBODY is discussing Anthony Booker today (although I somewhat take that back because this thread was started based off of a tweet - a tweet that he still might have put out).

Addict
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,185
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 120

ellernan must suck at practice, too

Publisher
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by 06_CY View Post
    He would have to be willing to ask the tough questions, which media-types around here are not willing to do.
    Dude - hard questions are about a legal situations, a student-athlete's academic standing, are you talking with another school/looking for another job? Stuff like that.

This question has been asked, a couple of times to my knowledge. At some point you just have to leave it be - the guy isn't playing for a reason. Fred doesn't have to go public with every tidbit within his program. That's his prerogative.

Legend
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 19

I think the real question that needs to be asked is how many brothers does melvin ejim have and how tall are they.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 75

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    It continues to boggle my mind how much time is spent discussing Booker's playing time on talk radio, this board, etc.

He obviously isn't doing something right be it practice, his attitude is poor (which is pretty evident by this tweet, especially from a fifth-year senior) or whatever. Fred isn't just going to keep sitting the guy if him being out there gives the team a better chance to win. That would just be stupid.

What's funny too is that if one more break goes Iowa State's way last night - that guy misses the shot at the end of regulation - whatever - and NOBODY is discussing Anthony Booker today (although I somewhat take that back because this thread was started based off of a tweet - a tweet that he still might have put out).
    I liken it to the backup QB. We saw him play well when he got limited time in a game we won by 20 and now some think he'll have that kind of production when the competition steps up.

"But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

"I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

Facebook Knows All
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 23

Did Booker foul anyone posting that tweet?

Pro
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 59

I don't think there would be as much talk today about Booker and why he didn't play if Gibson hadn't been so noticeably bad last night (and yes, I know I keep on ripping Gibson in this thread). Maybe they both need to ride the bench and we just play with a 7-man rotation if neither one is going to give us anything during games.

"The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

Publisher
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUChippewa View Post
    I don't think there would be as much talk today about Booker and why he didn't play if Gibson hadn't been so noticeably bad last night (and yes, I know I keep on ripping Gibson in this thread). Maybe they both need to ride the bench and we just play with a 7-man rotation if neither one is going to give us anything during games.
    I will not argue with the fact that Gibson was bad last night.

Facebook Knows All
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 23

Outside of being a giant black hole, I don't have many issues with Gibson offensively. But he got absolutely abused by a guy that averages 4 points per game this season. His defense is a huge problem.

But he certainly seems to have regressed this year. He took really smart shots last year and his field goal % reflected that at almost 66%. This year, its 49%.

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Chris - I think people are begging for Booker because Percy has been so bad. Has anyone looked back to see what the game score was while Percy was on the floor? It was during their 16-0 run I know.

All-Star
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 766
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

Hey cw, is there something up with Gibson's right hand? He's been wearing a brace all year and no one seems to have noticed/know what's wrong