Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Cyclone Alley confusion

There is quite a bit of misinformation about CA on here so I wanted to just clarify some things. I am good friends with one of the CAC people so I know quite a bit about what they do.

Disclaimer: I really could care less, I have no problem with CA and I like the fact that I have gotten food at two game watches, a shirt, megaphone, flag and a cup with free drinks from the concession stand all for the $20. I just thought I would clarify some stuff because I know it frustrates the committee people to hear stuff that is not true.

1. There is NO shirt requirement.
    2. Cyclone Alley was created by athletics. The lady who created it now holds a very senior position in the department. So for those of you wanting it disbanded, you would need to convince some people very high in the AD.
    3. CAC does not police the student section. My friend has never taken on any sort of policing role and has never seen or heard of other CAC members doing it. He actually wishes more people would be crazy, obnoxious, rowdy and energetic. You probably recall the “Hilton After Class” event. They were trying to encourage people to drink, though they could not “officially” say it because CAC is part of both athletics and the alumni association.
    4. I can see where people get irritated that CAC gets front row seats, but there are 11 people on the committee. They take up 5 seats on one side and 6 on the other. They do not routinely save seats either. My friend told me he can’t save me seats when I asked.
    5. CAC are die hard basketball fans. I know some of you on here think that all they care about is putting this on their resume, but that is not the case. Keep in mind that these people attend EVERY SINGLE men’s AND WOMEN’s game. They arrive 1.5 hours early, stay after, have a weekly meeting and several office hours each week. There is probably other stuff to that I don't know about.
    6. CAC actually loves new ideas! You guys would be surprised how much pull that they have with athletics. If you actually have a good idea, tell them and it has a really good chance of happening.

The most interesting thing I found out talking to my friend was that something like 150 people applied for CAC and obviously on 11 were selected so it would not surprise me if the people whining on here are just bitter.

Okay that’s all. Unleash the fury and spread the hate….

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 87

Re: Cyclone Alley confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Cloned92 View Post
    There is quite a bit of misinformation about CA on here so I wanted to just clarify some things. I am good friends with one of the CAC people so I know quite a bit about what they do.

Disclaimer: I really could care less, I have no problem with CA and I like the fact that I have gotten food at two game watches, a shirt, megaphone, flag and a cup with free drinks from the concession stand all for the $20. I just thought I would clarify some stuff because I know it frustrates the committee people to hear stuff that is not true.

2. Cyclone Alley was created by athletics. The lady who created it now holds a very senior position in the department. So for those of you wanting it disbanded, you would need to convince some people very high in the AD.
    3. CAC does not police the student section. My friend has never taken on any sort of policing role and has never seen or heard of other CAC members doing it. He actually wishes more people would be crazy, obnoxious, rowdy and energetic. You probably recall the “Hilton After Class” event. They were trying to encourage people to drink, though they could not “officially” say it because CAC is part of both athletics and the alumni association.
    4. I can see where people get irritated that CAC gets front row seats, but there are 11 people on the committee. They take up 5 seats on one side and 6 on the other. They do not routinely save seats either. My friend told me he can’t save me seats when I asked.
    5. CAC are die hard basketball fans. I know some of you on here think that all they care about is putting this on their resume, but that is not the case. Keep in mind that these people attend EVERY SINGLE men’s AND WOMEN’s game. They arrive 1.5 hours early, stay after, have a weekly meeting and several office hours each week. There is probably other stuff to that I don't know about.
    6. CAC actually loves new ideas! You guys would be surprised how much pull that they have with athletics. If you actually have a good idea, tell them and it has a really good chance of happening.

The most interesting thing I found out talking to my friend was that something like 150 people applied for CAC and obviously on 11 were selected so it would not surprise me if the people whining on here are just bitter.

He just doesn't like you very much.

*** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

You're one of those people that get their seat saved..... Aren't you??

EDIT: Didn't see he didn't get seats saved in the comment above.... Too long to read.

Addict
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,286
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 99

Do employers really want to see CAC on a resume? I ask in all seriousness. I had no idea.

ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

I like the idea. Maybe the solution to all the complaining is having a way to input ideas easier. I agree with the other thread that its prolly more of a student problem than a cyclone alley problem. People need to realize that you have to try and push limits before you can judge them. I haven't heard anything negative about cyclone alley other than ppl jst complaining about it in general.

Legend
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 272

Disclaimer: I really couldn't care less, I have no problem with CA and I like the fact that I have gotten food at two game watches, a shirt, megaphone, flag and a cup with free drinks from the concession stand all for the $20. I just thought I would clarify some stuff because I know it frustrates the committee people to hear stuff that is not true.

FIFY.
    Sorry, big pet peeve of mine.

When Prepared, Fear No One.

Recruit
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    Do employers really want to see CAC on a resume? I ask in all seriousness. I had no idea.
    Ha good question. I doubt it would have much weight.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 113

Just another CAC shill.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Recruit
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustMagic View Post
    I like the idea. Maybe the solution to all the complaining is having a way to input ideas easier. I agree with the other thread that its prolly more of a student problem than a cyclone alley problem. People need to realize that you have to try and push limits before you can judge them. I haven't heard anything negative about cyclone alley other than ppl jst complaining about it in general.
    Actually that's an interesting point. Maybe there is a way to better facilitate idea generation. I know one game I had an issue with the ticket scanning people letting one side in before the others that had lined up really early. I just went down and talked to him and he said they would talk to athletics to make sure it didn't happen again. I am pretty sure they would be totally open to someone just walking up and talking to them about an idea/concern/suggestion.

Legend
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 865
    Given: 177

I was in the student section starting in the 2002-2003 season, when there was no CA. 2003-2004, there was one side CA, and I believe it went to all CA in the 2004-2005 season.

All I will say is, as a student who experienced no CA, 1/2 CA, and all CA, the student section was BY FAR the best when there was no CA.

Legend
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 205
    Given: 36

CAC sucks move along.

Pro
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 951
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 13

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    I was in the student section starting in the 2002-2003 season, when there was no CA. 2003-2004, there was one side CA, and I believe it went to all CA in the 2004-2005 season.

All I will say is, as a student who experienced no CA, 1/2 CA, and all CA, the student section was BY FAR the best when there was no CA.
    So what are you going to make it better now?

Keepers of the Faith -- Member

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post

04-05 was still 1/2 and 1/2.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNorth View Post
    So what are you going to make it better now?
    It would be better if it was ended. Period. But the people involved with it are too interested in being involved with it to do this.

Pro
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 135

My 3 year old stands for the entire game. Take out the seats, create a cell phone jammer. Problem solved.