Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Re: Time for a change

Let me get this straight:

We're having an argument over how Negative Nancies on CF drove off a recruit that ended up signing with ISU?

I'll go on record as calling this the dumbest controversy in CF history. It barely beats out all the caterwauling over people who use the LET ME MAYOR COACH catchphrase.

Last edited by CYlent Bob; 02-06-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    "Correct me if I'm wrong, Scotty.......but if I kill all the golfers, they'll lock me up and throw away the key!" Carl Spackler

Pro
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

Jumpin' Jesus on a Pogo Stick! If the complaining from the haters on CF can't get ISU to shape up the concessions at Hilton, how the heck can a few non-positive comments about a recruit mixed in with mostly positive input be THE cause for a guy to decommit from ISU?

"Correct me if I'm wrong, Scotty.......but if I kill all the golfers, they'll lock me up and throw away the key!" Carl Spackler

Pro
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 1

Some fans here have shot a bunch of holes through Darwin's Theory of evolution that eventually stupidity would have been bred out of the Human Race. Makes one think that Creationism is receiving a bad rap.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,016
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriCyclone View Post
    Because he wouldn't find that **** in Indiana. Please, this should be one of the last things on the list. I agree that tweeting players they suck is terrible, but this message board should have no impact on a recruit.
    Doesnt matter if it should, it did. And coach Rhoads was clearly sending a not so subtle message to stfu about kids you know nothing about yer except some incomplete report throen on a recruiting board. Critique em as players, get excited about a great recruit, but refrain from bashing a hs kid our coaches see something in that you have never even seen play. That simpe guys

Addict
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,230
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 120

If you base your college decision on a few bad fans you are not mature enough for the next four years, anywhere. Either that or it's a lie that CPR can see through and is saving the kid face. However, we do need to take heed that CPR knows these guys better than we do and we should respect that. Face it, if we had 1/10 of the intelligence we think we have we'd make money coaching and not sit on here all day.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    If you base your college decision on a few bad fans you are not mature enough for the next four years, anywhere. Either that or it's a lie that CPR can see through and is saving the kid face. However, we do need to take heed that CPR knows these guys better than we do and we should respect that. Face it, if we had 1/10 of the intelligence we think we have we'd make money coaching and not sit on here all day.
    I agree with this statement.

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    I guess the way I see it, just because it transpires on other message boards/fan bases doesn't mean that CF has to be that way. Look at shaggybevo, goemaw, or HN. They're successful message boards, but we're not like them. It would be very easy for CF to go down that road, but we choose not to. I'm very proud of that. And every good CF poster should be as well. The same choice could be made here, regarding discussion of potential recruits, and as the largest cyclone message board, we would have a real opportunity to make an impact on the fan base's perception. Because, I promise you, the players/recruits are paying attention.

The question I would put to you is this. Why are you okay with ISU fans being just like everyone else? Shouldn't we aspire to be better than that?
    If Iowa State had a message board like shaggybevo I'd most likely end up unemployed living in my parents basement.

Let Me Mayor Coach!

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 273

Looking back at the old threads, the main thing that I think would have set off Tribune was when he decommitted and hardly anybody cared. Obviously, that didn't matter that much.

I have no idea how good Tribune is myself. Obviously, our coaching staff wanted him really bad, and with their eye for talent, that likely means he's a very talented DB.

The original thread wasn't bad, just a lot of people wondering who the heck this British guy was and why the only info on the internet was of a 5'-8" 140# 4.73 40-time version of him.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    In today's age, these kids better get used to it. Social media and message boards are full of idiots. You can step up on your soapbox all you want and try to stop it, which many have done, but you will never succeed.
    The hate that we see in many forums is very disturbing to me. People seem to think that because they are anonymous, they can say what they want with no consequences. I do not know if it will end, how it will end or when it will end, but don't be surprised that recruits - and coaches - and others read this crap and sometimes it hurts. Why should they have to put up with this. Would the posters like to have people posting stuff like this in their workplace?

We had cases recently where people were tweeting Lucious and Cliburn because they thought they were not playing with enough intensity. Can you believe such silliness. Tweeting our athletes. Give me a break.

Yes, you can say that is the way it is, and that it will always be this way. But it sucks. It hurts our players. It hurts our coaches. And it hurts our teams.

Someday, someone will hack CF and reveal who these idiots are. And then watch them run for cover. Plain idiots. Nothing less.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 707
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64

Sooo.. What happened?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 707
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64

I seen that CPR made a comment, but I didn't see what it was or anything..

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 18

Quote Originally Posted by psyclone51 View Post
    The hate that we see in many forums is very disturbing to me. People seem to think that because they are anonymous, they can say what they want with no consequences. I do not know if it will end, how it will end or when it will end, but don't be surprised that recruits - and coaches - and others read this crap and sometimes it hurts. Why should they have to put up with this. Would the posters like to have people posting stuff like this in their workplace?

We had cases recently where people were tweeting Lucious and Cliburn because they thought they were not playing with enough intensity. Can you believe such silliness. Tweeting our athletes. Give me a break.

Yes, you can say that is the way it is, and that it will always be this way. But it sucks. It hurts our players. It hurts our coaches. And it hurts our teams.

Someday, someone will hack CF and reveal who these idiots are. And then watch them run for cover. Plain idiots. Nothing less.
    Absolutely correct.

Many of us, myself included, need to ask a basic question before we hit the submit button: "I have the God-given right to be an A-hole, but do I HAVE to be one?"

Starter
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

This has been a concern of mine for a while and I have stated it here more than once. As a "free site" CF is the most accessible to recruits. The problem isn't just negative comments about them, but also ISU's program(s). I can't believe some of the stuff "fans" put on here and can only imagine recruits' reactions. Running an successful AD is hard enough, without recruiting against your own fanbase's negativity. We now have an example to look to, that should give us all pause and make us think before we post. I can only imagine the number of times this has happened, even to a lesser degree, that we will never know about. Sad.

"I'm proud to lead this program and this team in whatever we do. Whether it's a community service project, or through practice or winning a bowl game, but you don't do that without the kids believing and being all in, and going out there and accomplishing all [of] the goals and expectations that we set." - Coach Paul Rhoads

Starter
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CNECloneFan View Post
    Absolutely correct.

Many of us, myself included, need to ask a basic question before we hit the submit button: "I have the God-given right to be an A-hole, but do I HAVE to be one?"
    Agreed. This is not a private Cyclone fan club. I'll go a step further, before hitting submit: "How would an non-fan, especially a recruit, react to my comments? Are my comments detremental to ISU?"

"I'm proud to lead this program and this team in whatever we do. Whether it's a community service project, or through practice or winning a bowl game, but you don't do that without the kids believing and being all in, and going out there and accomplishing all [of] the goals and expectations that we set." - Coach Paul Rhoads

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 9

Those that are so self right righteous can always join the premium site.