Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 147
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 19,682, Level: 42
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pants-free Avenue
    Posts
    806
    Points
    19,682
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    What has happened to those guys? Are they both redshirting or just buried on the bench. I love Coach Hoiberg, but I worry a bit about his evaluating guard talent. Please someone lessen my fears!


    ...Straight going donkey...

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 101,877, Level: 99
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,173
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Senolcyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,206
    Points
    101,877
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 25

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    Dorsey-Walker is redshirting and Okoro has been on leave due to the illness/death of his brother.




    Quote Originally Posted by tamjam View Post
    What has happened to those guys? Are they both redshirting or just buried on the bench. I love Coach Hoiberg, but I worry a bit about his evaluating guard talent. Please someone lessen my fears!



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 353,941, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    20,371
    Points
    353,941
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,881
    Given: 3,094

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    somebody is out of the loop...


    Okoro's brother died recently and he's with him family.

    SDW is redshirting.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 904,379, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    60,215
    Points
    904,379
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,700
    Given: 3,856

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    Sherron is redshirting. Okoro is home mourning the death of his brother.


    After watching the guard play from 3 of Fred's teams, how can you really question Fred's judging of guard talent?


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 19,682, Level: 42
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pants-free Avenue
    Posts
    806
    Points
    19,682
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    I can question if judging of high school guard talent. He has yet to have one in three years that has came from high school and played any minutes for him. I love the ju-cos and transfers he is bringing, but it would be great to have a four year guy sooner rather than later. Long time no see Cyclone Erik! Love your feisty-ness!!!!


    ...Straight going donkey...

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 326,811, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    18,973
    Points
    326,811
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,679
    Given: 5,751

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    And the only reason SDW is redshirting is to gain some strength. Hoiberg has sung his praises and many think he could be a difference maker in the future.


    2014-15 Cyclone Fanatic NBA Fantasy Basketball Champion!



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 19,682, Level: 42
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pants-free Avenue
    Posts
    806
    Points
    19,682
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    I was just a bit worried that none of the guys he has brought in the past two years have been able to beat out the whirling dervish that is Bubu. I have never seen anyone play more out of control than him, yet still have reasonably good results.


    ...Straight going donkey...

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 442,696, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,194
    Points
    442,696
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 409
    Given: 46

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    Quote Originally Posted by tamjam View Post
    I have never seen anyone play more out of control than him, yet still have reasonably good results.
    Georges Niang? He looks uncoordinated yet he's still effective.



  9. #9
    Prospect
    Points: 4,236, Level: 18
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    44
    Points
    4,236
    Level
    18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Sherron is redshirting. Okoro is home mourning the death of his brother.


    After watching the guard play from 3 of Fred's teams, how can you really question Fred's judging of guard talent?
    I'm not sure if he was questioning Fred's judgement, but more or less expressing concern out of the 1-2 positions next season...

    3 Ejim
    4 Niang
    5 Gibson

    1-2 TBD... yes Monte Morris and Matt Thomas are coming in but one of them is for sure out till mid December and maybe longer because of trouble with grades.

    Armadi will help out with the post play as will Hogue.. However when looking at our guard play where do you go after Thomas and Morris? Palo can't score and I have not been impressed with Naz.. So hopefully Okoro and Dorrsey-Walker are not busts.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 350,835, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    20,122
    Points
    350,835
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 972
    Given: 124

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    Quote Originally Posted by tamjam View Post
    I was just a bit worried that none of the guys he has brought in the past two years have been able to beat out the whirling dervish that is Bubu. I have never seen anyone play more out of control than him, yet still have reasonably good results.
    You need to stop.


    It's all snark from here on out

  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 11,697, Level: 32
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    CY88CE11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Des
    Posts
    957
    Points
    11,697
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 291

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    Quote Originally Posted by tamjam View Post
    I can question if judging of high school guard talent. He has yet to have one in three years that has came from high school and played any minutes for him. I love the ju-cos and transfers he is bringing, but it would be great to have a four year guy sooner rather than later. Long time no see Cyclone Erik! Love your feisty-ness!!!!
    Obviously that was the plan at the outset: bring in high-level juco and transfer guys that can play right away and bring some attention back to this program. Now that he's done that, look no further than the recruits he has coming in next year and the year after. Three four-star guards and counting. I question nothing.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 191,959, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranSocial
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    12,002
    Points
    191,959
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 715
    Given: 406

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    Quote Originally Posted by tamjam View Post
    I was just a bit worried that none of the guys he has brought in the past two years have been able to beat out the whirling dervish that is Bubu. I have never seen anyone play more out of control than him, yet still have reasonably good results.
    You must be a troll because nothing on here rings intelligent at all. Bubu takes care of the ball, not sure what games you have been watching.



  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 19,682, Level: 42
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pants-free Avenue
    Posts
    806
    Points
    19,682
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    You need to stop.
    Need to stop what? Hoping that the team gets better and makes it farther into the tourney each year?


    ...Straight going donkey...

  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 19,682, Level: 42
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pants-free Avenue
    Posts
    806
    Points
    19,682
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    You must be a troll because nothing on here rings intelligent at all. Bubu takes care of the ball, not sure what games you have been watching.
    You are joking right?


    ...Straight going donkey...

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 45,675, Level: 66
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,275
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,573
    Points
    45,675
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 88

    Re: Okoro and Dorsey-Walker?

    Quote Originally Posted by cped View Post
    I'm not sure if he was questioning Fred's judgement, but more or less expressing concern out of the 1-2 positions next season...

    3 Ejim
    4 Niang
    5 Gibson

    1-2 TBD... yes Monte Morris and Matt Thomas are coming in but one of them is for sure out till mid December and maybe longer because of trouble with grades.

    Armadi will help out with the post play as will Hogue.. However when looking at our guard play where do you go after Thomas and Morris? Palo can't score and I have not been impressed with Naz.. So hopefully Okoro and Dorrsey-Walker are not busts.
    Huh? Are you saying one of Morris and Thomas will be out until December, or is this just a very poorly worded sentence and you are actually referring to Jones being out at least half the season?


    I am a patient boy. I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait...
    http://www.mapcon.com/US-EN/CMMS-Software

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM