Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 19,500, Level: 42
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    dirtyninety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,838
    Points
    19,500
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 297

    2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    Let's see....from the top of my head in recent history: we had Janet Jackson breast, then a series of geriatric, senile citizen rockers Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Rolling Bones, Aerosmitty, The Who, and Bruce Springstien(hahaha) I think. Tom Petty was the best of those.
    Then we had the criticism and reaction to get Will.i.am, Madonna, and Beyonce. Time to shift gears again?
    They could go country. If they do, they would have to be on the very corporate/commercial pop end of country spectrum. I am guessing Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, or a FaithHill/Tim Mcgraw. All approved by Grammy voters. In that vein, the Dixie Chicks would be an interesting pick. Their music is awesome and stands test of time, but still probably just too abrasive for too many.
    Do we go back to stadium rock? The obvious choice would be Bon Jovi. A Van Halen/Van Hagar edition would be interesting. Of course, the old Guns-n-Roses reunion always looms out there...the guys and Axle probably need a paycheck to pay the pool boy.
    Unconventional choice would be Metallica or Foo Fighters....I think their body of work would support it and they would absolutely crush it, imo. I am cheering for the Foo Fighters.
    If Cybookie had it up though, I bet on Bon Jovi at this point. Rascal Flatts would get my second vote.



  2. #2
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 637,814, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    25,231
    Points
    637,814
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,940
    Given: 362

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyninety View Post
    Let's see....from the top of my head in recent history: we had Janet Jackson breast, then a series of geriatric, senile citizen rockers Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Rolling Bones, Aerosmitty, The Who, and Bruce Springstien(hahaha) I think. Tom Petty was the best of those.
    Then we had the criticism and reaction to get Will.i.am, Madonna, and Beyonce. Time to shift gears again?
    They could go country. If they do, they would have to be on the very corporate/commercial pop end of country spectrum. I am guessing Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, or a FaithHill/Tim Mcgraw. All approved by Grammy voters. In that vein, the Dixie Chicks would be an interesting pick. Their music is awesome and stands test of time, but still probably just too abrasive for too many.
    Do we go back to stadium rock? The obvious choice would be Bon Jovi. A Van Halen/Van Hagar edition would be interesting. Of course, the old Guns-n-Roses reunion always looms out there...the guys and Axle probably need a paycheck to pay the pool boy.
    Unconventional choice would be Metallica or Foo Fighters....I think their body of work would support it and they would absolutely crush it, imo. I am cheering for the Foo Fighters.
    If Cybookie had it up though, I bet on Bon Jovi at this point. Rascal Flatts would get my second vote.
    Metallica at the Super Bowl? That's not even remotely going to happen. Foo Fighters, maybe. But not in a million years would Metallica be the halftime act


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 266,619, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Des Moines River Valley
    Posts
    11,996
    Points
    266,619
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,069
    Given: 4,415

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    This for 20 minutes.




    #Team Prohm #ProhmanEmpire #ProhmanColiseum

  4. #4
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Metallica at the Super Bowl? That's not even remotely going to happen. Foo Fighters, maybe. But not in a million years would Metallica be the halftime act
    Is Metallica not lame enough? Cuz I think they are.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 225,906, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MLawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,403
    Points
    225,906
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 790
    Given: 223

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bret44 View Post
    This for 20 minutes.


    Ban yourself.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 353,229, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    20,518
    Points
    353,229
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,239
    Given: 162

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    Rage Against the Machine. I can imagine they would about play for free at an establishment such as the Super Bowl.


    It's all snark from here on out

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 325,151, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    15,339
    Points
    325,151
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 672
    Given: 120

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    How is this guy still allowed to make threads?



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 38,756, Level: 60
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    isuska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,221
    Points
    38,756
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 775
    Given: 519

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    Please, all I want is some rock *** country



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 233,533, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,949
    Points
    233,533
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 651
    Given: 743

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    Hatebreed/slipknot combo for me. Actually a Van Halen duel reunion. Hagar first 8 minutes followed by roth to close it out.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 25,144, Level: 48
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 406
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mcblogerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,752
    Points
    25,144
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 81

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    It'll be Bon Jovi, mark it down. Its in New Jersey and he's the Nickelback of America.


    "You have great authority in your quotes, if you ascribe them to someone else."

    -Some Guy

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 28,524, Level: 51
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Clone96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,308
    Points
    28,524
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 5

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    Since next year it's at Met Life Stadium, in New Jersey, Bon Jovi would seem to almost be a lock...



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 136,209, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Naughtius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central IA
    Posts
    2,645
    Points
    136,209
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 12

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    Dexy's Midnight Runners. They're poised for a comeback. And they work cheap.


    "Me not winning isn't important. You do!"

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 105,477, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,540
    Points
    105,477
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 6

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    Rage Against the Machine. I can imagine they would about play for free at an establishment such as the Super Bowl.
    You think Rage Against the Machine would play for free at what is arguably the single greatest annual display of corporate consumerism in America outside of Black Friday? Please tell me this was sarcasm.


    TRUE AND VALIANT

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 150,076, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    ISUCyclones2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Akron, OH > Ames > Dallas
    Posts
    6,790
    Points
    150,076
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,011
    Given: 263

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    I think a combined Jay-Z and Alicia Keys would be thought over. They are both from NYC


    "Be passionate and bold. Always keep learning. You stop doing useful things if you don't learn. So the last part to me is the key, especially if you have had some initial success. It becomes even more critical that you have the learning 'bit' always switched on."

  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 106,879, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SaraV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,753
    Points
    106,879
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,157
    Given: 535

    Re: 2014 Superbowl Halftime show performer:

    Another question to ask would be who would perform outdoors at a stadium in NJ on the first week of February? And how well would that work? I'm thinking playing a guitar would be slightly difficult.


    Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.
    -- Henry Ford

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM