Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Re: Bubu Palo appreciation thread

There is NO ONE I trust MORE for hitting CLUTCH free throws OR ball control (protecting the ball) than BUBU. He's WAY under-rated, AND the kind of guy everyone needs on teams hoping to accomplish great things! He sure helped Barnes and McDermott look good (better) back at Ames High!

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 965

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonedave25 View Post
    Don't even get me started on that.
    He doesn't bend his knees at all and stays flat footed, and puts no arch on the ball. RW was a better FT shooter than Gibson.
    I call ******** on that. some people post stupid ****.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 292
    Given: 1,103

Quote Originally Posted by Cychotiic View Post
    You're the biggest bubu hater I've seen. Gtfo. Your opinion sucks.
    Hey pal, please provide posts about me being "the biggest bubu hater that you've seen"? Because I've seen a lot worse, and I've hardly hated on Bubu.

Thanks in advance. Unless you want to fully admit that you're just wrong.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cyatheart View Post
    he isn't worthless on offense at all, he is aggressive with the ball, can shoot when he is open, he just doesn't right now because that isnt his role...and he distributes it well...guy isnt all b12 but man people love to hate on the guy
    He was completely nonexistent during that stretch when he was playing instead of Babb and was out there with KL. Babb is better in almost every facet of the game than Bubu, and by a large margin.

Bubu has had two or three times he's been dribbling with little to no pressure where he almost double dribbled or lost it. He is not very comfortable out there, and Jackson noticed it and tried to take advantage.

I like Bubu. He is more than what you'd expect from a walkon and usually doesn't play outside of himself, but he doesn't bring much to the table on offense. Babb being out there would've been more productive in my opinion as he's better than Bubu at just about everything when you consider Bubu was playing the 2.

Legend
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,220
    Given: 2,301

Quote Originally Posted by ISUPoker View Post
    He was completely nonexistent during that stretch when he was playing instead of Babb and was out there with KL. Babb is better in almost every facet of the game than Bubu, and by a large margin.

Bubu has had two or three times he's been dribbling with little to no pressure where he almost double dribbled or lost it. He is not very comfortable out there, and Jackson noticed it and tried to take advantage.

I like Bubu. He is more than what you'd expect from a walkon and usually doesn't play outside of himself, but he doesn't bring much to the table on offense. Babb being out there would've been more productive in my opinion as he's better than Bubu at just about everything when you consider Bubu was playing the 2.
    Not many teams can just throw their best 5 out there for 40 minutes. You'd better have other guys who can play. I thought Bubu did a descent job on Jackson - not all world, but he held his own. Babb couldn't shut him down either. He played good help defense including that great dig on Austin with the steal and assist to Tyrus for the slam. He did pretty much everything right defensively on that entire sequence.

It's nice that he gives them other options at the 1 and 2 with a little bit of size (more than Lucious at least) allowing them the ability to play a little smaller and a little quicker. Bailed out or not (I think not) he finds a way to get to the line and knocks them down. He also finds a way to put ugly shots down when he's in the lane with guys all around him - ugly or not that is two points. When this team sees a lot of pressure by a team it would be nice to be able to put Bubu out there with Lucious so they have more handle to break the press.

Besides, I think there are a lot of people on here who confuse offense with scoring. You can contribute to the offense without scoring a single bucket. Even understanding the offense and making the right pass on time (reversing the ball quick rather than slowing the movement) helps the offense. His drives have produced several baskets even if his isn't directly the assist so it doesn't appear in the box score.

I am never going to say he is all Big 12 but I don't really see anyone saying that. He has something to offer this team and I'm glad he is back.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 900

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    Not many teams can just throw their best 5 out there for 40 minutes. You'd better have other guys who can play. I thought Bubu did a descent job on Jackson - not all world, but he held his own. Babb couldn't shut him down either. He played good help defense including that great dig on Austin with the steal and assist to Tyrus for the slam. He did pretty much everything right defensively on that entire sequence.

It's nice that he gives them other options at the 1 and 2 with a little bit of size (more than Lucious at least) allowing them the ability to play a little smaller and a little quicker. Bailed out or not (I think not) he finds a way to get to the line and knocks them down. He also finds a way to put ugly shots down when he's in the lane with guys all around him - ugly or not that is two points. When this team sees a lot of pressure by a team it would be nice to be able to put Bubu out there with Lucious so they have more handle to break the press.

Besides, I think there are a lot of people on here who confuse offense with scoring. You can contribute to the offense without scoring a single bucket. Even understanding the offense and making the right pass on time (reversing the ball quick rather than slowing the movement) helps the offense. His drives have produced several baskets even if his isn't directly the assist so it doesn't appear in the box score.

I am never going to say he is all Big 12 but I don't really see anyone saying that. He has something to offer this team and I'm glad he is back.
    Welcome back Bubu!

Jamie's Fine for Helping Children:
    https://www.unitypoint.org/desmoines...-donation.aspx

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 305

I like Bubu. I'm glad he's back and gotten in the swing of things

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 7

Bubu was huge in that game.

Feel bad for doubting him during the whole trial issue. Glad he's playing some great ball

Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

All-Star
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 0

Bubu had a higher FG percentage last year than Christopherson, Babb, McGee or Allen. Per minute of playing time, he shot more free throws than Allen and Christopherson combined.

If he played every game this year are we 17-4?

Prospect
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I think a real argument can be made that we would not have won against Baylor without BuBu.
    I think the same argument could be made that we would have had more early season success with him to relieve a winded and turnover prone point guard.
    Once BuBu gets his legs, he will be very valuable. He understands the value of the ball and how to defend.

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 102
    Given: 123

Quote Originally Posted by DrT View Post
    There is NO ONE I trust MORE for hitting CLUTCH free throws OR ball control (protecting the ball) than BUBU. He's WAY under-rated, AND the kind of guy everyone needs on teams hoping to accomplish great things! He sure helped Barnes and McDermott look good (better) back at Ames High!
    Ba ha ha ha ha! A little hammered after the big game last night? You trust a guy who hasn't played all year to hit clutch free throws and protect the ball in big-time situations over some of the other guys who have around 20 games under their belts? I like the guy, hopefully he continues to contribute, but some of you are sounding crazy.

"It's appropriate for leaders sometimes to move boldly against the flow of public opinion," she said. "That's called leadership." --- Sarah Swisher (D), Superdelegate, Iowa City

All-Star
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 741
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 133

Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    Ba ha ha ha ha! A little hammered after the big game last night? You trust a guy who hasn't played all year to hit clutch free throws and protect the ball in big-time situations over some of the other guys who have around 20 games under their belts? I like the guy, hopefully he continues to contribute, but some of you are sounding crazy.

To be fair...this ain't his (Bubu's) first rodeo...he's played a couple seasons already...