Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,015
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 10

If anyone at Iowa still doesn't think that the Iowa-ISU game isn't important...

Just think, had they won this year, they would have been going to a bowl game for sure, and probably a pretty good one.

Had they won in 2005, they would have had a shot at a BCS bowl.

Had they won in 2002, they would have had a shot at the national championship.

Here's to keeping them from bowling again next year.

Addict
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,090
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 92

Re: If anyone at Iowa still doesn't think that the Iowa-ISU game isn't important...

Man, every day there is a new thread about Iowa. Seriously, can we move on already?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 680
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

Re: If anyone at Iowa still doesn't think that the Iowa-ISU game isn't important...

ya but this is also why they want to get rid of the game

"we nothing to gain and everything to lose" -iowa fans

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    ya but this is also why they want to get rid of the game

"we nothing to gain and everything to lose" -iowa fans
    Sure, but who are they going to replace us with?

Eastern Michigan?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 627

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Sure, but who are they going to replace us with?

Eastern Michigan?
    Why not? They're clearly the worst of the "directional" Michigan Universities...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Why not? They're clearly the worst of the "directional" Michigan Universities...
    Not so fast my friend. EMU beat Western Michigan. As did Central Michigan.

iowa might have to give the (former) Missouri directional schools a shot.

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

Go Cubs Go!

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 826
    Given: 804

I think that is a great point, and I'm glad you posted it. Some people hate reading about Iowa all the time, but they can just choose not to read it. I for one didn't make the realization until you posted this.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbopackage View Post
    Just think, had they won this year, they would have been going to a bowl game for sure, and probably a pretty good one.

Had they won in 2005, they would have had a shot at a BCS bowl.

Had they won in 2002, they would have had a shot at the national championship.

Here's to keeping them from bowling again next year.

@RandomGeoFacts

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 20

It does seem kind of odd that there is always so much mention of Iowa. Read through non-related Iowa threads, and there will always be a post about Iowa. Then about 3-4 threads per day are started relating to the Hawks. Yet, people don't want to be thought of having an "inferiority complex."

Yes, Iowa losing to Western Michigan was embarrassing. And I can understand why ISU fans think it's funny. I got a laugh when ISU lost to UNI.

HOWEVER. It just seems like people post the same thing over and over and over again. Some of it true, some of it hypocritical, some of it hate. Right, it's a rival's message board. But doesn't anybody else think it's a little sad that there is almost as much Iowa football conversation as their is ISU basketball conversation?

The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

Addict
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,015
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernHawk View Post
    HOWEVER. It just seems like people post the same thing over and over and over again. Some of it true, some of it hypocritical, some of it hate. Right, it's a rival's message board. But doesn't anybody else think it's a little sad that there is almost as much Iowa football conversation as their is ISU basketball conversation?
    I don't really care for college basketball, wrestling or any of the other "fringe" sports, and our football season has been nothing to write home about. I don't see why it's so wrong to post about our biggest rival in the "in-state rivals" area of the message board. They are clearly more entertaining this year than Iowa State, for all the wrong reasons.

If you don't want to read about our in-state rivals, then don't go to the "in-state rivals" section of the message board.

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

It does seem kind of odd that there is always so much mention of Iowa. Read through non-related Iowa threads, and there will always be a post about Iowa. Then about 3-4 threads per day are started relating to the Hawks. Yet, people don't want to be thought of having an "inferiority complex."

Yes, Iowa losing to Western Michigan was embarrassing. And I can understand why ISU fans think it's funny. I got a laugh when ISU lost to UNI.

i really don't like a lot of what you bring to the discussion sohok, but i shamefully have to agree to almost everything you said in this post. seriously.

Pro
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 731
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 102

Big surprise! ISU fans don't like Iowa and vice versa. I can't imagine what could be said on the UNC message board about Duke, or an OSU message board about UM!

As an ISU fan, I feel I have to stick up for my alma mater since most of the time, EIU is favored over all other teams by the local media, no matter what type of season they are having. And since I don't write for a paper, or have my own radio show, this is the outlet that I choose.

Pro
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 898
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 5

Maybe if Iowa would stop losing to bad teams and having players arrested there wouldn't be much to talk about.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    Man, every day there is a new thread about Iowa. Seriously, can we move on already?
    Usually I agree with you, but that is because there is a misconception among Hawk fans that ISU fans talk about Iowa more than they talk about ISU, which is completely untrue. From all of them "all the sudden" sayinhg this was a rebuilding season and they knew it, even though every Iowa fan had them going 10 - 2 or 11-1 at the begining of the season, and winning the big 11. From Jon Miller predicting 9-3 at worst......to all the sudden claiming "rebuilding" year and he has been saying it all along....I call bull crap on that one. To some guy on HR claiming Iowa can be next years KU, Ron Maley(ahole) stateing that the Iowa HC job is better than the Michigan one, but here is my fave post of the day;

HawkeyeReport.com - Message Boards

Hawks fans are just so delusional.....I just can't come up with the words to describe it. They are the worst fan base on the planet.....period. They sound like people from the south still researching, trying to explain, and come up with excuses why the North won the Civil war.

Last edited by RedStorm; 11-20-2007 at 01:40 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    Thank You! Maybe they will start a D-Mac homer thread instead..........