Page 246 of 887 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346746 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 13303
  1. #3676
    Starter
    Points: 25,756, Level: 49
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 794
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Yellow Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    830
    Points
    25,756
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 24

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Anybody know how credible Darren Wolfson is? Evidently he's an ESPN radio guy (in Minneapolis?).

    Anyway, A guy on the other board gave some quotes from Wolfson about RV and his recruitment. If this Wolfson guy has any credibility, it would be great news for us.

    I'm not going to quote the guy or anything since it is on CR, but since this was evidently a radio interview... anybody on this board hear it?



  2. #3677
    Walk On
    Points: 1,255, Level: 9
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    139
    Points
    1,255
    Level
    9
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    A KU insider picked us on the 247 Crystal ball thing today.
    Current standings:
    49% Cyclones
    29% Linetrap Las Vegan Rebels
    17% Tarfeels
    9% Southern Canada Gopher Pit
    6% You have no chance wildcats

    Liking how this looks, except since 10/03/2013 we have had UNLV be picked FIVE times to our TWO times.
    I am getting kinda scared, but In Fred we trust.

    If Vaughn goes to UNLV it will be funny because I am willing to bank that they will not make it past the third round at MOST, just not enough talent and coaching prowess. Hoiberg was a hair away from making it to the sweet 16 this year had we not have an injured starter (and it is safe to say we very could of well of beaten Arizona and Wichita State in the elite 8). MWC is a weak conference and can't compete with Big 12/Big 10/Big East/ACC in basketball. Vaughns competition would be weak and by the time he gets to NCAA tourny his team might not be custom to the high intensity style of play against opponents with 4-5 stars ratings. I don't see many of those highly rated players going San Jose U, San Diego U, Boise State, U of New Mexico, or U of Wyoming.

    Only reason to go to UNLV is Vegas which means hotel and casinos and nightclubs and bars. Vaughn is too young to do anything in Vegas especially if he is one and done. Vaughn, my advice if you're reading, hold off on Vegas, it will be a lot more fun after Hoiberg helps you into the NBA, you're old enough, and you have $$thousands$$ to blow on gambling and alcohol. Besides Vegas grows old after a week or two.

    Hoiberg is a basketball genius and as a former NBA player/manager you will need him. You will be playing under an NBA caliber coach with up tempo NBA style of play. He knows whats up. Dave Rice has a great record at UNLV, but can't compare to Hoiberg. Plus your parents and fans from Minnesota will be close enough to attend every game.


    My question to you guys, would Chris Babb be able to shut down a player like Rashad Vaughn? Man I am gonna miss Babb.


    Last edited by DrShekelstein; 10-16-2013 at 06:43 PM.

  3. #3678
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 56,596, Level: 73
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    4,126
    Points
    56,596
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 25

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Snow View Post
    Anybody know how credible Darren Wolfson is? Evidently he's an ESPN radio guy (in Minneapolis?).

    Anyway, A guy on the other board gave some quotes from Wolfson about RV and his recruitment. If this Wolfson guy has any credibility, it would be great news for us.

    I'm not going to quote the guy or anything since it is on CR, but since this was evidently a radio interview... anybody on this board hear it?
    If it's good news I'm sure no one will care if you say. Just tell us the good news and nothing more.


    Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  4. #3679
    Starter
    Points: 25,756, Level: 49
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 794
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Yellow Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    830
    Points
    25,756
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 24

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    If it's good news I'm sure no one will care if you say. Just tell us the good news and nothing more.
    It's nothing earth shattering or anything. To paraphrase.... basically, it is this Wolfson guy's opinion that it is down to Iowa State and UNLV for RV.

    That is why i really want to know if anybody knows who this guy is. Is he credible?



  5. #3680
    Legend
    Points: 406,477, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10,380
    Points
    406,477
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 66
    Quote Originally Posted by AltHawk View Post
    Why would it? One bad game doesn't change a thing. Iowa will still be a darkhorse B1G championship contender, and Iowa State will be lucky to make the NIT.

    If you ask the basketball analysts outside the state of Iowa I think you would be surprised to hear their responses. Iowa was pegged as a preseason top 5 team by one ESPN analyst and is ranked in the vast, vast majority of preseason top 25 polls

  6. #3681
    Addict
    Points: 178,178, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,035
    Points
    178,178
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 301
    Given: 151

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Tweets








  7. #3682
    Addict
    Points: 159,589, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,454
    Points
    159,589
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 5

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones7 View Post
    I have a friend that works in the UM athletic dept. There is a rumor up there floating around that Vaughn cancelled his trip to Baylor because he has already decided on a school. They believe it is Iowa State. But again this is just rumors and hearsay so take it for what it is worth.
    He's ours, book it down. If not I'm burning my season tickets.
    Eric, you with me?


    *****Fearless Leader of the 2012 HawkeyeNation Trolling Invasion*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Londo View Post
    If neither Texas and Oklahoma finish in the top 2 and we finish 7th or higher (all in the BXII of course) , I will legitimately cover myself in feathers, tape myself doing the chicken dance for no less than 3 minutes in the Iowa snow, and post the video to CF in a new thread on Dec. 14th. Book it. Quote me. Do whatever you need to do

  8. #3683
    Speechless
    Points: 846,228, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    53,750
    Points
    846,228
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 530

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFB View Post
    He's ours, book it down. If not I'm burning my season tickets.
    Eric, you with me?
    I may burn them anyway!


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #3684
    Addict
    Points: 68,126, Level: 81
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,624
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    6,333
    Points
    68,126
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 78

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I may burn them anyway!
    Sacrifices can only help



  10. #3685
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,770, Level: 80
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,226
    Points
    67,770
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 299
    Given: 286

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    It's been over 1000 posts since this was first posted. We can't let that happen again...




  11. #3686
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 3,251, Level: 16
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    CyKings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    231
    Points
    3,251
    Level
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 7

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    It's going to be an absolute madhouse for that Michigan game, especially now seeing how quickly it sold out. That could be the final nudge we need.
    It's also during the Early Signing Period... so we have the potential to get more than just a commitment when in town... we could get a signing... it's just potential and all hopes and dreams.

    and you know what they say about hopes: "You can hope in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one gets filled first"


    Let's make this Happen!

  12. #3687
    All-Star
    Points: 33,872, Level: 56
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    DurangoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Durango, CO
    Posts
    1,707
    Points
    33,872
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Quote Originally Posted by DrShekelstein View Post
    Current standings:
    49% Cyclones
    29% Linetrap Las Vegan Rebels
    17% Tarfeels
    9% Southern Canada Gopher Pit
    6% You have no chance wildcats

    Liking how this looks, except since 10/03/2013 we have had UNLV be picked FIVE times to our TWO times.
    I am getting kinda scared, but In Fred we trust.

    If Vaughn goes to UNLV it will be funny because I am willing to bank that they will not make it past the third round at MOST, just not enough talent and coaching prowess. Hoiberg was a hair away from making it to the sweet 16 this year had we not have an injured starter (and it is safe to say we very could of well of beaten Arizona and Wichita State in the elite 8). MWC is a weak conference and can't compete with Big 12/Big 10/Big East/ACC in basketball. Vaughns competition would be weak and by the time he gets to NCAA tourny his team might not be custom to the high intensity style of play against opponents with 4-5 stars ratings. I don't see many of those highly rated players going San Jose U, San Diego U, Boise State, U of New Mexico, or U of Wyoming.

    Only reason to go to UNLV is Vegas which means hotel and casinos and nightclubs and bars. Vaughn is too young to do anything in Vegas especially if he is one and done. Vaughn, my advice if you're reading, hold off on Vegas, it will be a lot more fun after Hoiberg helps you into the NBA, you're old enough, and you have $$thousands$$ to blow on gambling and alcohol. Besides Vegas grows old after a week or two.


    Hoiberg is a basketball genius and as a former NBA player/manager you will need him. You will be playing under an NBA caliber coach with up tempo NBA style of play. He knows whats up. Dave Rice has a great record at UNLV, but can't compare to Hoiberg. Plus your parents and fans from Minnesota will be close enough to attend every game.


    My question to you guys, would Chris Babb be able to shut down a player like Rashad Vaughn? Man I am gonna miss Babb.
    1. Holy wow, you're joking right?
    2. Nope, but it'd be fun to watch him try.



  13. #3688
    Prospect
    Points: 149, Level: 1
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures7 days registered100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27
    Points
    149
    Level
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Quote Originally Posted by DrShekelstein View Post
    Current standings:
    49% Cyclones
    29% Linetrap Las Vegan Rebels
    17% Tarfeels
    9% Southern Canada Gopher Pit
    6% You have no chance wildcats

    Liking how this looks, except since 10/03/2013 we have had UNLV be picked FIVE times to our TWO times.
    I am getting kinda scared, but In Fred we trust.

    If Vaughn goes to UNLV it will be funny because I am willing to bank that they will not make it past the third round at MOST, just not enough talent and coaching prowess. Hoiberg was a hair away from making it to the sweet 16 this year had we not have an injured starter (and it is safe to say we very could of well of beaten Arizona and Wichita State in the elite 8). MWC is a weak conference and can't compete with Big 12/Big 10/Big East/ACC in basketball. Vaughns competition would be weak and by the time he gets to NCAA tourny his team might not be custom to the high intensity style of play against opponents with 4-5 stars ratings. I don't see many of those highly rated players going San Jose U, San Diego U, Boise State, U of New Mexico, or U of Wyoming.

    Only reason to go to UNLV is Vegas which means hotel and casinos and nightclubs and bars. Vaughn is too young to do anything in Vegas especially if he is one and done. Vaughn, my advice if you're reading, hold off on Vegas, it will be a lot more fun after Hoiberg helps you into the NBA, you're old enough, and you have $$thousands$$ to blow on gambling and alcohol. Besides Vegas grows old after a week or two.

    Hoiberg is a basketball genius and as a former NBA player/manager you will need him. You will be playing under an NBA caliber coach with up tempo NBA style of play. He knows whats up. Dave Rice has a great record at UNLV, but can't compare to Hoiberg. Plus your parents and fans from Minnesota will be close enough to attend every game.


    My question to you guys, would Chris Babb be able to shut down a player like Rashad Vaughn? Man I am gonna miss Babb.
    wow it doesn't get much more delusional than this. Not enough talent lol? 2014 for unlv is already stacked. RV is the icing on the cake in vegas, not the make or break ala iowa st.This is only dave rice's 3rd year as a head coach. i think he has 51 wins in two seasons and the number 1 draft pick. I'm sure hoieberg is a good coach but take his **** out of your mouth. a basketball genius? a nice 16-16 season sure has genius written all over it. dave rice has about 10 less wins that your genius in ONE LESS SEASON, WITH A HIGHER SOS. i'm glad las vegas gets old to you fast but good thing RV does not care what you think about las vegas. It is clear you know nothing about lv. You think people who live in las vegas hang out in casinos all day and night? that is for the stupid tourists who pay the nevada state tax. I'm Sure RV will spend much of his time in one of the best basketballl facilities in the country, the mendenhall center. that is also where the usa Olympic team practices. I know nothing about iowa st facilities but i'm willing to my left nut its not as nice as of a set up unlv has for their players. if he picks iowa st it is prob based off his relationship with the coach? what else could it be?



  14. #3689
    Pro
    Points: 31,379, Level: 54
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    EYEoftheSTORM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,270
    Points
    31,379
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 2

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Quote Originally Posted by unlvownzu View Post
    wow it doesn't get much more delusional than this. Not enough talent lol? 2014 for unlv is already stacked. RV is the icing on the cake in vegas, not the make or break ala iowa st.This is only dave rice's 3rd year as a head coach. i think he has 51 wins in two seasons and the number 1 draft pick. I'm sure hoieberg is a good coach but take his **** out of your mouth. a basketball genius? a nice 16-16 season sure has genius written all over it. dave rice has about 10 less wins that your genius in ONE LESS SEASON, WITH A HIGHER SOS. i'm glad las vegas gets old to you fast but good thing RV does not care what you think about las vegas. It is clear you know nothing about lv. You think people who live in las vegas hang out in casinos all day and night? that is for the stupid tourists who pay the nevada state tax. I'm Sure RV will spend much of his time in one of the best basketballl facilities in the country, the mendenhall center. that is also where the usa Olympic team practices. I know nothing about iowa st facilities but i'm willing to my left nut its not as nice as of a set up unlv has for their players. if he picks iowa st it is prob based off his relationship with the coach? what else could it be?
    Actually I believe it does have genius written on it. When Hoiberg came in he had 3 returning scholarship players and ZERO coaching experience what so ever... ISU was competing on a nightly basis with XII teams. Talent was coming in, Id call that pretty successful for having little past credibility under your belt..




    I WAS THERE!!!!!!

  15. #3690
    All-Star
    Points: 26,805, Level: 50
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CloneLawman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,057
    Points
    26,805
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 3

    Re: Rashad Vaughn

    Quote Originally Posted by unlvownzu View Post
    wow it doesn't get much more delusional than this. Not enough talent lol? 2014 for unlv is already stacked. RV is the icing on the cake in vegas, not the make or break ala iowa st.This is only dave rice's 3rd year as a head coach. i think he has 51 wins in two seasons and the number 1 draft pick. I'm sure hoieberg is a good coach but take his **** out of your mouth. a basketball genius? a nice 16-16 season sure has genius written all over it. dave rice has about 10 less wins that your genius in ONE LESS SEASON, WITH A HIGHER SOS. i'm glad las vegas gets old to you fast but good thing RV does not care what you think about las vegas. It is clear you know nothing about lv. You think people who live in las vegas hang out in casinos all day and night? that is for the stupid tourists who pay the nevada state tax. I'm Sure RV will spend much of his time in one of the best basketballl facilities in the country, the mendenhall center. that is also where the usa Olympic team practices. I know nothing about iowa st facilities but i'm willing to my left nut its not as nice as of a set up unlv has for their players. if he picks iowa st it is prob based off his relationship with the coach? what else could it be?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jakes Idol.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	22478

    And now a word from your Senator...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m933a4umsK1ruiv8h.gif 
Views:	29 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	22479



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM