Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 221
  1. #31
    Addict
    Points: 59,100, Level: 75
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Final42b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,321
    Points
    59,100
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 532
    Given: 527

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    It really hurts us that des Moines hardly ever produces any good players.



  2. #32
    Addict
    Points: 129,826, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    tm3308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    7,063
    Points
    129,826
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,171
    Given: 732

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    Quote Originally Posted by CysRage View Post
    Close to home: Iowa-yep, Creighton-sort of, Nebraska-sort of, ISU-yep
    Safe campus: Iowa-sketchy, Creighton-nope, Nebraska-decent, ISU-yep
    Good school: Iowa-yep, Creighton-yep, Nebraska-hell no, ISU-yep

    We win. See you in Cardinal and Gold JM
    Disagree here. Iowa's perfectly safe, unless you're a girl and you hang around with Iowa athletes


    “Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

    “With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

    “He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

  3. #33
    Rookie
    Points: 9,070, Level: 28
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 280
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RoseBowlBound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Iowa City via WDM
    Posts
    595
    Points
    9,070
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 3

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    The only thing to be scared of at Iowa is the cops. Also, if your ranking academics iowa and isu are very close but id give edge to iowa for admissions standard, national reputation, and med school/law school. Not a huge difference.



  4. #34
    Legend
    Points: 248,318, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    14,540
    Points
    248,318
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,259
    Given: 1,382

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseBowlBound View Post
    The only thing to be scared of at Iowa is the cops. Also, if your ranking academics iowa and isu are very close but id give edge to iowa for admissions standard, national reputation, and med school/law school. Not a huge difference.
    Undergraduate academics at ISU and Iowa vary wildly by major. The schools compliment each other well.



  5. #35
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,470, Level: 65
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,193
    Points
    45,470
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 192

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    The true question is what is a batter arena...Hilton>Carver



  6. #36
    Addict
    Points: 213,938, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the U.S.
    Posts
    9,892
    Points
    213,938
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 803
    Given: 17

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    One other thing to mention about this kid.....if he is only 14 and already 6 4, it is pretty likely he is not done growing. My guess would be that he is not likely to be a point guard by his senior year in high school. More likely a shooting guard or small forward/wing. His recruitment has a very long ways to go.


    -Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

  7. #37
    All-Star
    Points: 34,191, Level: 56
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Fairfield
    Posts
    1,086
    Points
    34,191
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Final42b View Post
    It really hurts us that des Moines hardly ever produces any good players.
    the general area has produced probably the best three iowa players in the 2000s in korver and mcdermott and barnes

    its too bad the first 2 had to leave the state since isu and iowa werent interested

    cr area seems to send a lot of kids d1 but they dont really amount to much


    I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M FEELING 22!

  8. #38
    Pro
    Points: 29,137, Level: 52
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mjhavlo76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,089
    Points
    29,137
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 44

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    Myles is legit. Will be a four-star recruit as a senior.



  9. #39
    Pro
    Points: 47,635, Level: 67
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,128
    Points
    47,635
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,297
    Given: 1,143

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    Quote Originally Posted by TallKidIsTall View Post
    the general area has produced probably the best three iowa players in the 2000s in korver and mcdermott and barnes

    its too bad the first 2 had to leave the state since isu and iowa werent interested

    cr area seems to send a lot of kids d1 but they dont really amount to much
    I'm probably taking Hinrich and Collison over Korver.



  10. #40
    Addict
    Points: 90,592, Level: 93
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    7,647
    Points
    90,592
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 881

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    Highly touted guard Myles enrolls at UT : Western-big-six

    Looks like it didnt work out at that prep school or whatever they want to call it and is back in the quad cities, too bad its just not at my ol' stomping grounds in Dport.
    The state hs bball scene needs some more talent, its been pretty weak latelly.


    #BEATIOWA

  11. #41
    Addict
    Points: 98,012, Level: 97
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 1,038
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Rural's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    9,374
    Points
    98,012
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,426
    Given: 1,089

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    I think we need to start landing at least 1 Iowan every 1-2 years. Obviously that doesn't mean take sub-par guys, but this state has averages a legit player or two every year. Unfortunately, recently they've all chosen Iowa or other programs.

    It's hard enough to recruit against teams like Baylor and KU, but when you write off your entire state in recruiting, it makes it that much harder.




    I feel like Jok this year was worth taking a shot with.


    That's the right way


    Last edited by Rural; 01-11-2014 at 07:59 AM. Reason: insertion problem

  12. #42
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 43,002, Level: 64
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,248
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,592
    Points
    43,002
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 84

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    Quote Originally Posted by CysRage View Post
    Close to home: Iowa-yep, Creighton-sort of, Nebraska-sort of, ISU-yep
    Safe campus: Iowa-sketchy, Creighton-nope, Nebraska-decent, ISU-yep
    Good school: Iowa-yep, Creighton-yep, Nebraska-hell no, ISU-yep

    We win. See you in Cardinal and Gold JM



  13. #43
    Pro
    Points: 54,690, Level: 72
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 860
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Thomasrickj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    2,537
    Points
    54,690
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 720
    Given: 104

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    To everyone that hates our recruiting efforts in the state of Iowa:

    Fred will start getting the very good Iowa players. He's become a tremendous recruiter. We didn't land guys like Gessel (even though he's technically from Nebraska, but Nebraska isn't a factor for any decent recruits to want to go to), Oglesby, Uthoff, and Woodbury because Fred was still unproven. McCaffery had head coaching experience and did a fantastic job at Siena. That worked out to his favor. Had Hoiberg been a successful coach elsewhere before ISU, at least one of those guys would've signed with ISU at the time. If these guys were seniors now, Hoiberg would probably have one or two of them committed by now. Jok is a vastly overrated mediocre player that we gave up on as well. Paige left the state of Iowa because he clearly wanted to be a blue blood just like Barnes.

    This doesn't mean that I want all of these Hawks on our team, just using their names as examples. It doesn't bother me that we aren't signing Iowa kids, but I guarantee you that if there was an extremely talented player coming out of Iowa next year, Fred would do everything he can to get him. Iowa is a very small state (population-wise), so it's not like they're guaranteed a 4 or 5 star player every year. There will be another year like two years ago with the talent in the state of Iowa, and Fred will pick up at least one guy from there. Have some faith and don't use the past when Hoiberg was inexperienced as a reason to worry about us not getting talent from the state of Iowa. It's not that he has given up on the state, because he will get a few talented players from there by the time he's done coaching at ISU.



  14. #44
    Legend
    Points: 215,925, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranSocial
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    14,501
    Points
    215,925
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,795
    Given: 895

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasrickj View Post
    To everyone that hates our recruiting efforts in the state of Iowa:

    Fred will start getting the very good Iowa players. He's become a tremendous recruiter. We didn't land guys like Gessel (even though he's technically from Nebraska, but Nebraska isn't a factor for any decent recruits to want to go to), Oglesby, Uthoff, and Woodbury because Fred was still unproven. McCaffery had head coaching experience and did a fantastic job at Siena. That worked out to his favor. Had Hoiberg been a successful coach elsewhere before ISU, at least one of those guys would've signed with ISU at the time. If these guys were seniors now, Hoiberg would probably have one or two of them committed by now. Jok is a vastly overrated mediocre player that we gave up on as well. Paige left the state of Iowa because he clearly wanted to be a blue blood just like Barnes.

    This doesn't mean that I want all of these Hawks on our team, just using their names as examples. It doesn't bother me that we aren't signing Iowa kids, but I guarantee you that if there was an extremely talented player coming out of Iowa next year, Fred would do everything he can to get him. Iowa is a very small state (population-wise), so it's not like they're guaranteed a 4 or 5 star player every year. There will be another year like two years ago with the talent in the state of Iowa, and Fred will pick up at least one guy from there. Have some faith and don't use the past when Hoiberg was inexperienced as a reason to worry about us not getting talent from the state of Iowa. It's not that he has given up on the state, because he will get a few talented players from there by the time he's done coaching at ISU.
    Didn't woodmonkey show up for a visit wearing hawk gear? Face it, most of these kids are probably hawk fans. I think with Fred's continued success will push through some of that but ignorance is just that.



  15. #45
    All-Star
    Points: 14,861, Level: 37
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BuffettClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Altoona, Iowa
    Posts
    1,285
    Points
    14,861
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 66

    Re: Jerry Myles - MBB recruit

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    Didn't woodmonkey show up for a visit wearing hawk gear? Face it, most of these kids are probably hawk fans. I think with Fred's continued success will push through some of that but ignorance is just that.
    Maybe not a good coaching strategy but I would have kicked him off campus and sent him back home if he showed up wearing another school's gear, especially the in-state rival.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM