Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50
  1. #31
    Addict
    Points: 43,516, Level: 64
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    NickTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    5,013
    Points
    43,516
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 496
    Given: 660

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrevkah View Post
    Only if I am trying to impress the hostess...but she asked me to arrange it, so I don't think I need to impress her.
    Yeah that is probably a different situation then.



  2. #32
    Addict
    Points: 108,428, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    7,059
    Points
    108,428
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 718
    Given: 461

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrevkah View Post
    I know there are so many other options, but I was asked to help plan for an event at someones home and they want pizza.

    I'd like good suggestions for how to get around the fact that most people will be ordering pizza. Do I order it ahead, like this weekend? Get the fresh pizza and bake it there? What are your solutions and options?

    I'm not sure on the types of pizza yet. At least one cheese and maybe on veggie.
    I hope this isn't all you are ordering. A place I used to work used to do a pizza lunch/brainstorming meeting. The woman who ran it always talked about everyoen wanting cheese and veggie pizza. I was the only one who ever spoke up and said, "I don't care what you order, but make sure there is a meat pizza for me. Be it sausage, pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, bacon, I don't care, but meat is a must on my pizza."

    Well, they would order 2 cheese pizza's, a veggie pizza and one sausage pizza. After everyone in the room grabbed two pieces, guess what pizza was gone, guess what pizzas had one or two slices taken from them. I even mentioned it when ordering, "Hey, everyone eats the sausage pizza, why don't we order 2 of those?" "Well, the cheese and veggie get eaten too." "Yeah, after the meat pizza is gone, people are still hungry, so of course cheese is next." Never did change.

    Sorry for my rant, but make sure you order some meat pizza too. If you are planning on having it delivered, I would order a bit in advance. I know Super Bowl is a busy pizza day, if you call early enough you can maybe pick your delivery time.



  3. #33
    Addict
    Points: 155,344, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cyrevkah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,186
    Points
    155,344
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 3,101

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan94 View Post
    I hope this isn't all you are ordering. A place I used to work used to do a pizza lunch/brainstorming meeting. The woman who ran it always talked about everyoen wanting cheese and veggie pizza. I was the only one who ever spoke up and said, "I don't care what you order, but make sure there is a meat pizza for me. Be it sausage, pepperoni, Canadian Bacon, bacon, I don't care, but meat is a must on my pizza."

    Well, they would order 2 cheese pizza's, a veggie pizza and one sausage pizza. After everyone in the room grabbed two pieces, guess what pizza was gone, guess what pizzas had one or two slices taken from them. I even mentioned it when ordering, "Hey, everyone eats the sausage pizza, why don't we order 2 of those?" "Well, the cheese and veggie get eaten too." "Yeah, after the meat pizza is gone, people are still hungry, so of course cheese is next." Never did change.

    Sorry for my rant, but make sure you order some meat pizza too. If you are planning on having it delivered, I would order a bit in advance. I know Super Bowl is a busy pizza day, if you call early enough you can maybe pick your delivery time.
    Don't worry. Depending on estimate of students there will be two meat pizzas. I will at least get a veggie one. The cheese is if any children are included.



  4. #34
    Addict
    Points: 108,428, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    7,059
    Points
    108,428
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 718
    Given: 461

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrevkah View Post
    Don't worry. Depending on estimate of students there will be two meat pizzas. I will at least get a veggie one. The cheese is if any children are included.
    Just making sure. I think it's one of those things that people say to feel good about themselves, "Veggie Pizza" or "only cheese, less calories." Then, when the stuff shows up, everyone remembers how good sausage really is.



  5. #35
    Addict
    Points: 176,839, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    9,550
    Points
    176,839
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,276
    Given: 780

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    I think homemade would be a good option to avoid everywhere being so busy, and could be fun if it's a gathering of international students. The only part of it that would be a pain is the dough. Making it from scratch/box can be messy and I don't like the premade dough they sell in stores.

    What I've seen people do though is purchase dough from Hy-Vee if they have an Italian Express. You can buy it from them in all different sizes, so maybe those small personal pan ones would be a good idea. Might want to call ahead and see if the Hy-Vee would do this, as maybe it's just our local store in Omaha who agrees to sell them.


    Last edited by Farnsworth; 01-25-2013 at 01:39 PM.

  6. #36
    Speechless
    Points: 266,821, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,603
    Points
    266,821
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,137
    Given: 4,221

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I'd be fairly surprised if revkah is trying to impress a lady.

    sometimes it sucks to be the last to know, eh?



  7. #37
    Addict
    Points: 176,839, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    9,550
    Points
    176,839
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,276
    Given: 780

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    Also, if you go the homemade route, they also have pizza sauce in squeeze bottles now which is nice so you can avoid aluminum cans and messes.

    Attachment 17789



  8. #38
    Speechless
    Points: 436,039, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    65,344
    Points
    436,039
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,536
    Given: 1,173

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    Supreme DiGournos.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Georgios, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Dustin, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  9. #39
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 106,866, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SaraV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,750
    Points
    106,866
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,157
    Given: 534

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post
    I think homemade would be a good option to avoid everywhere being so busy, and could be fun if it's a gathering of international students. The only part of it that would be a pain is the dough. Making it from scratch/box can be messy and I don't like the premade dough they sell in stores.

    What I've seen people do though is purchase dough from Hy-Vee if they have an Italian Express. You can buy it from them in all different sizes, so maybe those small personal pan ones would be a good idea. Might want to call ahead and see if the Hy-Vee would do this, as maybe it's just our local store in Omaha who agrees to sell them.
    Along the take 'n bake route, I prefer Hy-Vee pizzas over Papa Murphy pizzas. (Although Papa Murphy's pizzas are HUGE)

    Toppings: Whenever someone asks my husband and myself what we like on our pizza, we both say, almost always in unison, "Meat." Don't hate vegetables, just don't want them on my pizza.


    Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.
    -- Henry Ford

  10. #40
    All-Star
    Points: 43,417, Level: 64
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 833
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tec71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    1,283
    Points
    43,417
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 9

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    What is this Super Bowl thing you keep talking about?


    "95% of all quotes posted on Facebook are either made up or mistakenly attributed to someone famous." - Albert Einstien


  11. #41
    Legend
    Points: 219,401, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    dmclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    50131
    Posts
    14,505
    Points
    219,401
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 665
    Given: 966

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    How come no one in Ames ever talks about Black Market pizza? It's not a place where I would buy from every time but I like it alot.



  12. #42
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 528,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    18,812
    Points
    528,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,539
    Given: 6,553

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    How come no one in Ames ever talks about Black Market pizza? It's not a place where I would buy from every time but I like it alot.
    I don't really care for that style of pizza, but it is far too expensive for the quality.


    M 7/09

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter4Cy View Post
    I got 99 problems but angie isn't one.

  13. #43
    Speechless
    Points: 673,085, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    27,362
    Points
    673,085
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,872
    Given: 543

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    How come no one in Ames ever talks about Black Market pizza? It's not a place where I would buy from every time but I like it alot.
    It's trrbl.




    Eyes closed, head first, can't lose.

  14. #44
    Speechless
    Points: 444,933, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,290
    Points
    444,933
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 469
    Given: 97

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    How come no one in Ames ever talks about Black Market pizza? It's not a place where I would buy from every time but I like it alot.
    My girlfriend lives a driver and pitching wedge away and I'd rather drive down to Casey's and get pizza.



  15. #45
    Legend
    Points: 137,204, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    11,284
    Points
    137,204
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 976
    Given: 789

    Re: Ordering Pizza and the Super Bowl

    Joe's Pizza. Support a family that has moved to Ames because of ISU.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM