Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 825
    Given: 803

Times You Scared Somebody Good

Angie's threads always give me the best (worst?) ideas.

What is your best "scared the heck out of someone" story?

Mine is from about 10 years ago. A couple times a year, family friends from several states away would visit. I was really good friends with one of the daughters, and my brother was really close with one of the sons. We always had a lot of fun and got into trouble when they visited. One summer, the boys decided to camp out in our lower yard that had a lot of walnut trees and berry bushes (so not a very open area). My friend and I decided we wanted to scare them, so we grabbed Halloween masks (bald pirate and a middle-eastern terrorist looking one - no idea what it's from), and hid in a bush about 20 feet from their tent. We were trying to decide how best to scare them, since the tent had a complete zip up opening, and trying to get that open would take too long to be effectively scary.

We have a lot of coyotes in the area, so while the boys thought they were being brave, they were already a little on edge. They had our dog in there with them, and of course, he smelled and/or heard us, and started barking at us from inside the tent. My brother couldn't get him to quiet down, so he decides to take him back to the barn for the night.....leaving the tent partially unzipped, and the friend in there by himself. We made our move and snuck up on the opening - friend must have heard us because he goes "Cowgirls' brother, is that you?" in this scared as **** voice.

We jumped into the tent with our masks on and he starts screaming like a little girl.Yelling "PLEASE DON'T KILL ME, DON'T KILL ME" and covering his head with the sleeping bag. We were trying to make scary noises but we were laughing so hard we couldn't breathe. We snapped a couple photos of his face (great blackmail) and he finally figured out who we were and calmed down. He told us he thought we were Osama bin Laden's minions coming to get him.................in rural Illinois.

He's now in the Air Force, and I like to think that night helped influence his career decisions.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 615
    Given: 2,492

Re: Times You Scared Somebody Good

I haven't scared others much, but I am jumpy as hell and my guy friends used to make a sport out of scaring me.

M 7/09

Speechless
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,348
    Given: 126

One time my family went on vacation and forgot me at home, some burglars tried to break in but I thwarted them with various home made traps, my mom was especially freaked out the whole time and even drove home in the back of a truck with a polka band instead of waiting for a flight.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 265

I had an imaginary gf whom I never saw, but I digress...

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

KFitzy87

Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    One time my family went on vacation and forgot me at home, some burglars tried to break in but I thwarted them with various home made traps, my mom was especially freaked out the whole time and even drove home in the back of a truck with a polka band instead of waiting for a flight.
    You didn't turn out as well as I thought you might

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 5

I'm on to you, pal.

Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I haven't scared others much, but I am jumpy as hell and my guy friends used to make a sport out of scaring me.
    scaring me is like taking candy from a baby, so it was nice to be on the giving end that time.

This would make a great movie!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,229
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 96

I hide in my 3-year-old's closet with a ski mask while she thinks I'm not home. Then after my wife tucks her into bed I wait about 5 minutes and come out of the closet with a fake knife and pretend I'm going to kidnap her. You should her her screaming in terror! It is the funniest thing!

It works nicely every time because for some reason she doesn't sleep very well, so I always know she's going to be up for a while after mommy tucks her in.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by azepp View Post
    I hide in my 3-year-old's closet with a ski mask while she thinks I'm not home. Then after my wife tucks her into bed I wait about 5 minutes and come out of the closet with a fake knife and pretend I'm going to kidnap her. You should her her screaming in terror! It is the funniest thing!

It works nicely every time because for some reason she doesn't sleep very well, so I always know she's going to be up for a while after mommy tucks her in.
    big therapy bill in that girl's future

DistrictCyclone

Yay, cowgirl thread!!!

I pretended I was dead once when a babysitter was watching us...she didn't come back.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    Yay, cowgirl thread!!!

I pretended I was dead once when a babysitter was watching us...she didn't come back.
    I feel like we need more details? Did you fake a gory death or just lie on the floor and refuse to move?

DistrictCyclone

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    I feel like we need more details? Did you fake a gory death or just lie on the floor and refuse to move?
    The latter; I pretended to be non-responsive when it was time to eat dinner. She started freaking out and asked my sister to call the hospital, which is when I gave up the ruse. In retrospect, I should be ****** at my parents for hiring a babysitter that A) didn't bother to check my pulse or breathing before flipping out, B) freaking out my younger sister by screaming at her to call the hospital, and C) trying to call the hospital directly instead of calling 911.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The latter; I pretended to be non-responsive when it was time to eat dinner. She started freaking out and asked my sister to call the hospital, which is when I gave up the ruse. In retrospect, I should be ****** at my parents for hiring a babysitter that A) didn't bother to check my pulse or breathing before flipping out, B) freaking out my younger sister by screaming at her to call the hospital, and C) trying to call the hospital directly instead of calling 911.
    that does seem like she failed all the basics of watching somebody's kid.

All-Star
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,165
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

Yay, cowgirl thread!!!

when i was in school i knew this blacksmith student. always presented himself in a very tough manner. tattoos all over, literally wore bones in his ears as gauges (he claimed they were human bones, have no idea if you can actually buy human bone though), loves to get drunk and fight, etc.

One night he was working late in the studio blaring death metal with the power hammer running so i knew he couldn't hear me. he didn't see me so as he turned and walked away i quickly got right behind him and mirrored his every step to where i was about 6in. behind him, after about 10 steps he stopped and turned around and found me about 2 inches from his face. he screamed like a little girl and even spastically and uncontrollably waived his hands in front of his face.

i like to remind him of how he screamed like a ***** that night.

DistrictCyclone

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    that does seem like she failed all the basics of watching somebody's kid.
    I can't remember if this was the babysitter, but one of them gave us a "dinner" of sandwiches with peanut butter, marshmallows, and chocolate syrup...after that, my parents always left money for pizza to be delivered.