Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

sloppy team...getting worse over time KU/TECH difference?

We played KU well....on the road...and the TCU tech games were ppathetic. I wanted some input on what you think. Is going on. We. Dont. Transition well...cant shoot inside the arch. Seems like the 3/2 zone defense hurt us a lot. Also...what is the bigg difference between kansas and tech.? I just dont see us havinng a good stretch the next month. We are not playing welll and look sloppy. Kstate will eaat us up it is lookking like. What is one thing we must improve on before sat?

Walk On
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

Re: sloppy team...getting worse over time KU/TECH difference?

I hate phone keyboards...sorry for errors.

All-Star
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,164
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 51

I'm sure you had wonderful intentions with starting this thread, but your keyboard mashing is making that pretty hard to read, let alone focus on the point.

EDIT: I see you called yourself out before I could play grammar police.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Fan-freaking-tastic. Love me some nhclone.

KFitzy87

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    We played KU well....on the road...and the TCU tech games were ppathetic. I wanted some input on what you think. Is going on. We. Dont. Transition well...cant shoot inside the arch. Seems like the 3/2 zone defense hurt us a lot. Also...what is the bigg difference between kansas and tech.? I just dont see us havinng a good stretch the next month. We are not playing welll and look sloppy. Kstate will eaat us up it is lookking like. What is one thing we must improve on before sat?
    I had to work, so I didn't see the game... But if they were playing 3-2 then that means they were probably forcing us to try to beat them down low... Which would make a lot of sense. If I were scheming against us I would play a D that heavily contests the three and try to force our posts to do the scoring. Outside of Georges, none of our other posts are extremely polished on the offensive side of the ball. With a hand in the face on every three, many less are going to go in.

DistrictCyclone

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    ur typing. From ur phone?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 574

Quote Originally Posted by KFitzy87 View Post
    I had to work, so I didn't see the game... But if they were playing 3-2 then that means they were probably forcing us to try to beat them down low... Which would make a lot of sense. If I were scheming against us I would play a D that heavily contests the three and try to force our posts to do the scoring. Outside of Georges, none of our other posts are extremely polished on the offensive side of the ball. With a hand in the face on every three, many less are going to go in.
    That's pretty much the way I saw it.

They say country music speaks to the heart. Unfortunately, it has to go through your ears to get there.

Starter
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20

Last night's loss was 100% due to poor shot selection on offense. McGee can't come off the bench launching from mid court either. He is too shoot happy right now and that has been contagious on the offensive end. Need a couple good days of practice and come pop Kstate in the mouth Saturday.

Smoke um if you got um

Recruit
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Bingo ... ISU didn't take advantage of miss matches that Tech gave. We settled for quick outside shots.

Also ... Did anyone else punch the tv when our best effort in the last 30 seconds was a fall-away three? WTF...

Pro
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 236

lets face it lack of coaching, not just CFH is making this team with no direction, we run absolutely zero offense plays

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by KFitzy87 View Post
    Exactly. If team's force us into bad 3's or we're not hitting 3's, we struggle because Niang is our only guy that can score down low, and as good as he is he's still a freshman that often gets in foul trouble. The big dissappointment to me is Gibson. He looks like he's added 20 pounds, but he's lost his touch around the basket and doesn't jump as well. He's actually regressed since last year and I don't know if he's put on bad weight or what, but if he was even as good as he was last year we would be much better because he could at least give us some inside presence on offense. Unless Gibson can somehow find his offense, most nights we're going to live and die with the 3, and last night we weren't getting enough good looks, no doubt in part due to Tech's good defense.

KFitzy87

Last year we could manage when a team guarded us tight at the 3 point line because Royce was such a dominant presence inside that he could be the go-to man in those situations. We don't have that kind of dominant player this year... Again, Niang is great and all, but he's not a physical specimen that can just dominate the paint... And Booker/Gibson have the mass, but not the offensive prowess of Niang