Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 29

The standings after Baylor

It's interesting to look at the standings in the Big 12. We are the only team who has played Baylor twice and stand at 4-3 in the middle of a pack that everyone expected. The teams in front of us a two teams that we have beaten - OU and TTech. OU has yet to play Baylor nor has TTech. The middle of the pack is a group of teams (6) sitting at 4-3 or 3-4. As Coach Fen mentioned last night, State needs to survive January and that includes two road games at WVU and KU. Neither is an easy task, but 1-1 minimum is necessary and 2-0 would put the Sisters in a very good position to make a run at 2nd place. It's going to be interesting!

Rookie
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Re: The standings after Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by acoustimac View Post
    It's interesting to look at the standings in the Big 12. We are the only team who has played Baylor twice and stand at 4-3 in the middle of a pack that everyone expected. The teams in front of us a two teams that we have beaten - OU and TTech. OU has yet to play Baylor nor has TTech. The middle of the pack is a group of teams (6) sitting at 4-3 or 3-4. As Coach Fen mentioned last night, State needs to survive January and that includes two road games at WVU and KU. Neither is an easy task, but 1-1 minimum is necessary and 2-0 would put the Sisters in a very good position to make a run at 2nd place. It's going to be interesting!
    I like interesting! It's fun being in the mix with so much to play for. I hope we start going on a little mini run (I'd take a big run too!). We've proven we can play decent with No. 1 in the country (at least one of the two games), and there's games where it's definitely been a struggle. Can hope the ladies have learned from both and many big things to come.

Starter
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

It's kind of a crazy league right now. A game can go to OT, or be a rout. A team can look great one night, and then not even look good another. Baylor can look bored, and still win by double digits. Even with the transition to a new coach at Texas, who would have thought they'd be winless so far in the conference!? Their two best players (Fussell and Enempali) suspended for the KU game last night for violating team rules. Across the league, various injuries, departures, volleyball players playing basketball. Some of the shortest teams in the league standing tall.

The opportunities are there if a team can find its focus.

Pro
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,030
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 37

Better than the 0-5 start of last year for sure but I think we are going to land at around 9-9 again or 10-8. To do better than that we need five players each playing well every game for nearly 40 minutes and that just does not seem likely to me. Can Moody be a scoring PG with lots of assists or a non scoring player that is a turnover machine? Is Poppens able to play like her old self or not? I know better than to underestimate a Cyclone WBB team but I can't shake my pessimistic feel for the team finishing very high in the conference. Maybe a couple of roadwarrior wins and a couple double-doubles by Poppens before the end of the month will rally me!

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 601
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 21

loved what coach told the team last night, we are 4-1. :-)

All-Star
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 830
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by cydney View Post
    It's kind of a crazy league right now. A game can go to OT, or be a rout. A team can look great one night, and then not even look good another. Baylor can look bored, and still win by double digits. Even with the transition to a new coach at Texas, who would have thought they'd be winless so far in the conference!? Their two best players (Fussell and Enempali) suspended for the KU game last night for violating team rules. Across the league, various injuries, departures, volleyball players playing basketball. Some of the shortest teams in the league standing tall.

The opportunities are there if a team can find its focus.
    Ratings on the Longhorn Network have to be hurting. About the only UT team that has been up to par this year has been volleyball.