Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 108

Re: Does lucious or clyburn care

Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    You really don't need to take that poster serious, Hawkeye fan who didn't watch the game. He's jumping on this opportunity to come across as an unbiased spectator when in-fact he just wants to get a few shots in on our team.

I have never looked at tm that way. Honestly I think hes the best rival fan we have on this board. Seems pretty fair to me. His post makes sense as well.

DistrictCyclone

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    And I hate how people always bring up stats to try to show that these guys are playing well. Stats are just numbers folks. Watch these guys play. It's painful to watch. More than half the time they don't care what's going on out there.
    Books are just a bunch of words. Music? It's just a bunch of notes! Movies are nothing but a bunch of pictures shown at high speeds. And stats? Yes, stats are just numbers. Nobody remembers that Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points in a game once...what they remember is the way he looked while playing in that game. Who needs stats?

So to recap, disregard any actual quantitative evidence of how players perform; instead, just pay attention to clonedud's expert assessment of players' attitudes derived from watching games on his couch.

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,151
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 24

Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    I have never looked at tm that way. Honestly I think hes the best rival fan we have on this board. Seems pretty fair to me. His post makes sense as well.
    I agree, not saying he isn't a fair poster most of the time. Just assuming he's got to be kicking back and enjoying this just a little bit. The factual part remains that he admittedly didn't watch the game and is a fan of a team that generally despises us.

"It's appropriate for leaders sometimes to move boldly against the flow of public opinion," she said. "That's called leadership." --- Sarah Swisher (D), Superdelegate, Iowa City

Pro
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

I think this team still has a chance to make the tourney... I'm not jumping off the cliff like many others.

That being said, Lucious drives me nuts to watch. He's careless with the ball and defends about 25% of the time. He never takes command of the team like a senior PG should. He does hit some great/tough shots and he does things with the ball sometimes that are IMPRESSIVE, but his wreckless play just drives me crazy.

And someone PLEASE teach Percy Gibson how to pass the ball out of the post when he's double teamed... ugh...

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 108

I agree, not saying he isn't a fair poster most of the time. Just assuming he's got to be kicking back and enjoying this just a little bit. The factual part remains that he admittedly didn't watch the game and is a fan of a team that generally despises us.

Ive seen his posts on HN, he goes to bat for us frequently. Hell they sometimes treat him as a troll over there for doing it. Trust me I feel icky for defending a hawk fan, but fair is fair. Plus he pays me on the side for good pub. Wait, I should have left that part out.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 703
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 428

This place is starting to look like Hawkeye Nation with the meltdown.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 115

Quote Originally Posted by Clonegrad07 View Post
    I think this team still has a chance to make the tourney... I'm not jumping off the cliff like many others.

That being said, Lucious drives me nuts to watch. He's careless with the ball and defends about 25% of the time. He never takes command of the team like a senior PG should. He does hit some great/tough shots and he does things with the ball sometimes that are IMPRESSIVE, but his wreckless play just drives me crazy.

And someone PLEASE teach Percy Gibson how to pass the ball out of the post when he's double teamed... ugh...
    I agree. 5% chance.

Addict
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 32

If we're calling out players, the two in the thread title wouldn't be my first two.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 875
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 69

Quote Originally Posted by Cyballzz View Post
    Good thing he only had 3 turnovers than. I mean short of walking the ball and handing it to Booker that number would have been 2.

Nothing like "I didn't watch the game but here are my thoughts" guy. Everyone played like **** tonight.
    My apologies. I was going off of ESPN's stats, which have been updated. When I made that post, it said he had 4 TO and was 4-11 from the floor. Now it says 3 TO and 4-12.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I've gone on the record, both here and on HN, as a fan of both teams on all but a handful of calendar dates (one in September, three in December).

But like I said, I'm not basing my opinion of Lucious off of just last night's game. I've never been a believer in him. Honestly, if he'd never made that buzzer beater in the NCAA tourney, nobody would know who he was.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    For not being a good shooter, Lucious is shooting 36% from 3 point range.....better than anyone on Iowa's roster.
    Actually, Marble is shooting 36.8%, Lucious is at 36.2%.

But, even if that weren't the case; do you really want to use Iowa's pathetic 3-point shooting as any kind of positive standard? Marble's not a good 3-point shooter, either. His % is beefed up by the UNI and South Carolina State games, when he went a combined 10-17.

Rookie
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 3

I don't know why anyone isn't including McGee in their wrath. In 24 mins, he went 2-10 with 1 rebound and 1 assist, and IMO had the worst shot selection of the night. Frankly, the whole team played terrible, but Clyburn probably played the best out of any of them.

Oh well. One bad loss does not derail a season. Beat KSU, which is very possible, and everything will be fine.

All-Star
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    In the OP's defense, I've never been a Lucious fan, either. Not a good shooter, careless with the ball, below-average defender. He's an extremely poor man's Allen Iverson, pure volume scorer who needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

I didn't see tonight's game, but looking at the stats, it was a pretty typical night out for Lucious. 11 points, yes. But on 4-11 shooting, with 2 assists and 4 TO.

That's who he was in East Lansing, and that's who he is now. He's got talent, and he will always show flashes; just enough to keep people hooked on him. But he's never been able to find consistency in his game.
    This. A million times this. His caring is not the issue.

Starter
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 17

Next game Clyburn will furrow his eyebrows just to show you how much he cares.
    What athlete doesn't care? Are you kidding me? Just because he stays calm and keeps his emotions internal you hate on him. Let's over think everything.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

I have posted in the past that Lucious is a frustrating player to follow. The problem is he is so talented but he's not consistent. I would give him a pass for last nights game. I thought I heard he was sick, I'm assuming the flu, and the team didn't even know if he would play. I think it's admiral that he did play especially if it was the flu because that just drains your energy. Maybe if Bubu was going to play they would have sat KL down for the game. Who knows what would have happened if he didn't play but he was trying to help the team. The one thing that comes out of the loss is now all the players and coaches know it's up to them if they want to make the tournament. They know now that they have to come out every game with a sense of urgency. This might be the time the true character of this team shows through and maybe will suprise everyone. I wouldn't write this team off just yet.