Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 9,604, Level: 29
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    TheJackWePack5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ames, IA.
    Posts
    397
    Points
    9,604
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Kansas Recruiting class 2013

    They are taking the "immediate impact" route in recruiting signing 17 prospects at the JUCO level (including the #1 JUCO player) Besides that they need impact players asap having lost so many straight B-12 games. Ranked 6th right now for class of 2013(we are 8th, rankings will change after signing period). It will be interesting to see how it pans out for Kansas. Interesting recruiting scheme.

    Your thoughts?

    My guess is that they break that conference loss streak next year. Just hopefully not against us.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 150,442, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,029
    Points
    150,442
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 1

    Re: Kansas Recruiting class 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJackWePack5 View Post
    They are taking the "immediate impact" route in recruiting signing 17 prospects at the JUCO level (including the #1 JUCO player) Besides that they need impact players asap having lost so many straight B-12 games. Ranked 6th right now for class of 2013(we are 8th, rankings will change after signing period). It will be interesting to see how it pans out for Kansas. Interesting recruiting scheme.

    Your thoughts?

    My guess is that they break that conference loss streak next year. Just hopefully not against us.
    Future ignored rules violation.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 380,762, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,547
    Points
    380,762
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 112

    Re: Kansas Recruiting class 2013

    Are there enough jucos for Weiss and Snyder to share?


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 7,011, Level: 24
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    393
    Points
    7,011
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Kansas Recruiting class 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Are there enough jucos for Weiss and Snyder to share?
    Lol.

    With nearly every team breaking in a new QB I think Heaps could be the best in the conference. He wasn't that bad at BYU and I think he just didn't have the support of his teammates who were all 4-5 years older than him since he didn't go on a mission and started as a freshman.


    They should keep most of the losses respectable again. Might pull some close games out. I can see them going 3-6 in conference.

    Noone seems that scary next year. If whoever replaces Florence is legit and there isn't a drop off (not sure what their QBs are like) I think Baylor is the best team b/c of Seastrunk and their D getting slowly better.

    Something is wrong with OU with how they bent over to ND and Kstate and quit against A+M. They'll beat Texas and win a couple big games but bank on 4 losses from them. Collin Klein was an amazing college QB (before his concussion) K State will miss him. The Horns will be the same team they were this season I doubt they improve Mack Brown is a joke (we can probably beat them in Ames.) Tech is a wildcard and hard to predict they have some big boys but the coaching change might take a while (along with no Doege.)



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 11,764, Level: 32
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Nuts4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    417
    Points
    11,764
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 12

    Re: Kansas Recruiting class 2013

    We were desperate and signed a bunch of highly recruited juco kids one year too, and most didn't make it to Ames or see the field. This includes the nations top 2 juco corners who had the most interceptions at the juco level the year before.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 22,844, Level: 46
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 706
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    iowa_wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,156
    Points
    22,844
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 2

    Re: Kansas Recruiting class 2013

    Charlie had nothing to lose. Gill left the cupboard bare. It is difficult to recruit high school players when your record is 1-11. Recruiting the juco kids gives KU an immediate uptick in talent.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 33,571, Level: 56
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    CycloneVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    1,266
    Points
    33,571
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 215

    Re: Kansas Recruiting class 2013

    Until Charlie (Never met a meal he didnt Eat) Weiss actually shows propensity for coaching up college kids then I'm not worried.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 115,254, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,416
    Points
    115,254
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 12

    Re: Kansas Recruiting class 2013

    Why does everyone always add the extra "s" to Chuck's last name? Never understood it. Maybe it's a fat joke I'm not privy to.



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 13,276, Level: 34
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    WallenIzBallin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    553
    Points
    13,276
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 0

    Re: Kansas Recruiting class 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4Cy View Post
    We were desperate and signed a bunch of highly recruited juco kids one year too, and most didn't make it to Ames or see the field. This includes the nations top 2 juco corners who had the most interceptions at the juco level the year before.
    Who are you referring to?



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 107,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,305
    Points
    107,745
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 182

    Re: Kansas Recruiting class 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJackWePack5 View Post
    They are taking the "immediate impact" route in recruiting signing 17 prospects at the JUCO level (including the #1 JUCO player) Besides that they need impact players asap having lost so many straight B-12 games. Ranked 6th right now for class of 2013(we are 8th, rankings will change after signing period). It will be interesting to see how it pans out for Kansas. Interesting recruiting scheme.

    Your thoughts?

    My guess is that they break that conference loss streak next year. Just hopefully not against us.


    I saw a list in another thread of the Top JUCOs. There are an amazing number in junior colleges in Kansas.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 352,746, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,485
    Points
    352,746
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 9

    Re: Kansas Recruiting class 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseCyclone View Post
    Lol.

    With nearly every team breaking in a new QB I think Heaps could be the best in the conference. He wasn't that bad at BYU and I think he just didn't have the support of his teammates who were all 4-5 years older than him since he didn't go on a mission and started as a freshman.


    They should keep most of the losses respectable again. Might pull some close games out. I can see them going 3-6 in conference.

    Noone seems that scary next year. If whoever replaces Florence is legit and there isn't a drop off (not sure what their QBs are like) I think Baylor is the best team b/c of Seastrunk and their D getting slowly better.

    Something is wrong with OU with how they bent over to ND and Kstate and quit against A+M. They'll beat Texas and win a couple big games but bank on 4 losses from them. Collin Klein was an amazing college QB (before his concussion) K State will miss him. The Horns will be the same team they were this season I doubt they improve Mack Brown is a joke (we can probably beat them in Ames.) Tech is a wildcard and hard to predict they have some big boys but the coaching change might take a while (along with no Doege.)
    You say funny things.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM