Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 131

Thread: return of Bubu

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 27,335, Level: 50
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    josh4isu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,061
    Points
    27,335
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

    return of Bubu

    Is anyone as excited as i am? Last year he was second off the bench in minutes per game and he provides great depth if lucious turns the ball over/ gets into foul trouble and also allows clyburn to stay at the 3 if fred wants him to.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 363,583, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    12,085
    Points
    363,583
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,178
    Given: 607

    Re: return of Bubu

    His energy off the bench is just under McGee's. He may not be the best shooter on this team, or the best defender, but he is going to make teams give him attention


    Category 4 Boat Shoes Campus Rep
    PM for Discounts / Promo Codes

    Talk to BU4ISU for Category 5

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 159,985, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,639
    Points
    159,985
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 819

    Re: return of Bubu

    Quote Originally Posted by josh4isu View Post
    Is anyone as excited as i am? Last year he was second off the bench in minutes per game and he provides great depth if lucious turns the ball over/ gets into foul trouble and also allows clyburn to stay at the 3 if fred wants him to.
    Yes, if I thought he would be the Bubu we saw in late 2011 but with over a year of additional development. As it is, I think Long plays before him if the game is close. He has only been practicing for a week.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 64,939, Level: 79
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,511
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,996
    Points
    64,939
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 10

    Re: return of Bubu

    I just posted this on another thread. It's kind of informative I would say.

    I compared Lucious' stats this year so far compared to Bubu's stats last year:

    Lucious' stats this year so far:

    30.9 mpg
    10.1 ppg
    5.5 apg
    3.8 topg
    1.8 rpg
    1.1 spg
    3.9 2 pt field goal attempts per game
    1.6 2 pt makes per game
    5.1 3 pt field goal attempts per game
    1.8 3 pt makes per game
    1.8 free throw attempts per game
    1.5 free throw makes per game


    Bubu's stats if he were to play 30.9 mpg:

    30.9 mpg
    9.0 ppg
    3.4 apg
    2.5 topg
    3.4 rpg
    .9 spg
    3.5 2 pt field goal attempts per game
    1.6 2 pt makes per game
    1.2 3 pt field goal attempts per game
    .5 3 pt makes per game
    6.3 free throw attempts per game
    4.2 free throw makes per game


    So yeah I would say Bubu would compare decently well to Lucious if he were to play the same amount of minutes as him. Bubu doesn't pass it as well, but he also takes care of the ball better. Bubu's points don't come from 3 pt range like Lucious' do. Bubu gets to the line much more than Lucious does though. Last year Bubu shot more free throws per minute than anyone on the team, including Royce. He also rebounds better than Lucious. I hope this paints a better picture for people of how Bubu might perform if he played more minutes. Also consider the fact that these were numbers from last season. With another year of experience this season his numbers might get even better by the time the 2013-14 season rolls around.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 9,743, Level: 29
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    821
    Points
    9,743
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 41

    Re: return of Bubu

    Quote Originally Posted by nallen34 View Post
    I just posted this on another thread. It's kind of informative I would say.

    I compared Lucious' stats this year so far compared to Bubu's stats last year:

    Lucious' stats this year so far:

    30.9 mpg
    10.1 ppg
    5.5 apg
    3.8 topg
    1.8 rpg
    1.1 spg
    3.9 2 pt field goal attempts per game
    1.6 2 pt makes per game
    5.1 3 pt field goal attempts per game
    1.8 3 pt makes per game
    1.8 free throw attempts per game
    1.5 free throw makes per game


    Bubu's stats if he were to play 30.9 mpg:

    30.9 mpg
    9.0 ppg
    3.4 apg
    2.5 topg
    3.4 rpg
    .9 spg
    3.5 2 pt field goal attempts per game
    1.6 2 pt makes per game
    1.2 3 pt field goal attempts per game
    .5 3 pt makes per game
    6.3 free throw attempts per game
    4.2 free throw makes per game


    So yeah I would say Bubu would compare decently well to Lucious if he were to play the same amount of minutes as him. Bubu doesn't pass it as well, but he also takes care of the ball better. Bubu's points don't come from 3 pt range like Lucious' do. Bubu gets to the line much more than Lucious does though. Last year Bubu shot more free throws per minute than anyone on the team, including Royce. He also rebounds better than Lucious. I hope this paints a better picture for people of how Bubu might perform if he played more minutes. Also consider the fact that these were numbers from last season. With another year of experience this season his numbers might get even better by the time the 2013-14 season rolls around.
    I agree that Bubu could be extremely useful I do feel that his numbers would drop off a bit if he did play 30+ min a game just because part of Bubu's game is that he can come in when other teams are a bit tired and he can take advantage of that. I hope he can come off the bench this year still to help this team with a little more depth.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 64,939, Level: 79
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,511
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,996
    Points
    64,939
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 10

    Re: return of Bubu

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydwinder View Post
    I agree that Bubu could be extremely useful I do feel that his numbers would drop off a bit if he did play 30+ min a game just because part of Bubu's game is that he can come in when other teams are a bit tired and he can take advantage of that. I hope he can come off the bench this year still to help this team with a little more depth.
    I agree completely.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 117,082, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocialOverdrive
    cmjh10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,285
    Points
    117,082
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,756
    Given: 2,747

    Re: return of Bubu

    His free throws could really help us. Give us someone who attacks and can get the other teams players in foul trouble.


    Naz Long, the Cowboy Killer

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 283,452, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,668
    Points
    283,452
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 27

    Re: return of Bubu

    It's nice to have him as an option off the bench but I don't see him playing more than 10 minutes a game.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 64,939, Level: 79
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,511
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,996
    Points
    64,939
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 10

    Re: return of Bubu

    Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    His free throws could really help us. Give us someone who attacks and can get the other teams players in foul trouble.
    Yes they could. Last year we averaged 22 free throws per game. This year 19 per game. I feel Bubu has been our missing piece this year. In 3 of our 4 losses this year Lucious didn't play well. Against Cincinnati he was 4-12 with 6 turnovers. Against UNLV remember he didn't even play PG, Clyburn did. Clyburn was 6-17 that game with 3 turnovers playing the point. Granted he had 21 points. Lucious was 2-9 that game with 0 assists against UNLV. Against Iowa Lucious was 3-13 with 7 turnovers.

    Anyways the two points that I'm trying to make is:

    1. Bubu can help us get to the line more and get other teams in foul trouble.

    2. If we would have had Bubu during against the teams we lost to he might have been able to come in and play better than Lucious did, which might have led to a couple more victories. I feel Bubu is the difference between a 15-2 and 13-4 record IMO.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 64,939, Level: 79
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,511
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,996
    Points
    64,939
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 10

    Re: return of Bubu

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    It's nice to have him as an option off the bench but I don't see him playing more than 10 minutes a game.
    He played 14 mpg as a freshman and 14 mpg as a sophomore. So now as a junior he is going to play 9 mpg?



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 283,452, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,668
    Points
    283,452
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 27

    Re: return of Bubu

    Where are his minutes coming from? Who's going to play less in order for him to get 15 minutes a game? That's a lot of minutes to take away from other players who are contributing at a high level right now.



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 4,730, Level: 20
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Stillwater, OK
    Posts
    461
    Points
    4,730
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 107

    Re: return of Bubu

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Where are his minutes coming from? Who's going to play less in order for him to get 15 minutes a game? That's a lot of minutes to take away from other players who are contributing at a high level right now.
    Gives Babb, Lucious, or McGee some rest while bringing in another high energy defender. I think Lucious will play both ends better with some more rest and it (maybe) cuts out some of the Clyburn PG stuff that's iffy at times.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 64,939, Level: 79
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,511
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Marshalltown, Iowa
    Posts
    1,996
    Points
    64,939
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 10

    Re: return of Bubu

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Where are his minutes coming from? Who's going to play less in order for him to get 15 minutes a game? That's a lot of minutes to take away from other players who are contributing at a high level right now.
    8 minutes from Clyburn playing the PG. Clyburn then in turn will replace those minutes at the PF in place of Bookers/Percys/Niangs/Ejims minutes. I think we will play smaller now since we can more. Then the other 5-7 minutes will be taken collectively from Babb/McGee/Lucious. Maybe put Lucious at some off guard. Maybe not play Babb 33 mpg. They aren't going to come from just one person specifically.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 283,452, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,668
    Points
    283,452
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 27

    Re: return of Bubu

    I seriously doubt Fred stops playing Clyburn at the one during portions of the game. He's gotten better at it as the seasons gone on and Fred loves the mismatch opportunities it presents. Just look at the last possession of the WVU game.

    I know it won't come from one person but I don't necessarily want Babb playing less or McGee. Bubu will help but I don't think he'll play that much, especially right when he comes back.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 193,368, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,945
    Points
    193,368
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 4

    Re: return of Bubu

    I think, and hope, the biggest contribution Bubu will make is to keep Will from having to play PG at all. He can concentrate on his forward position only, which should help the team.


    -Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM