Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 81
  1. #16
    All-Star
    Points: 33,956, Level: 56
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Fairfield
    Posts
    1,086
    Points
    33,956
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    Quote Originally Posted by cymate View Post
    No starzz
    is there an echo here?


    I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M FEELING 22!

  2. #17
    Pro
    Points: 48,117, Level: 67
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    im4cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    2,559
    Points
    48,117
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 239

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    Given how some of our recruits have been poached lately, trust the talent evaluation of the staff.



  3. #18
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 43,132, Level: 64
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    heitclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malvern, IA
    Posts
    4,506
    Points
    43,132
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 185

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Okie State has a bball player named Kamari as well.
    It's the new Robert.



  4. #19
    Addict
    Points: 186,724, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,533
    Points
    186,724
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 479
    Given: 221

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    Can we stop it with the sarcastic "no starz" rhetoric? It is not and never will be funny. The kid hasn't even been evaluated yet, it's not like he was rated 0 stars. He could end up with three and everyone would be sh*tting themselves in excitement.



  5. #20
    Mariner Moose
    Points: 59,917, Level: 75
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    no2cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    3,288
    Points
    59,917
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 558

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    Quote Originally Posted by TallKidIsTall View Post
    is there an echo here?



  6. #21
    Addict
    Points: 92,936, Level: 94
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Frak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dow City, IA
    Posts
    5,615
    Points
    92,936
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 35

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    Thought I read somewhere that he had some academic issues. I'm guessing he's cleared that up because the staff has been really good about getting kids on campus and qualified (or rather picking players that will qualify). That may be a reason for other BCS programs to back off too.



  7. #22
    Legend
    Points: 426,055, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    10,713
    Points
    426,055
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 153

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya


  8. #23
    Prospect
    Points: 977, Level: 8
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Points
    977
    Level
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    Quote Originally Posted by im4cyclones View Post
    Given how some of our recruits have been poached lately, trust the talent evaluation of the staff.
    While the staff has uncovered a few good ones like Suttles, the problem has been keeping them committed. The other concern is the large number of recruits that lack BCS offers. We are back to recruiting like we expect to get moved to the Mountain West.

    At this point staff feels KCM is the best of the leftovers.



  9. #24
    Addict
    Points: 186,724, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,533
    Points
    186,724
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 479
    Given: 221

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    Quote Originally Posted by thetruecyguy View Post
    While the staff has uncovered a few good ones like Suttles, the problem has been keeping them committed. The other concern is the large number of recruits that lack BCS offers. We are back to recruiting like we expect to get moved to the Mountain West.

    At this point staff feels KCM is the best of the leftovers.
    Most BCS schools get a lot of recruits that don't have a ton of other BCS offers, especially offers that Rivals can keep up with. I highly doubt we would be the only BCS team in the country to offer KCM, we are just the only team to offer him so far according to rivals.

    Although it is nice to see those offers and have a sense of security knowing that other teams want your recruits. And when it comes to keeping them committed, we have another 15 or so kids committed who haven't switched, so they must not be doing that bad of a job. That's just part of recruiting areas so far away from your school. Barnes was torn between a better opportunity in the Big 12 and playing close to home with his friend. ISU can't help that, it will never be close to home or have their hometown friends, except for extreme cases.



  10. #25
    Starter
    Points: 22,217, Level: 45
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    nickcyv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    976
    Points
    22,217
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Most BCS schools get a lot of recruits that don't have a ton of other BCS offers, especially offers that Rivals can keep up with. I highly doubt we would be the only BCS team in the country to offer KCM, we are just the only team to offer him so far according to rivals.

    Although it is nice to see those offers and have a sense of security knowing that other teams want your recruits. And when it comes to keeping them committed, we have another 15 or so kids committed who haven't switched, so they must not be doing that bad of a job. That's just part of recruiting areas so far away from your school. Barnes was torn between a better opportunity in the Big 12 and playing close to home with his friend. ISU can't help that, it will never be close to home or have their hometown friends, except for extreme cases.
    What evidence do we have that Cotton-Moya had any other BCS offers? A google search literally pulls up nothing of that nature. No visits to BCS schools, no articles, nothing at all. I just think that we might as well call a spade and spade and not pretend there are other mystery BCS schools we beat for this kid.



  11. #26
    Addict
    Points: 186,724, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,533
    Points
    186,724
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 479
    Given: 221

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    Quote Originally Posted by nickcyv View Post
    What evidence do we have that Cotton-Moya had any other BCS offers? A google search literally pulls up nothing of that nature. No visits to BCS schools, no articles, nothing at all. I just think that we might as well call a spade and spade and not pretend there are other mystery BCS schools we beat for this kid.
    You misread what I said. Just because he doesn't have a BCS offer, doesn't mean that in a different situation he wouldn't have one. If he was in Texas or Florida, maybe another school sees him and offers. I'd say any school in the middle of their conference has at least 5-10 recruits a year that have 3 or less reported BCS offers on Rivals. Just because only one BCS school offered a kid, doesn't mean that he is a MWC level player. I used to think ISU was the only school who took kids without other offers, but that is far from the truth.



  12. #27
    Starter
    Points: 8,325, Level: 27
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    wherever i go, there i am
    Posts
    659
    Points
    8,325
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 15

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Can we stop it with the sarcastic "no starz" rhetoric? It is not and never will be funny. The kid hasn't even been evaluated yet, it's not like he was rated 0 stars. He could end up with three and everyone would be sh*tting themselves in excitement.
    Must agree with you. It's the same guy (perhaps couple of guys) over and over. As funny as he thinks he is, it's just not so after the 10th time or so.



  13. #28
    Addict
    Points: 186,724, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,533
    Points
    186,724
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 479
    Given: 221

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    TCU has 18 committs right now, and 4 have no BCS offers other than TCU, and 3 have three or less other BCS offers. That's in the #38 class in the nation and at a school in the heart of the most heavily recruited state in the entire nation.

    That's the first school I checked



  14. #29
    Starter
    Points: 8,325, Level: 27
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    wherever i go, there i am
    Posts
    659
    Points
    8,325
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 15

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Most BCS schools get a lot of recruits that don't have a ton of other BCS offers, especially offers that Rivals can keep up with. I highly doubt we would be the only BCS team in the country to offer KCM, we are just the only team to offer him so far according to rivals.

    Although it is nice to see those offers and have a sense of security knowing that other teams want your recruits. And when it comes to keeping them committed, we have another 15 or so kids committed who haven't switched, so they must not be doing that bad of a job. That's just part of recruiting areas so far away from your school. Barnes was torn between a better opportunity in the Big 12 and playing close to home with his friend. ISU can't help that, it will never be close to home or have their hometown friends, except for extreme cases.

    And speaking of Barnes, he's not a done deal over at Houston...still on the fence at this point.



  15. #30
    Pro
    Points: 60,193, Level: 76
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,457
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    BigLame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western IA
    Posts
    2,655
    Points
    60,193
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 109

    Re: New football commit ? Kamari Cotton-Moya

    As State43's link showed, this fella put up 3600 yards of total offense at QB. Most was rushing, and the enrollment of his high school is 2000, so the competition level he faced exceeded the highest in Iowa. All told, this points to him being very athletic. If he was from Iowa most of you guys would be wetting yourselves.

    This is a solid get. I will gladly take recruits like this from a populated State like California or others. Only time will tell who will be the better player, Cotton-Moya or others.

    Welcome to Cyclone Nation, KCM


    “I heard that Snooki, Pauly D and The Situation will each make $5 million for this season’s ‘Jersey Shore.’ It just goes to show that if you put your mind to something and work hard, you’re wasting your time.” -- Jimmy Fallon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM