Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 27,573, Level: 51
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,077
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,696
    Points
    27,573
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 121

    Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    Naismith Student Section of the Year Award.

    https://www.facebook.com/ilovecolleg...85093751508025



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 76,423, Level: 85
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Messi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    667
    Points
    76,423
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 6

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    WHy should I vote for something that isn't true?



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 27,573, Level: 51
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,077
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,696
    Points
    27,573
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 121

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Messi View Post
    WHy should I vote for something that isn't true?
    Boooooooooooo



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 27,573, Level: 51
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,077
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,696
    Points
    27,573
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 121

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    Bump it



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 9,503, Level: 29
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 447
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    veryphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Siracusa, ITA/Ames, IA
    Posts
    387
    Points
    9,503
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Messi View Post
    WHy should I vote for something that isn't true?
    How to make friends and influence people

    Troll!!!!



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 162,150, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,705
    Points
    162,150
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 94

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    CAC!!!! THE BEST DAMN STUDENT SECTION IN DA LEAGUE!!!!!!



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 38,415, Level: 60
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    whirlybirds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, IA
    Posts
    2,118
    Points
    38,415
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 5

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Messi View Post
    WHy should I vote for something that isn't true?
    Don't be a ******.


    There are not many crowds or places in the country that have a better impact on the game than at Iowa State. The Cyclone fans are truly a sixth man. The place is so loud and always a fantastic crowd." - Former Kansas and current North Carolina head coach Roy Williams

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 47,966, Level: 67
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Bu4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    JTown, IA
    Posts
    2,389
    Points
    47,966
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 100

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    Isn't there already a thread on this?



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 314,531, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In a Bunker
    Posts
    14,661
    Points
    314,531
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 205
    Given: 36

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bu4ISU View Post
    Isn't there already a thread on this?
    Yes, and it got hammered.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 47,966, Level: 67
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Bu4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    JTown, IA
    Posts
    2,389
    Points
    47,966
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 100

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    Yes, and it got hammered.
    Lol saw that. It's only because I'm not in CA yet



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 43,505, Level: 64
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    heitclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malvern, IA
    Posts
    4,610
    Points
    43,505
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 250

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    Michigan State's student section just chanted "Stand Up" to get the old folks on their feet....and it worked! Tough to beat that.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 116,864, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,318
    Points
    116,864
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 315

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by heitclone View Post
    Michigan State's student section just chanted "Stand Up" to get the old folks on their feet....and it worked! Tough to beat that.

    Okay, I'll admit it. I'm old. But that isn't the only reason I don't stand up for the whole game. Haven't you noticed how much of a difference it makes when it goes from normal noise and intensity to a dramatically higher level of noise and intensity. That is Hilton Magic. The announcer's used to always talk about how intelligent the Iowa State fans were. We didn't just scream all the time, but we could sense what was happening in the game and acted accordingly. This drivel about needing to stand and scream the whole time actually works against my understanding of Hilton Magic. Hilton Magic isn't just the ferocious intensity that occurs at the end of games, but also the way that the fans come to the aid of the team when it is on a roll, needs to mount a comeback, or is in the process of turning the corner on the momentum of the game. If we were standing and screaming the whole time, you couldn't tell the difference. And if you can't tell the difference, then the fans really aren't elevating the players. It is like watching some of the players when they start waving the fans to cheer more. They recognize that there are times when dialing it up really makes a difference.

    End of old guy rant.



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 43,505, Level: 64
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    heitclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malvern, IA
    Posts
    4,610
    Points
    43,505
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 250

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    Okay, I'll admit it. I'm old. But that isn't the only reason I don't stand up for the whole game. Haven't you noticed how much of a difference it makes when it goes from normal noise and intensity to a dramatically higher level of noise and intensity. That is Hilton Magic. The announcer's used to always talk about how intelligent the Iowa State fans were. We didn't just scream all the time, but we could sense what was happening in the game and acted accordingly. This drivel about needing to stand and scream the whole time actually works against my understanding of Hilton Magic. Hilton Magic isn't just the ferocious intensity that occurs at the end of games, but also the way that the fans come to the aid of the team when it is on a roll, needs to mount a comeback, or is in the process of turning the corner on the momentum of the game. If we were standing and screaming the whole time, you couldn't tell the difference. And if you can't tell the difference, then the fans really aren't elevating the players. It is like watching some of the players when they start waving the fans to cheer more. They recognize that there are times when dialing it up really makes a difference.

    End of old guy rant.
    Haha...not aimed at anyone. This was a one possession ballgame with a minute to go against the #11 team in the nation. Actually kind of sad that not everyone would be on the feet at that moment anyway. Just a neat thing I've never seen before.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 116,864, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,318
    Points
    116,864
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 315

    Re: Vote for ISU for Student Section of the Year!!

    Quote Originally Posted by heitclone View Post
    Haha...not aimed at anyone. This was a one possession ballgame with a minute to go against the #11 team in the nation. Actually kind of sad that not everyone would be on the feet at that moment anyway. Just a neat thing I've never seen before.

    What game? I'm not defending someone sitting down in that situation. I would expect even the blue-est of blue hairs to be on their feet and screaming at a moment like that.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM