Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Vroom Vroom Time to fire up the CF voting machine

It actually sounds like CA has made some ok changes in the last few years. I would always have to sit in the upper deck because I didn't want to buy a shirt. The section was always only half full down there so I got mad. Glad they let not CA people sit with the students in the lower level now.

Smoke um if you got um

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    Well I only text during timeouts/halftime, but I can see what you mean. But I'm sure it would've been a problem 20 years ago as well if texting was a thing back then.

I don't think Cyclone Alley is the issue.

People still get drunk, they just aren't as rowdy. If we want Hilton to be rocking (because, of course, it hasn't been since you old timers left school [see: Kansas 2011, Kansas, 2012, Baylor 2012]) then we have to eliminate the police.

But in all seriousness, you can't blame CA for ruining the student section. You have to blame ****** teams from Mac and Morgan. You can not deny that last years CA was better than 2010-2011's CA.

Why? Because the talent of the team was better. We weren't in the *******. We had something to cheer about. And yes, I cheer 100% of the time, but there are people that will only cheer when we are winning.
    I can absolutely blame CA. A few years of ****** basketball didn't help, but CA played it's own roll in the decline of our student section. I was a student during the transition. I started school prior to CA. For a time, they split it with one end being general students and one end being CA. Finally it went all CA. I think there are a lot of people on this board that were students at this time and will back me up on this. During the time when the student section was divided, the general student section was always better attended, rowdier, and more into the game. You can't blame that on the team, or recent history, or changing student demographics or anything else, because those were all equal. It was a perfect experiment with a control group and a group with one changed variable.

CA was then expanded to the entire student section and it brought its stench along with it. And as others have pointed out, it has now been around for years so that students are learning how to be students in the student section from CA. Nobody is around that knows any different. You can lift the shirt rule and whatever, but the fact of the matter is that CA is an organization that brings some sort of structure to a place where the ultimate goal is closer to chaos.

Yes, CA isn't the only cause of the problem, but that doesn't mean it isn't guilty. And the best part is, as opposed to rebuilding the team and reestablishing a winning tradition, the CA problem can be fixed overnight.

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

Would CA allow the kinds of signs and chants that we had for Pierre Pierce?

Legend
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 281

Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post
    I can absolutely blame CA. A few years of ****** basketball didn't help, but CA played it's own roll in the decline of our student section. I was a student during the transition. I started school prior to CA. For a time, they split it with one end being general students and one end being CA. Finally it went all CA. I think there are a lot of people on this board that were students at this time and will back me up on this. During the time when the student section was divided, the general student section was always better attended, rowdier, and more into the game. You can't blame that on the team, or recent history, or changing student demographics or anything else, because those were all equal. It was a perfect experiment with a control group and a group with one changed variable.

CA was then expanded to the entire student section and it brought its stench along with it. And as others have pointed out, it has now been around for years so that students are learning how to be students in the student section from CA. Nobody is around that knows any different. You can lift the shirt rule and whatever, but the fact of the matter is that CA is an organization that brings some sort of structure to a place where the ultimate goal is closer to chaos.

Yes, CA isn't the only cause of the problem, but that doesn't mean it isn't guilty. And the best part is, as opposed to rebuilding the team and reestablishing a winning tradition, the CA problem can be fixed overnight.
    Does anybody remember when CA started? I can't.

Last edited by Doc; 01-18-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by aeroclone View Post

This is absolutely dead on.

'03-04 and '04-05 were the years where there was CA and non-CA and non-CA was always the rowdier of the two sections.

But hey, like IcSyU says, no one makes you do anything, so CA is irrelevant in this equation.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

KFitzy87

All-Star
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

I think we just need to infiltrate CAC with rowdy drunks, turn it from the inside.

"Day after day, situation after situation you do things the right way. If you do things the right way, in life, you are going to be successful. I'm not just your football coach; I'm not just here to win games. I could not be prouder of who we are and who we are becoming, together. You do things right in the classroom, off and on the field; that's whats's makes us Cyclones and that's what our culture's all about."
    -Paul Rhoads

Legend
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BigM View Post
    I think we just need to infiltrate CAC with rowdy drunks, turn it from the inside.
    This makes no sense.

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 26

Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    This makes no sense.
    ...which is why it should be right up your alley!

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by KFitzy87 View Post
    Back in my day the student section wasn't awesome. I did not participate in any lame *** CA stuff me and my buddies choose to smuggle in beers and have fun in the upper deck. In 03-05 we would sit in an a basically dead upper deck because we were not members of the CA. Funny thing was they had open seats all time. Oh well I ended up meeting my wife after the Ku game in 04 at the Fox. Which doesn't exist anymore.All in all I still win and now have a daughter with the lady I meet at the fox.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CtownCyclone View Post
    ...which is why it should be right up your alley!
    Honestly your right.

All-Star
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

I mean change the CAC from the inside instead of promoting co-ordinated signs and **** promote general rowdyness and chaos.

"Day after day, situation after situation you do things the right way. If you do things the right way, in life, you are going to be successful. I'm not just your football coach; I'm not just here to win games. I could not be prouder of who we are and who we are becoming, together. You do things right in the classroom, off and on the field; that's whats's makes us Cyclones and that's what our culture's all about."
    -Paul Rhoads