Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 182

Re: Sounds like Miami has said they would come to Big 12 if invitation was made and t

Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    I'd say it would be embarrassing to hear ISU fans say Miami doesn't add enough to a football driven athletic conference...if anyone but ISU fans were reading this anyway. We don't even need to get into things like academic reputation, market footprints, recruiting.
    I'd say this response's lack of logic is rather embarrassing. Realignment discussion would only be able to be done by UT fans.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,016
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 1

Re: Sounds like Miami has said they would come to Big 12 if invitation was made and t

I

Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    Seriously, 3 more pages of comments and no response to this post. It is the most reasonable consideration of the topic yet.
    I agree, miami is a top 40 top school and I think academic reputation is what has kept FSU from taking the leap. Faculty dissent can weigh heavely on a president. Big ten is building a money machine and building on their academic brand. Louisville is not a solid academic school,tcu is much stronger. We need to look for the schools that have strong academics and strong football brand and miami has both.

Addict
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 534
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 21

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsTournament View Post
    And Big 12 will be over $30m a year in 2014. ND is not joining fulltime. You are dreaming if you think that will happen. And I also see that you completely ignored my post on the GOR.
    This, if anything, this year proved ND doesn't need a conference. It buys them another 10 years at least. And if they get into the play-off when it comes around, add more years. I don't see how anyone would think ND is going to join the ACC full time in 4 years. As long as ND is an independent, there will always be a provision for independent teams to make it in. Until ND gets shut out of a playoff, because they weren't in a conference, they will never join a conference. And as long as ND is independent, there will always be a provision to get that team in.