Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: TV for WVU/ISU

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 190,916, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,798
    Points
    190,916
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 3

    TV for WVU/ISU

    This game will be broadcast on ESPN2. It will not be available live on Cyclones.tv, although it will probably be available as a replay a day or two later.

    As of now, the game is also available on ESPN3.com (ESPNgo.com) and it does not appear to be subject to any blackouts. Of course, that could probably change.

    Just thought I would post this since it seems every game someone asks how to watch the game.


    -Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 43,612, Level: 64
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,159
    Points
    43,612
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 740

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    Thanks, I was just thinking of looking it up.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,586, Level: 95
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,954
    Points
    93,586
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    I would rather watch on my iPad. Is there a way to link from my TV and ESPN2 directly to my iPod?





    :)



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 26,795, Level: 50
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,602
    Points
    26,795
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 87

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by Dryburn View Post
    This game will be broadcast on ESPN2. It will not be available live on Cyclones.tv, although it will probably be available as a replay a day or two later.

    As of now, the game is also available on ESPN3.com (ESPNgo.com) and it does not appear to be subject to any blackouts. Of course, that could probably change.

    Just thought I would post this since it seems every game someone asks how to watch the game.
    False, the game WILL NOT be available on ESPN3 as it is blacked out for the continental U.S. and will be for the rest of our ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU games this year (for people in Iowa). ESPN3's blackouts for broadcasting ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU games now is simple and based on the local time of games you are watching it in. On weekdays, if the game starts before 6pm in your local time zone, you'll be able to watch it, if not, you'll be blacked out. On the weekends, if the game starts before noon, you'll be able to watch it, if not, you'll be blacked out. If you look at our future schedule and the ESPN3 website, you'll see that I'm correct and that all the rest of our games don't fit in that time window and are therefore blacked out (for Iowa people at least). Again, this is only for ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU games on ESPN3 as ALL the Big 12 Network games will be available on ESPN3.

    It was around September of last year that I remember them switching to the more restricted blackout schedule for games. It really sucks that they've done this as I really relied on ESPN3 and it is a fraction now of what it used to be.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 164,346, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    CLONECONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    7,185
    Points
    164,346
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 5

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    It's on WatchESPN, not espn3




    Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 26,795, Level: 50
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,602
    Points
    26,795
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 87

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by CLONECONES View Post
    It's on WatchESPN, not espn3
    You are correct. Of course that is if you are one of the few blessed people in the U.S. who even have WatchESPN access. If you aren't sure if you do, most likely you don't.



  7. #7
    Recruit
    Points: 3,466, Level: 17
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    118
    Points
    3,466
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    So are there any streams to watch it?



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 90,697, Level: 93
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,442
    Points
    90,697
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 201

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    Why can't there just be channels that show games that everybody gets? You know, wanna watch this game is cahnnel 1, that game channel 2, etc. How hard would that be?

    In practice: easy as pie. In reality: next to impossible.


    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.


  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 45,379, Level: 65
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,384
    Points
    45,379
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    Iowa State's game gets the opening act before the Australian Open on ESPN2!!!!!



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 26,795, Level: 50
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,602
    Points
    26,795
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 87

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by nowncarolina View Post
    So are there any streams to watch it?
    If you are one of the few who have WatchESPN access, then you can stream it through the ESPN3/WatchESPN access. However, since you probably don't, I'm sure it will be available on the usual pirated websites like firstrowsports.com.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 190,916, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,798
    Points
    190,916
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 3

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermv View Post
    False, the game WILL NOT be available on ESPN3 as it is blacked out for the continental U.S. and will be for the rest of our ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU games this year (for people in Iowa). ESPN3's blackouts for broadcasting ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU games now is simple and based on the local time of games you are watching it in. On weekdays, if the game starts before 6pm in your local time zone, you'll be able to watch it, if not, you'll be blacked out. On the weekends, if the game starts before noon, you'll be able to watch it, if not, you'll be blacked out. If you look at our future schedule and the ESPN3 website, you'll see that I'm correct and that all the rest of our games don't fit in that time window and are therefore blacked out (for Iowa people at least). Again, this is only for ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU games on ESPN3 as ALL the Big 12 Network games will be available on ESPN3.

    It was around September of last year that I remember them switching to the more restricted blackout schedule for games. It really sucks that they've done this as I really relied on ESPN3 and it is a fraction now of what it used to be.
    First of all, when I posted this.......I was going by this tweet from ISU MBB:
    Cyclone Basketball@CycloneMBB The Iowa State-West Virginia game is on ESPN2. Here is the ESPN3 link. #cyclones http://fb.me/2rwn62gKQ

    Then, to be sure, I went to ESPN3.com/ESPNgo.com/watchESPN index, or whatever you prefer to call it to check that the game was not blacked out. At the time I looked.....it wasn't. That is why I put the comment about it was probably subject to change, which obviously it did.


    -Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 26,795, Level: 50
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,602
    Points
    26,795
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 87

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by Dryburn View Post
    First of all, when I posted this.......I was going by this tweet from ISU MBB:
    Cyclone Basketball@CycloneMBB The Iowa State-West Virginia game is on ESPN2. Here is the ESPN3 link. #cyclones http://fb.me/2rwn62gKQ

    Then, to be sure, I went to ESPN3.com/ESPNgo.com/watchESPN index, or whatever you prefer to call it to check that the game was not blacked out. At the time I looked.....it wasn't. That is why I put the comment about it was probably subject to change, which obviously it did.
    Yeah, I know it is confusing. I wish it wasn't that way. At least now they have some logic behind stuff (even if it sucks for us) rather than in years pass where it was sometimes a crapshoot on whether or not a game would be available on ESPN3, especially with the ESPNU games. However, if you follow my time schedule rules I load out above for games in the future, you won't go wrong. Also, for this year, I've searched everything out, so ONLY the Big 12 Network games will be available to all on ESPN3 (providing you have ESPN3 access).



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 390,371, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    56,881
    Points
    390,371
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 284
    Given: 245

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    Information About WatchESPN
    WatchESPN FAQ
    Bright House Networks
    Website: www.brighthouse.com

    Bright House Networks (Xbox)
    Website: www.brighthouse.com

    Cablevision - Optimum
    Website: Optimum Online

    Comcast XFINITY
    Website: www.comcast.net

    Cox
    Website: Welcome - Please Select Your Service Area | Cox Communications

    Midcontinent Communications
    Website: www.midcocomm.com

    Time Warner Cable
    Phone: [IMG]chrome://skype_ff_extension/skin/numbers_button_skype_logo.png[/IMG]1-800-TWCABLE
    Website: www.timewarnercable.com/contact

    Time Warner Cable (Xbox)
    Phone: [IMG]chrome://skype_ff_extension/skin/numbers_button_skype_logo.png[/IMG]1-800-TWCABLE
    Website: www.timewarnercable.com/contact

    Verizon FIOS
    Phone: [IMG]chrome://skype_ff_extension/skin/numbers_button_skype_logo.png[/IMG](800) 742 5375
    Website: www.verizon.com


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 164,346, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassSocial
    CLONECONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    RVA
    Posts
    7,185
    Points
    164,346
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 5

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    moving in 2 weeks and will lose my brighthouse cable

    :( it's going to be a sad day.




    Self proclaimed 2012 CF Newcomer of the Year

  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 325,396, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    14,351
    Points
    325,396
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 466
    Given: 941

    Re: TV for WVU/ISU

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Information About WatchESPN
    WatchESPN FAQ
    Bright House Networks
    Website: www.brighthouse.com

    Bright House Networks (Xbox)
    Website: www.brighthouse.com

    Cablevision - Optimum
    Website: Optimum Online

    Comcast XFINITY
    Website: www.comcast.net

    Cox
    Website: Welcome - Please Select Your Service Area | Cox Communications

    Midcontinent Communications
    Website: www.midcocomm.com

    Time Warner Cable
    Phone: [IMG]chrome://skype_ff_extension/skin/numbers_button_skype_logo.png[/IMG]1-800-TWCABLE
    Website: www.timewarnercable.com/contact

    Time Warner Cable (Xbox)
    Phone: [IMG]chrome://skype_ff_extension/skin/numbers_button_skype_logo.png[/IMG]1-800-TWCABLE
    Website: www.timewarnercable.com/contact

    Verizon FIOS
    Phone: [IMG]chrome://skype_ff_extension/skin/numbers_button_skype_logo.png[/IMG](800) 742 5375
    Website: www.verizon.com
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keep-calm-because-i-am-not-a-robot.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	17608



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM