Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 5

Re: Bubu reinstated

I didn't see anywhere, but a little curious, what happened to the other guy? Did he get off on all charges, too?

There are not many crowds or places in the country that have a better impact on the game than at Iowa State. The Cyclone fans are truly a sixth man. The place is so loud and always a fantastic crowd." - Former Kansas and current North Carolina head coach Roy Williams

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 925

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonefan89 View Post
    CyDude16 ITT seems like a stuck up ******.
    Would he get offended if he saw someones underwear in public?
    Bubu has known both the other defendant, and the accuser since high school. Would you leave your long time friend (what ive heard) because he did a federal crime? And would hanging out with him be any indication of committing federal crimes?
    Bubu and his family have always been upstanding people, and the evidence just disproved the plaintiff's timeline.
    She brought in a blouse she supposedly lost and "found" it at her mothers house 6 months later.
    The only thing I see fishy in this case is the girl who is pressing charges
    Thanks, you're too kind..

I guess you can just focus on that part of my post. I also said he should have thought about his actions more thoroughly and not get himself in a situation that can be misconstrued the way it has been. Because it will now follow him for awhile, whether he did or didn't. The stigma is still there.

But hey continue on with your posting!

Starter
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by whirlybirds View Post
    I didn't see anywhere, but a little curious, what happened to the other guy? Did he get off on all charges, too?
    I believe so

Starter
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    That is as bad as the contention that "women should learn to not wear clothing that could provoke an attack".
    A male has sex and regrets it, nothing, some even feel it is not possible. A female has sex and regrets it, and too many in soceity accepts this as rape until proven otherwise. This viewpoint deserves blame for this situation, not the act of having sex with multiple partners or having sex at somewhere other than your place.
    I put regret in quotes because I'm not talking about situations where the woman is all down to have sex and then regrets it. As that is clearly not rape and is wrong for the woman to pursue anything. I think there are many cases where people try to label it as regret but the male originally put the woman in an uncomfortable/dangerous situation and then coerced her into consenting. It may not be rape but I still consider it wrong/immoral even if not illegal. There's obviously a grey area and I'm not really even talking about the Bubu case because we don't know the specifics. Just saying that in my opinion, just because it's not rape doesn't always make it ok.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 468
    Given: 641

Quote Originally Posted by LivntheCyLife View Post
    I put regret in quotes because I'm not talking about situations where the woman is all down to have sex and then regrets it. As that is clearly not rape and is wrong for the woman to pursue anything. I think there are many cases where people try to label it as regret but the male originally put the woman in an uncomfortable/dangerous situation and then coerced her into consenting. It may not be rape but I still consider it wrong/immoral even if not illegal. There's obviously a grey area and I'm not really even talking about the Bubu case because we don't know the specifics. Just saying that in my opinion, just because it's not rape doesn't always make it ok.
    You absolutely were talking about Bubu in that context.
    It is a sad commentary on society's bias that you post this "we do not know the specifics" (in other words "it still could be rape") in a discussion about Bubu, when it is the woman who was coercing, deceiving, and lying. I am sure there is regret by the victim- that being Bubu- about having sex with someone who ends up falsifying the situation. Men and women can both be coerced into having sex, the former serving only as material for jokes, the latter considered rape due to one gender on having more muscle mass on average.

Starter
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

This thread has probably run its course, but I'll try to just restate my original position one more time. I don't believe college male athletes have to choose between being celibate or having a high risk of sexual assault charges. I'm happy Bubu gets to move on with his life and appears to have not raped the woman. But I also hope he has learned his lesson and him and other college-aged males will learn to make better choices in the future.