Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 126

Thread: Bubu reinstated

  1. #16
    Speechless
    Points: 651,043, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,520
    Points
    651,043
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,074
    Given: 226

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    That was pretty much my goal in seeking higher education.
    Didn't you fail out with like a 0.0, Blutarsky?



  2. #17
    Pro
    Points: 123,228, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    IowaStateClones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,157
    Points
    123,228
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 49

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Tredici View Post
    Sorry I didn't follow the case as deeply as you. Something about the whole situation just seems fishy.
    ****** of the day award goes to^^^



  3. #18
    Starter
    Points: 11,406, Level: 32
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    639
    Points
    11,406
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 4

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    ...based on what? Keep in mind, you've already admitted that you didn't follow the situation.
    I followed it enough to know that the situation isn't a good one. There was no trial, because evidence tampering. Doesn't mean that something didn't happen. He was hanging around with a shady character, picked up a girl... and the rest no one knows. I wish it would have went to trial before I make my judgement of "he's free! ISU basketball!!!!". People are way too quick to just say "good for him".



  4. #19
    Speechless
    Points: 736,494, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,926
    Points
    736,494
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 733

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    Didn't you fail out with like a 0.0, Blutarsky?
    Yes, but what's your point? I may have had a low score, but I had no problems scoring!



  5. #20
    Speechless
    Points: 869,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,466
    Points
    869,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,152
    Given: 1,794

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Yes, but what's your point? I may have had a low score, but I had no problems scoring!
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think that renting videos counts.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  6. #21
    Speechless
    Points: 736,494, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,926
    Points
    736,494
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 733

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think that renting videos counts.
    Ha ha..... I was rocking the mullet back then. The girls didn't stand a chance. Too bad it ran me out of hair



  7. #22
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,184, Level: 76
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,939
    Points
    61,184
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 4

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Good, hopefully this doesn't foul him around his entire life.



  8. #23
    Addict
    Points: 215,174, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MLawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,669
    Points
    215,174
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 385
    Given: 126

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Ha ha..... I was rocking the mullet back then. The girls didn't stand a chance. Too bad it ran me out of hair
    Either that or the hair kept migrating south...



  9. #24
    Addict
    Points: 163,772, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,066
    Points
    163,772
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 74

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Tredici View Post
    I followed it enough to know that the situation isn't a good one. There was no trial, because evidence tampering. Doesn't mean that something didn't happen. He was hanging around with a shady character, picked up a girl... and the rest no one knows. I wish it would have went to trial before I make my judgement of "he's free! ISU basketball!!!!". People are way too quick to just say "good for him".
    Bubu knew this girl from high school and had a previous sexual relationship with her. She was drunk and sent him a text for a ride home. I wish people would stop assuming that all girls are innocent and wouldn't engage in any "sexual acts".

    Educate yourself before you continue to make yourself look stupid.
    Dismissal sought in sex assault case | Ames Tribune


    Last edited by GMackey32; 01-14-2013 at 09:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

  10. #25
    Addict
    Points: 151,440, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    theantiAIRBHG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hiawatha, IA
    Posts
    8,190
    Points
    151,440
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 997
    Given: 945

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Tredici is gonna need some new shoes for all the back peddling he's gonna do in this thread..



    Follow me on Twitter: @theantiAIRBHG

  11. #26
    Rookie
    Points: 21,668, Level: 45
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    572
    Points
    21,668
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 107

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Tredici View Post
    I am so unsure about this. Sure Bubu was cleared, but I think this brings on just bad press. I was a college student recently, and no one with good intentions picks up a college girl in his car that he doesn't know.
    Um, that's about all I did in college, just not necessarily in my car! And who the hell says he has to have good intentions? Maybe she didn't have good intentions! It's college.... Hey, we're all gonna get laid!



  12. #27
    All-Star
    Points: 14,607, Level: 36
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    MilehighClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,064
    Points
    14,607
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 2

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Way to go Matt! 507 Welch......



  13. #28
    Speechless
    Points: 213,757, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,839
    Points
    213,757
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 668
    Given: 385

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Tredici View Post
    I followed it enough to know that the situation isn't a good one. There was no trial, because evidence tampering. Doesn't mean that something didn't happen. He was hanging around with a shady character, picked up a girl... and the rest no one knows. I wish it would have went to trial before I make my judgement of "he's free! ISU basketball!!!!". People are way too quick to just say "good for him".
    For most of us, some of our best memories of college involve hanging out with shady characters and picking up girls.

    Regarding the bolded statmeent: do you realize why some cases don't go to trial? Because it is clear there is not sufficient evidence that the defendant is guilty. Plenty of rape trials go forward on a "he said, she said basis" so if they drop one before trial then the authorities probably feel the plaintiff is innocent.



  14. #29
    All-Star
    Points: 27,370, Level: 50
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,232
    Points
    27,370
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by GMackey32 View Post
    Bubu knew this girl from high school and had a previous sexual relationship with her. She was drunk and sent him a text for a ride home. I wish people would stop assuming that all girls are innocent and wouldn't engage in any "sexual acts".

    Educate yourself before you continue to make yourself look stupid.
    Dismissal sought in sex assault case | Ames Tribune
    Look, I know who the girl was and she was pretty specific about what happened with her friends, and there really wasn't any question in her mind what happened. At this point, I say we all just say ok, happy for Bubu this is over for him, and we just go on our way.



  15. #30
    All-Star
    Points: 38,302, Level: 60
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 748
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISU_phoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    1,884
    Points
    38,302
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 2

    Re: Bubu reinstated

    It's good to have you back, Bubu.....looking forward to see you out on the court soon.

    I didn't follow your case closely, but hopefully you've learned to steer clear of situations that have potential to go bad quickly.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM