View Poll Results: Who is wathcing the Armstrong/Oprah interview?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 25.00%
  • No

54 75.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 124

Re: Who is watching the Lance Armstrong interview with Oprah?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    well put.
    And the "well, he cheated in a sport where everyone was cheating, and still won" argument is stupid as well. People act like that's some kind of exoneration, and that his wins still mean something. All it really means is that he cheated better than anyone else. Woo hoo.
    He did make America feel proud for a few years when he won after beating cancer. He was still pushing the bike up the hill. Too bad it was all destroyed in the end. Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, and Sammy Sosa all over again.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 326
    Given: 21

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    He did make America feel proud for a few years when he won after beating cancer. He was still pushing the bike up the hill. Too bad it was all destroyed in the end. Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, and Sammy Sosa all over again.
    What about the accounts that he was using PED's prior to having been diagnosed with cancer? His whole athletic career is slime, now.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Pro
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 777
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

I honestly don't care that Lance doped. It's actually kind of funny that there is this public outcry about him using PED's when the nation's most popular sport is the NFL. The truly despicable part about all of this is the number of years he's spent threatening and bullying those who have done nothing but tell the truth apparently. Lance made all of the money, got all of the popularity, but he still felt the need to publicly trash any person that showed the slightest inclination of spilling the beans. He's a first class, narcissistic, d-waffle in my book.

Pro
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 46

The funny thing is that Lang Armstrong is the last to finally admit that he did it. We all knew before

Recruit
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by kberyldial View Post
    I beg to differ. This isn't about cheating or doping or cycling or Livestrong. Yes he did what everyone else in cycling did or does - dope to win. Yes he formed an organization that has raised oodles of money for a good cause. But the things he did, the lives he's ruined in his attempts to deny and cover up his cheating by definition makes him a son of a *****. He is nothing more than a bully that left dozens of people in his wake. The money and fame he used to bury or attempt to bury those that stood up and told the truth is sickening. Now he'll sit on a couch and answer powder puff questions in an attempt to do what he's always done - manipulate and connive. He won't apologize to the people he's intentionally harmed. He'll simply show remorse for hurting his image, his foundation and his legacy - which isn't an apology at all.
    Exactally right. He is a liar, cheat and a thief. The only thing he is sorry for is getting caught. He has wasted our time enough, allready and he just needs to go away. I'm sure his next thing is to write a woo-is-me book. He will not profit off of me.

Legend
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 125

I lied, I'm watching it. Come on Oprah, it's 2013 let's try to get this in HD

Legend
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 125

He's being more candid than I thought he would. He pretty much admits that he's a dick.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

I have said Lance prepared in every way for his sport better than anyone else. That means all the working out, course studying and recruiting the best team mates, participating in developing the best equipment it stands to reason he found better ways to use PEDs and not get caught. It really doesn't botther me. He's not a god, he's a man, there is forgiveness.

What does bother me is the enourmous amount of resources spent to catch him. Some of the complaints in the forum are how horribly he treated individuals that had been team mates. Those former team mates participated for thier own benifit then got in trouble and turned evidence on him. With the exception of Hincapie, they were all willing to take down Lance to save thier own butts. If they wanted to stay clean they should have made that decision instead of benifitting from Lance's.

When Hincapie was intervied last year he put it this way, (paraphrased) If you wanted to make a team you had to dope. It wasn't even a matter of winning or losing it was getting to race or not getting to race.

So, when will we know that bike racing is actually cleanned up? When the speed of the race comes down closer to what it was early 80's, 34-37 kph. If you notice the speeds haven't dropped yet. Despite all the persecutions it is still going just as fast. Tour de France Stats: Winners And Average Speeds

Starter
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wally86 View Post
    So, when will we know that bike racing is actually cleanned up? When the speed of the race comes down closer to what it was early 80's, 34-37 kph. If you notice the speeds haven't dropped yet. Despite all the persecutions it is still going just as fast. Tour de France Stats: Winners And Average Speeds
    I am not sure I buy that training, nutrition, bikes have all gotten better.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 56

I have said Lance prepared in every way for his sport better than anyone else. That means all the working out, course studying and recruiting the best team mates, participating in developing the best equipment it stands to reason he found better ways to use PEDs and not get caught. It really doesn't botther me. He's not a god, he's a man, there is forgiveness.

What does bother me is the enourmous amount of resources spent to catch him. Some of the complaints in the forum are how horribly he treated individuals that had been team mates. Those former team mates participated for thier own benifit then got in trouble and turned evidence on him. With the exception of Hincapie, they were all willing to take down Lance to save thier own butts. If they wanted to stay clean they should have made that decision instead of benifitting from Lance's.

When Hincapie was intervied last year he put it this way, (paraphrased) If you wanted to make a team you had to dope. It wasn't even a matter of winning or losing it was getting to race or not getting to race.

Here's a very good article that puts a bit of perspective on the Tour de France:

Opinion: Lance one of many Tour de France cheaters

Addict
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1

He was the king among cheaters on the Tour, and I don't necessarily have a grudge for that, but the way he cloaked himself with his disease to trash people I certainly do.

I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

Pro
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21

I watched the first several minutes and after he admitted to doping in all races with all substances I lost interest.

Prospect
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

[QUOTE=Mr Janny;3252295]How many people did he throw under the bus, as there accusations came out over the years? He's a scumbag who parlayed his scumbaggery into personal fame and fortune. Livestrong is a good cause, it's true, but scumbags can do good things. They're still scumbags, though.

THIS ! +
    Also, if he is so contrite and wanting to make it all OK now - then once he repays all those "little people" he tortured through lawyers and other intimidation over the years, and repays the funds from libel case he filed and won, then he can donate the rest of his $100 million from endorsements. etc. of his his ill-gotten-gains to charity. Then I might think he is sorry. Otherwise, it is just more of the same from a guy who is really only sorry about getting caught.

Hmmmm . . . . . . you mean something like a Totally Awesome Cyclone Machine http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...e-machine.html (Totally Awesome Cyclone Machine)

All-Star
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Um, they wouldn't have had to spend the ungodly amounts of time and money on the witch hunt if he wouldn't have lied to the world for 16 years. Whats your opinion of the government going after guys like Al Capone, Sammy the Bull, or any other mobster that was evading justice and racketeering? They also gave lots of money to charity.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not dude?

Follow me unplugged on twitter @fatkid1974

All-Star
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by ISUKyro View Post
    If a gun points out of her lady parts then I'll just be sure to catch the highlights on youtube. Anything less than that and no on watching Oprah.
    Oprah's minge, one of my favorite episodes.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not dude?

Follow me unplugged on twitter @fatkid1974