Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 116
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 175,375, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    9,110
    Points
    175,375
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 59

    Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    The cast has been announced. Here's the link:

    'Survivor': Meet 'Caramoan' Cast! | Photo 1 of 21 | EW.com


    I remember all the "favorites" except Corrinne and Francesca, but I'm not sure I'd classify most of them as favorites. Seriously, that's a pretty weak lineup of returning players.

    As for the new players, Hope Driskill...holy cow. Actually, all the new women are pretty attractive. Well done on that front Survivor producers. Shamar looks like he'll be really tough in challenges. Just going off pictures and bios I think the fans will wipe the floor with the favorites.

    My guess for first person voted out will be Sherri or Michael from the fans or Phil Shepard/ Corinne from the favorites.

    My way too early guess at who will win is Eddie Fox. I think the fans will have the numbers going to the merge. He looks like a guy who will be good at challenges but not so good that people will be gunning for him.



  2. #2
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 227,191, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    16,205
    Points
    227,191
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 425
    Given: 336

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    I think between Cochran, Malcom, Phillip, and Brenda, you have a good combo of returning players. Malcom might be in trouble as he will be perceived as a threat.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 207,997, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MLawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,411
    Points
    207,997
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 229
    Given: 89

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    And Special Agent Shepard brought back his pink undies, nice.



  4. #4
    KFitzy87
    Guest

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    Holy ****... Michael Snow looks nearly identical to David Cross from Men in Black 2 lol






  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 61,224, Level: 76
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,649
    Points
    61,224
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 123

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    Looks like they went with a lot of hotties, too. Miss Missouri 2011 especially.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 175,375, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    9,110
    Points
    175,375
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 59

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    Quote Originally Posted by mj4cy View Post
    I think between Cochran, Malcom, Phillip, and Brenda, you have a good combo of returning players. Malcom might be in trouble as he will be perceived as a threat.
    Phillip was a terrible player. The only reason Rob brought him as far as he did was because nobody liked him so they wouldn't give him a million dollars. Cochran is so terrible at any challenge that isn't a puzzle that he's a liability. I can't even remember Corinne and Francesca. Brandon Hantz is a lunatic and a bad player.

    For TV purposes I understand why they brought players like Phillip and Brandon back. I'd have rather seen a guy like Matt from redemption island (the guy was Boston Rob blindsided twice but was amazing in the redemption island challenges), Stephen Fishback from Tocantins (runner up, teamed with JT and basically ran the show), Brett Clauser from Somoa (last member standing from his original tribe in Russell Hantz's first season), Chelsea, Tarzan, Troyzan, or Kat from One World.

    Instead we get someone who was voted off first. FIRST! (Francesca)

    I like Andrea, Malcolm, Erik, Brenda, and Dawn as all around players but I think that team will be in big trouble in any challenge that involves physical activity.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 95,213, Level: 96
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,837
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUChippewa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,108
    Points
    95,213
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 97

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    The cast has been announced. Here's the link:

    'Survivor': Meet 'Caramoan' Cast! | Photo 1 of 21 | EW.com


    I remember all the "favorites" except Corrinne and Francesca, but I'm not sure I'd classify most of them as favorites. Seriously, that's a pretty weak lineup of returning players.

    As for the new players, Hope Driskill...holy cow. Actually, all the new women are pretty attractive. Well done on that front Survivor producers. Shamar looks like he'll be really tough in challenges. Just going off pictures and bios I think the fans will wipe the floor with the favorites.

    My guess for first person voted out will be Sherri or Michael from the fans or Phil Shepard/ Corinne from the favorites.

    My way too early guess at who will win is Eddie Fox. I think the fans will have the numbers going to the merge. He looks like a guy who will be good at challenges but not so good that people will be gunning for him.
    Corinne was from a few seasons ago. I think the one in Gabon? She's beautiful on the outside, but I remember her as being an exceptionally mean-spirited, nasty b!tch, and everyone hated her. Francesca was the first person voted out in the Redemption Island season (and I don't know why or how that would make her a favorite), but she seemed to have a pretty good head on her shoulders. I also remember she clashed quite a bit with Special Agent Shepherd (Phil a favorite? Really? I don't ever want to see his pink underwear again. In fact, I'm pretty sure that even seeing pink underwear on a beautiful woman was ruined for me by Phil).

    You are right on about there being a few smokeshows in the cast, and Hope is quite the piece of eye candy, but I have to wonder about a few of these returning players being labeled as favorites. Deceptive advertising IMO.


    "The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 175,375, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    9,110
    Points
    175,375
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 59

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUChippewa View Post
    Corinne was from a few seasons ago. I think the one in Gabon? She's beautiful on the outside, but I remember her as being an exceptionally mean-spirited, nasty b!tch, and everyone hated her. Francesca was the first person voted out in the Redemption Island season (and I don't know why or how that would make her a favorite), but she seemed to have a pretty good head on her shoulders. I also remember she clashed quite a bit with Special Agent Shepherd (Phil a favorite? Really? I don't ever want to see his pink underwear again. In fact, I'm pretty sure that even seeing pink underwear on a beautiful woman was ruined for me by Phil).

    You are right on about there being a few smokeshows in the cast, and Hope is quite the piece of eye candy, but I have to wonder about a few of these returning players being labeled as favorites. Deceptive advertising IMO.
    I agree. They're using the favorites tag very loosely. I'm actually a little shocked that Colton from One World still hasn't made his Survivor return (I can't stand the guy so I'm pretty happy about that). I can only assume that guys like Troyzan turned them down because otherwise I really don't understand some of those choices.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 81,315, Level: 88
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    terryleebr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,730
    Points
    81,315
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 18

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    I would much prefer having a new batch each time.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 96,263, Level: 96
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    cmjh10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Iowa Falls
    Posts
    6,395
    Points
    96,263
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 967
    Given: 1,405

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    I hope Brandon wins to show up his d-bag uncle (who is probably the greatest Survivor player ever).


    Naz Long, the Cowboy Killer

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 45,938, Level: 66
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,012
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    enisthemenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waveland Township, DSM
    Posts
    3,336
    Points
    45,938
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 74

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    No Stephanie. Crap.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 160,595, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    VikesFan28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    10,224
    Points
    160,595
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 39

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    Looks like a good group. I'm not sure how some of them are considered favorites but oh well. I'd like to see Malcolm do well, but I think he'll be a threat.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 46,976, Level: 67
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,374
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Bu4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    JTown, IA
    Posts
    2,235
    Points
    46,976
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 38

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    WHERE THE HECK IS RUSSELL



  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 25,207, Level: 48
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience Points
    AngryPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    745
    Points
    25,207
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 23

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    I read that Troyzan got kicked off so Malcolm could come back



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 48,697, Level: 68
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,053
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    MeanDean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Clarence IA-Jensen Bch FL
    Posts
    2,719
    Points
    48,697
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 317

    Re: Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites

    Quote Originally Posted by terryleebr View Post
    I would much prefer having a new batch each time.
    This x 1,000. Why do they let these A-holes have ANOTHER chance to win a million dollars? If I wanted to watch the same jerks over and over again I would watch that Kardasian show.


    No matter what, I could NEVER cheer for Dirt and Urine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM