DistrictCyclone

Quotes from CFH's post-KU press conference

On why he didn't foul: "With Georges out of the game, we felt small...if KU had made one, missed the next, and gotten the rebound, they'd have a good chance at winning."

Why he started Georges: "...wanted to pull Withey away from the basket, and it worked, lifting their bigs and inverting the floor. Will continue to look at starting Niang...he gave great energy early and was the facilitator at the post."

On how to turn this into a positive: "Guys know we let one slip away and are disappointed, but know that if they can come into this environment and compete with a team that's won eight league championships in a row, they can play with anyone in the country. And that's going to be the mindset going forward; you can't let what happened tonight affect the next one."

What he told players afterward: "If we play like that, if we fight like that, if we have each others' backs all season long, we're going to be right up there at the top of the conference when it's all said and done."

I'd also check out what Bill Self had to say: Cyclones.tv - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

All-Star
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 991
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 72

Re: Quotes from CFH's post-KU press conference

Love Bill Self - so classy, and I can see why the best players have no issues signing on the dotted line for him and that program. Tough loss tonight, but I think the team learned so much and KU better have 2/25 (Big Monday to boot) marked down because they are gonna need at least 33 from McLemore AGAIN to beat us at home.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 331
    Given: 265

Quote Originally Posted by CYUL8R View Post
    Love Bill Self - so classy, and I can see why the best players have no issues signing on the dotted line for him and that program. Tough loss tonight, but I think the team learned so much and KU better have 2/25 (Big Monday to boot) marked down because they are gonna need at least 33 from McLemore AGAIN to beat us at home.
    Babb will be more ready next time.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 17

Well I am glad to see Freddy thought about fouling, but it reality he made the right decision. I wanted him to foul because they had no timeouts left if we got the ball to line on the other end but he made a great point there. I am ****** about the outcome but definitely feel better going into the rest of conference play!