Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 36,882, Level: 59
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 968
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    theyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hedgesville, wv
    Posts
    1,456
    Points
    36,882
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    iowa state university. reinventing the word "lose" since 1858!

    crap, misspelled since. does it make it better that i cut off the tip of my finger yesterday and can only type with 7 fingers instead of 8 (thumbs don't count)?

    i don't know why i even get upset anymore.

    i am joking here so lay off would-be uptight posters. it was great to see us compete against the best on the road. without a complete luck bail-out 3 ball, we win the game. ot was a joke though.

    not sure how stats ended, but was really nice to see us with fewer turnovers than ku at half. it took their best team effort and a career night from their star to beat us.

    unfortunately there won't be many marquee win opportunities like this one with a week big 12. really let a golden opportunity slip away tonight.

    what the crap was that foul on the 3 ball by the ku player towards the end of regulation? was there any contact at all on that? just giving away points. that subsequent free throw made all the difference.

    glad i am a bigger football fan...wait...****!


    Last edited by theyork; 01-09-2013 at 09:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 283,427, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,665
    Points
    283,427
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 27

    Re: iowa state university. reinventing the word "lose" sinse 1858!

    Are we also reinventing ways to spell the word "since"?



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 86,687, Level: 91
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 763
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    BigBake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    U'dale
    Posts
    5,586
    Points
    86,687
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 58

    Re: iowa state university. reinventing the word "lose" sinse 1858!

    I was upset with that foul call on the three too, pretty ticky tack gift wrap from the refs.


    Fanatic #25

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 36,882, Level: 59
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 968
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    theyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hedgesville, wv
    Posts
    1,456
    Points
    36,882
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: iowa state university. reinventing the word "lose" sinse 1858!

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Are we also reinventing ways to spell the word "since"?
    well on the positive side, i finally put forth the effort to learn how to correct the thread title. i believe that makes me a winner tonight. time for a beer!



  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,629, Level: 31
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 621
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    229
    Points
    10,629
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: iowa state university. reinventing the word "lose" since 1858!

    Your schtick gets old.




    Quote Originally Posted by theyork View Post
    crap, misspelled since. does it make it better that i cut off the tip of my finger yesterday and can only type with 7 fingers instead of 8 (thumbs don't count)?

    i don't know why i even get upset anymore.

    i am joking here so lay off would-be uptight posters. it was great to see us compete against the best on the road. without a complete luck bail-out 3 ball, we win the game. ot was a joke though.

    not sure how stats ended, but was really nice to see us with fewer turnovers than ku at half. it took their best team effort and a career night from their star to beat us.

    unfortunately there won't be many marquee win opportunities like this one with a week big 12. really let a golden opportunity slip away tonight.

    what the crap was that foul on the 3 ball by the ku player towards the end of regulation? was there any contact at all on that? just giving away points. that subsequent free throw made all the difference.

    glad i am a bigger football fan...wait...****!



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 188,902, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,631
    Points
    188,902
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 136

    Re: iowa state university. reinventing the word "lose" sinse 1858!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBake View Post
    I was upset with that foul call on the three too, pretty ticky tack gift wrap from the refs.
    If the refs thought there was contact fine, but make the same call when ISU is shooting 3s.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 36,882, Level: 59
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 968
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    theyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hedgesville, wv
    Posts
    1,456
    Points
    36,882
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: iowa state university. reinventing the word "lose" since 1858!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cy94 View Post
    Your schtick gets old.
    you do.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 86,304, Level: 91
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,146
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Incyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,897
    Points
    86,304
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 52

    Re: iowa state university. reinventing the word "lose" since 1858!

    Op is a tool.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 36,882, Level: 59
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 968
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    theyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hedgesville, wv
    Posts
    1,456
    Points
    36,882
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: iowa state university. reinventing the word "lose" sinse 1858!

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    If the refs thought there was contact fine, but make the same call when ISU is shooting 3s.
    well they did call a foul on a babb three when the ball was clearly out of his hands. not sure what the rules actually say about what constitutes a foul, but that one clearly had no effect on whether or not the ball went in.

    was there actually contact on the aforementioned 3? i was watching on a large grainy tv.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 36,882, Level: 59
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 968
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    theyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hedgesville, wv
    Posts
    1,456
    Points
    36,882
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: iowa state university. reinventing the word "lose" since 1858!

    Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    Op is a tool.
    ya know what incyte, sometimes your words are hurtful.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 188,902, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,631
    Points
    188,902
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 136

    Re: iowa state university. reinventing the word "lose" sinse 1858!

    Quote Originally Posted by theyork View Post
    well they did call a foul on a babb three when the ball was clearly out of his hands. not sure what the rules actually say about what constitutes a foul, but that one clearly had no effect on whether or not the ball went in.

    was there actually contact on the aforementioned 3? i was watching on a large grainy tv.
    I didnt see any.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM