Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 42,442, Level: 63
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Mumbai1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    3,049
    Points
    42,442
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 57

    My crappy version of Bracketology

    WAC - Utah State (1)
    Sun Belt - Middle Tennessee State (1)
    WCC - Gonzaga, BYU, Saint Mary's (Maybe Santa Clara) (3)
    SWAC - Southern University (1)
    Summit - North Dakota State (1)
    Southern - College of Charleston (1)
    Southland - Stephen F. Austin (1)
    SEC - Missouri, Florida, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Texas A&M (Maybe LSU, and South Carolina) (5)
    Patriot - Bucknell (Maybe Lehigh) (1)
    Pac-12 - Arizona, UCLA, Oregon (Maybe ASU, Oregon State or Colorado) (3)
    Mountain West - Wyoming, Colorado State, New Mexico, UNLV, San Diego State (Maybe Boise State) (5)
    Northeast - Wagner (1)
    MEAC - Norfolk State (1)
    Missouri Valley - Creighton, Wichita State, (Maybe Bradley) (2)
    MAAC - Canisius (1)
    MAC - Akron (1)
    Horizon - Detroit (1)
    Ivy - Harvard (1)
    Great West - NJIT (1)
    CAA - George Mason (1)
    Conference USA - Memphis (Maybe Houston, and Tulane) (1)
    Big West - Hawaii (1)
    Big Ten - Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State (7)
    Big Sky - Weber State (1)
    Big South - High Point (1)
    Big East - Syracuse, Marquette, Louisville, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, Georgetown, Connecticut, Pittsburgh (Maybe Villanova, Rutgers or St.Johns) (8)
    Big 12 - Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Baylor, (Maybe Oklahoma, ISU) (4)
    Atlantic Sun - Florida Gulf Coast (1)
    ACC - Duke, Maryland, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Miami (Maybe Virginia, Florida State) (5)
    Atlantic 10 - Butler, VCU, Saint Louis, Temple, Dayton (Maybe Charlotte, La Salle, Massachusetts) (5)
    America East - Vermont (1)



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 70,610, Level: 82
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 840
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,857
    Points
    70,610
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 454
    Given: 613

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    Yep, your right, that is crappy



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 42,442, Level: 63
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Mumbai1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    3,049
    Points
    42,442
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 57

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    Thank you.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 42,442, Level: 63
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Mumbai1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    3,049
    Points
    42,442
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 57

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    Also, here is the bracket matrix for the 2013 season. He currently has ISU as a 12 seed.

    The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2013



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 170,783, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SplitIdentity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,190
    Points
    170,783
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 23

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    Yep, your right, that is crappy
    Agree. This is a worse pile of crap than the beer **** I took roughly 2 hours ago.

    Actually, not that bad. But, if I may be an Iowa homer for just a second (stepping out of character here), I'd replace Wisconsin with Iowa. I don't think Iowa is NCAA ready yet (prove it first), but if Iowa isn't, no way UW is.


    The artist formerly known as SouthernHawk

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 93,832, Level: 95
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,218
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,413
    Points
    93,832
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 606

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbai1986 View Post
    WAC - Utah State (1)
    Sun Belt - Middle Tennessee State (1)
    WCC - Gonzaga, BYU, Saint Mary's (Maybe Santa Clara) (3)
    SWAC - Southern University (1)
    Summit - North Dakota State (1)
    Southern - College of Charleston (1)
    Southland - Stephen F. Austin (1)
    SEC - Missouri, Florida, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Texas A&M (Maybe LSU, and South Carolina) (5)
    Patriot - Bucknell (Maybe Lehigh) (1)
    Pac-12 - Arizona, UCLA, Oregon (Maybe ASU, Oregon State or Colorado) (3)
    Mountain West - Wyoming, Colorado State, New Mexico, UNLV, San Diego State (Maybe Boise State) (5)
    Northeast - Wagner (1)
    MEAC - Norfolk State (1)
    Missouri Valley - Creighton, Wichita State, (Maybe Bradley) (2)
    MAAC - Canisius (1)
    MAC - Akron (1)
    Horizon - Detroit (1)
    Ivy - Harvard (1)
    Great West - NJIT (1)
    CAA - George Mason (1)
    Conference USA - Memphis (Maybe Houston, and Tulane) (1)
    Big West - Hawaii (1)
    Big Ten - Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State (7)
    Big Sky - Weber State (1)
    Big South - High Point (1)
    Big East - Syracuse, Marquette, Louisville, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, Georgetown, Connecticut, Pittsburgh (Maybe Villanova, Rutgers or St.Johns) (8)
    Big 12 - Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Baylor, (Maybe Oklahoma, ISU) (4)
    Atlantic Sun - Florida Gulf Coast (1)
    ACC - Duke, Maryland, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Miami (Maybe Virginia, Florida State) (5)
    Atlantic 10 - Butler, VCU, Saint Louis, Temple, Dayton (Maybe Charlotte, La Salle, Massachusetts) (5)
    America East - Vermont (1)
    I wouldn't call it "crappy." Compiling a field (especially in early January) is an inexact task. Any list is open to scrutiny.

    Only thing I might suggest -- move the "maybes" into a separate chunk at the end — a bubble list or "work to do." Removes the Indecision aspect, and simpler to digest.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 42,442, Level: 63
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Mumbai1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    3,049
    Points
    42,442
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 57

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    Update: 1/13/2013

    WAC - Utah State (1)


    Sun Belt - Middle Tennessee State (1)


    WCC - Gonzaga, BYU, Saint Mary's
    (3)
    Bubble: Santa Clara


    SWAC - Southern University (1)


    Summit - North Dakota State (1)


    Southern - Davidson (1)


    Southland - Stephen F. Austin (1)


    SEC - Missouri, Florida, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Texas A&M (5)


    Patriot - Bucknell
    (1)
    Bubble: Lehigh


    Pac-12 - Arizona, UCLA, Oregon, ASU
    (3)
    Bubble: Oregon State, Colorado


    Mountain West - New Mexico, UNLV, San Diego State, Colorado State, Boise State (4)
    Bubble: Wyoming

    Northeast - Wagner (1)


    MEAC - Norfolk State (1)


    Missouri Valley - Creighton, Wichita State
    (2)
    Bubble: Evansville


    MAAC - Iona (1)


    MAC - Akron (1)


    Horizon - Detroit (1)


    Ivy - Harvard (1)


    Great West - NJIT (1)


    CAA - Northeastern (1)


    Conference USA - Memphis
    (1)
    Bubble: Southern MIssissippi, Houston


    Big West - Long Beach State (1)


    Big Ten - Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State (7)


    Big Sky - Weber State (1)


    Big South - VMI (1)


    Big East - Syracuse, Marquette, Louisville, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, Georgetown, Connecticut
    (7)
    Bubble:
    Pittsburgh, Villanova, Rutgers

    Big 12 - Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Baylor
    (4)
    Bubble: Oklahoma, ISU


    Atlantic Sun - Florida Gulf Coast (1)


    ACC - Duke, Maryland, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Miami
    (5)
    Bubble: Virginia, Florida State


    Atlantic 10 - Butler, VCU, Saint Louis, Temple, Charlotte
    (4)
    Bubble: La Salle, Massachusetts, Xavier


    America East - Albany (1)


    Last edited by Mumbai1986; 01-13-2013 at 05:37 PM.

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 93,832, Level: 95
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,218
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,413
    Points
    93,832
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 606

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbai1986 View Post
    Update: 1/13/2013

    WAC - Utah State (1)


    Sun Belt - Middle Tennessee State (1)


    WCC - Gonzaga, BYU, Saint Mary's
    (3)
    Bubble: Santa Clara


    SWAC - Southern University (1)


    Summit - North Dakota State (1)


    Southern - Davidson (1)


    Southland - Stephen F. Austin (1)


    SEC - Missouri, Florida, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Texas A&M (5)


    Patriot - Bucknell
    (1)
    Bubble: Lehigh


    Pac-12 - Arizona, UCLA, Oregon, ASU
    (3)
    Bubble: Oregon State, Colorado


    Mountain West - New Mexico, UNLV, San Diego State, Colorado State, Boise State (4)
    Bubble: Wyoming

    Northeast - Wagner (1)


    MEAC - Norfolk State (1)


    Missouri Valley - Creighton, Wichita State
    (2)
    Bubble: Evansville


    MAAC - Iona (1)


    MAC - Akron (1)


    Horizon - Detroit (1)


    Ivy - Harvard (1)


    Great West - NJIT (1)


    CAA - Northeastern (1)


    Conference USA - Memphis
    (1)
    Bubble: Southern MIssissippi, Houston


    Big West - Long Beach State (1)


    Big Ten - Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State (7)


    Big Sky - Weber State (1)


    Big South - VMI (1)


    Big East - Syracuse, Marquette, Louisville, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, Georgetown, Connecticut
    (7)
    Bubble:
    Pittsburgh, Villanova, Rutgers

    Big 12 - Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Baylor
    (4)
    Bubble: Oklahoma, ISU


    Atlantic Sun - Florida Gulf Coast (1)


    ACC - Duke, Maryland, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Miami
    (5)
    Bubble: Virginia, Florida State


    Atlantic 10 - Butler, VCU, Saint Louis, Temple, Charlotte
    (4)
    Bubble: La Salle, Massachusetts, Xavier


    America East - Albany (1)
    Looks pretty good at a glance.

    I do think if BYU is in, ISU is in (not just because of head-to-head). And I have OU in (resume is better than I realized).

    (Note: A couple teams you have "in" and also on bubble --Colorado State & Charlotte, just fyi)


    Last edited by cyclones500; 01-13-2013 at 05:45 PM.

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 93,832, Level: 95
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,218
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,413
    Points
    93,832
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 606

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    (also -- sorry about all these notes! -- I don't think Great West gets an auto-bid again this year -- not sure if that changes next s)



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 282,433, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,751
    Points
    282,433
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 42

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    Joe Lunardi tweeted this morning that he has 6 Big XII teams in his upcoming bracket. Last week he had 5, I'm almost positive that we'll be the 6th.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 93,832, Level: 95
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,218
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,413
    Points
    93,832
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 606

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Joe Lunardi tweeted this morning that he has 6 Big XII teams in his upcoming bracket. Last week he had 5, I'm almost positive that we'll be the 6th.
    Definitely.

    I assume he'll have Iowa State in a play-in. I could see being advanced past the Intro Round, actually.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 93,832, Level: 95
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,218
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,413
    Points
    93,832
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 606

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    Most of it looks feasible, as far as contenders.

    Only quibbles as far as inclusion: I would drop Evansville and Oregon State from bubble watch, for the time being. (Not sure about best replacements, but Iowa might be among them)



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 48,022, Level: 67
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bostrem00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    2,799
    Points
    48,022
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 25

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    Iowa is not in it so it must not be too bad...



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 93,832, Level: 95
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,218
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,413
    Points
    93,832
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 606

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    Here's mine, thru Jan. 13:

    America East (1): Stony Brook
    Atlantic 10 (5): Butler, VCU, Temple, St. Louis, UMass
    ACC (4): Duke, N.C. State, Miami, North Carolina
    Atlantic Sun (1): Florida Gulf Coast
    Big 12 (6): Kansas, Baylor, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Okla. State, Iowa State
    Big East (7): Louisville, Syracuse, Marquette, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, UConn, Georgetown
    Big Sky (1): Montana
    Big South (1): Charleston Southern
    Big Ten (7): Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State, Illinois, Michigan State, Wisconsin
    Big West (1): Long Beach State
    Colonial (1): Northeastern
    C-USA (1): Memphis
    Horizon (1): Wright State
    Ivy (1): Harvard
    MAAC (1): Niagara
    MAC (1): Akron
    MEAC (1): Norfolk State
    MVC (2): Creighton, Wichita State
    MWC (5): New Mexico, San Diego State, UNLV, Colorado State, Wyoming
    Northeast (1): Bryant
    Ohio Valley (1): Tennessee State
    Pac-12 (4): Arizona, Colorado, UCLA, Oregon
    Patriot (1): Bucknell
    SEC (5): Florida, Missouri, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Texas A&M
    SoCon (1): Davidson
    Southland (1): Stephen F. Austin
    SWAC (1): Southern
    Summit (1): North Dakota State
    Sun Belt (1): Middle Tennessee
    WCC (2): Gonzaga, BYU
    WAC (1): Utah State

    First out: Boise State, Florida State, Tennessee, St. Joseph’s
    Next out: Washington, Iowa, Stanford, So. Miss



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 42,442, Level: 63
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Mumbai1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    3,049
    Points
    42,442
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 57

    Re: My crappy version of Bracketology

    WAC - Louisiana Tech (1)
    Bubble: Utah State

    Sun Belt - Middle Tennessee State (1)


    WCC - Gonzaga, BYU, Saint Mary's
    (3)
    Bubble: None


    SWAC - Southern University (1)


    Summit - North Dakota State (1)


    Southern - Davidson (1)


    Southland - Stephen F. Austin (1)


    SEC - Missouri, Florida, Kentucky, Ole Miss (4)


    Patriot - Bucknell
    (1)
    Bubble: Lehigh


    Pac-12 - Arizona, UCLA, Oregon
    (3)
    Bubble: ASU, Washington


    Mountain West - New Mexico, UNLV, San Diego State, Colorado State, Wyoming (5)
    Bubble: Boise State

    Northeast - Bryant University (1)


    OVC - Belmont (1)
    Bubble - Murray State

    MEAC - Norfolk State (1)


    Missouri Valley - Creighton, Wichita State
    (2)
    Bubble: Indiana State


    MAAC - Iona (1)


    MAC - Akron (1)
    Bubble: Ohio

    Horizon - Valparaiso (1)
    Bubble: Wright State

    Ivy - Harvard (1)


    Great West - NJIT (1) - Unsure if they get a spot.


    CAA - Northeastern (1)


    Conference USA - Memphis
    (1)
    Bubble: Southern Mississippi


    Big West - Long Beach State (1)


    Big Ten - Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State (7)
    Bubble: Iowa

    Big West: Long Beach State (1)

    Big Sky - Weber State (1)
    Bubble: Montana

    Big South - Charleston Southern (1)


    Big East - Syracuse, Marquette, Louisville, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh,
    (6)
    Bubble:
    Georgetown, Rutgers

    Big 12 - Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Baylor
    (4)
    Bubble: Oklahoma, ISU


    Atlantic Sun - Mercer (1)


    ACC - Duke, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Miami
    (4)
    Bubble: Virginia, Florida State, Maryland


    Atlantic 10 - Butler, VCU
    (2)
    Bubble: Xavier, Charlotte, Temple, Saint Louis


    America East - Albany (1)

    I currently have 61 teams out of 68 in as of this moment. There are 7 spots open for at least 23 Bubble teams. Now not all bubble teams are equal, but that is how many I currently see right now. I also took out Connecticut because I forgot they are banned from post season play this year. I think ISU will eventually get in, but two wins against West Virginia and TCU are not marquee wins.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM