Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 4

Re: ISU/KU on TV Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    do you know how much mediacom charges to get the package with espnu?
    I think there are 3 levels..starting at like 7.95/month up to 17.95/month. I got the middle one for like 13.95 per month. I think ESPNU might be available on the first level, but I'm not sure. Best thing to do is just call them.

-Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Dryburn View Post
    I think there are 3 levels..starting at like 7.95/month up to 17.95/month. I got the middle one for like 13.95 per month. I think ESPNU might be available on the first level, but I'm not sure. Best thing to do is just call them.
    If its 8 dollars a month ill definitely look into it. I assume a majority of our conference games will be on ESPN U correct?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,868
    Given: 1,608

Unless you have someone from this list of providers, looks like you don't have WatchESPN:

WatchESPN FAQ

Interesting to see VerizonFIOS on there. Between this and the LHN, they are all in with ESPN.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by zwclones51 View Post
    If its 8 dollars a month ill definitely look into it. I assume a majority of our conference games will be on ESPN U correct?
    Not according to the schedule. Six are on ESPNU. Eight will be on Big 12.....whatever that means. Two will be on ESPN2. One will be on ESPN, and one will be on ESPN or ESPN2. Not sure where the Big 12 tourney will be brodcast.

Does anyone know what it means when it just says "Big 12" for tv cooverage?

-Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

Legend
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,762
    Given: 911

Not according to the schedule. Six are on ESPNU. Eight will be on Big 12.....whatever that means. Two will be on ESPN2. One will be on ESPN, and one will be on ESPN or ESPN2. Not sure where the Big 12 tourney will be brodcast.

I believe Big 12 means local affiliate. Which would be ABC in Des Moines and Ames.

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 0

Same thing it's meant since the days of the Big Eight and Raycom.

Menís Basketball Television FAQ - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

2012-13 Big 12 Network Television Package - Big 12 Conference - Official Athletic Site

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

ISU MBB put this tweet out this morning......but I'm not sure if they think the game is available in Iowa on ESPN3.com or what...........

Cyclone Basketball@CycloneMBB The Iowa State-Kansas game (Jan. 9) is on ESPNU. Here is the ESPN3 link to watch it online. #cyclones http://fb.me/SvbMMk83

Those of you without ESPNU may want to check the ESPN3.com site tomorrow to see if maybe the game is available after all.

Addict
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 363

If you are a Mediacom digital cable subscriber, you are eligible to get the sports and information pack (which ESPNU is a part of) for free for 3 months. This is what I did. Just call customer service and tell them you were told the Sports and Information pack was free for 3 months and you would like to add it. They originally told me they couldn't find it but tell them to try adding it as normal (as if you are going to pay for it) and then the special will show up for the agent.

Last edited by CysRage; 01-08-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

All-Star
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 762
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 132

ISU MBB put this tweet out this morning......but I'm not sure if they think the game is available in Iowa on ESPN3.com or what...........

Cyclone Basketball@CycloneMBB The Iowa State-Kansas game (Jan. 9) is on ESPNU. Here is the ESPN3 link to watch it online. #cyclones http://fb.me/SvbMMk83

Those of you without ESPNU may want to check the ESPN3.com site tomorrow to see if maybe the game is available after all.
    It won't be available come gametime. I promise you. It will only be available for those not blacked out. ESPN3 now operates under time windows now for showing ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU content. For ESPN3 to show one of those games on a weekday, the game must start before 6pm in your local time. This is why the Western part of the country does get the game, because it starts before their 6 pm local time. On the weekends, the game must start before 12 pm your local time for it to be shown. This is why you could watch a lot of the 11:00 am start games for football around here, but that was about it.

Again, these time restraints are only for ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU content shown on ESPN3. There is still all the exclusive content they have available as well as some other shared content like all the Big 12 Network games, which we have 8 of them this year. If you look at the schedule, you'll see that everyone can watch all the Big 12 network games on ESPN3. The crappy part is that we've got a ton of ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU games this year and NONE of them will be available to local Iowa people because none of them fit within the time zone windows.

For those of you who don't understand why it is this way now compared to last year is because ESPN made a drastic change in what they do and don't show on ESPN3 this past summer (I believe it started the new format in September, don't quote me on that). It has been operating under these same rules for the whole football season now. Essentially, ESPN is trying to make ESPN3 more of an exclusive content network, while they are trying to separate WatchESPN access (which nobody has) as the all-inclusive online access point where you can watch anything ESPN.

Addict
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Triggermv View Post
    It won't be available come gametime. I promise you. It will only be available for those not blacked out. ESPN3 now operates under time windows now for showing ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU content. For ESPN3 to show one of those games on a weekday, the game must start before 6pm in your local time. This is why the Western part of the country does get the game, because it starts before their 6 pm local time. On the weekends, the game must start before 12 pm your local time for it to be shown. This is why you could watch a lot of the 11:00 am start games for football around here, but that was about it.

Again, these time restraints are only for ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU content shown on ESPN3. There is still all the exclusive content they have available as well as some other shared content like all the Big 12 Network games, which we have 8 of them this year. If you look at the schedule, you'll see that everyone can watch all the Big 12 network games on ESPN3. The crappy part is that we've got a ton of ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU games this year and NONE of them will be available to local Iowa people because none of them fit within the time zone windows.

For those of you who don't understand why it is this way now compared to last year is because ESPN made a drastic change in what they do and don't show on ESPN3 this past summer (I believe it started the new format in September, don't quote me on that). It has been operating under these same rules for the whole football season now. Essentially, ESPN is trying to make ESPN3 more of an exclusive content network, while they are trying to separate WatchESPN access (which nobody has) as the all-inclusive online access point where you can watch anything ESPN.
    Thanks for the information. I wish I could just purchase WatchESPN access for the basketball season and call it good.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,070
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 8

that many people dont have access to ESPNU? I thought just about any cable/satellite provider offered it?

Addict
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 363

Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepower View Post
    that many people dont have access to ESPNU? I thought just about any cable/satellite provider offered it?
    Not with Mediacom regular family cable which most Iowans probably have.

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by huntt26 View Post
    Thanks for the information. I wish I could just purchase WatchESPN access for the basketball season and call it good.
    I hear yah man. I'd even pay quite a bit for it as I'm a cable cutter and would be perfectly content with what I get over-the-air and for sports, what I could get with WatchESPN. This is why the old ESPN3 was awesome for me.

The other sad part is that me and my fellow cable cutters will never get access to WatchESPN either (unless they start offering it pay-for-subscription) because while ESPN3 is based on your internet provider (most cable cutters still have this), WatchESPN is solely based on your television provider (very small list right now too). Therefore, WatchESPN isn't even that valuable to people who even have access to it because in order for them to even get access to it, they already have to have access to the ESPN channels through their cable subscription. Therefore, WatchESPN is really just meant to be a mobile internet way to watch your cable subscription.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Triggermv View Post
    I hear yah man. I'd even pay quite a bit for it as I'm a cable cutter and would be perfectly content with what I get over-the-air and for sports, what I could get with WatchESPN. This is why the old ESPN3 was awesome for me.

The other sad part is that me and my fellow cable cutters will never get access to WatchESPN either (unless they start offering it pay-for-subscription) because while ESPN3 is based on your internet provider (most cable cutters still have this), WatchESPN is solely based on your television provider (very small list right now too). Therefore, WatchESPN isn't even that valuable to people who even have access to it because in order for them to even get access to it, they already have to have access to the ESPN channels through their cable subscription. Therefore, WatchESPN is really just meant to be a mobile internet way to watch your cable subscription.
    This is kind of sad, but you want to know a major reason why I've cut my cable???? Its so that I don't pay the Big 10 Network a dime. Granted, there are other reasons too but it is a big one.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,070
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by CysRage View Post
    Not with Mediacom regular family cable which most Iowans probably have.
    But you can still get it you just have to pay like $7...i hope thats not what people are complaining about???