Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

Dynamic Duo

McDermotts have become improbable father-son success story - CBSSports.com
    There was Pistol and Press Maravich, Homer and Bryce Drew, Dick and Tony Bennett and Wade and Allan Houston. The McDermotts, though, are an unlikely duo. Just a few years back, Doug was coming off the bench as a junior at Ames High and his father, then the head coach at Iowa State, had determined his son wasn't talented enough to play for him in the Big 12. Greg was struggling and miserable at Iowa State, and wound up getting out of Ames a year or so before he was likely to be asked to leave.

Father and son were united at Creighton after Greg took the job in Omaha, Doug was released from his letter-of-intent at Northern Iowa and followed his father to Creighton. It's been a fairy tale for the first 2 1/2 years.
    "I grew up with Harrison [Barnes] getting all the attention," McDermott said of his former high school teammate. "I thought it was so cool and and wished I was that guy. I was the wing man."

Last edited by Wesley; 01-06-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.