Just wanted to know if Paul Allen and Vikings fans are claiming Ponder quit?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    All-Star
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 4

Just wanted to know if Paul Allen and Vikings fans are claiming Ponder quit?

Because according to Paul Allen and every Viking fan I've talked to Jay Cutler quit on the Bears a few years ago in the NFC Title game (with a worse injury I might add).

Just want to know if the same faulty logic applies here?

Last edited by CYcoFan; 01-06-2013 at 02:28 AM.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Just wanted to know if Paul Allen and Vikings fans are claiming Ponder quit?

Will PA and Vikings fans everywhere post pics of Ponder in a skirt now? Certainly the mainstream media hasn't come close to insinuating that Ponder quit, but they were all over Jay for weeks following the Champ game.

KFitzy87

Re: Just wanted to know if Paul Allen and Vikings fans are claiming Ponder quit?

It doesn't take any non-Bear fan two seconds to realize Cutler is a headcase. Hell, I'm sure some Bear fans would even agree. Ponder isn't a good quarterback, but he seems like a good guy in person instead of the doosh that is Jay Cutler.

Starter
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 29

I don't like that he didn't play, and really have no clue how bad his injury was. My guess is that they knew most of the week but didn't want Green Bay to realize they should prep for Webb. However, Cutler basically quit when things weren't going well during the game. Whereas Ponder didn't even start, and had been playing pretty well as of recently. I don't really like either of them, but Cutlers still feels more like quitting to me

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 92

I would be the last person to stick up for Ponder but cripes, it was his throwing elbow/triceps. That would make him pretty ineffective. Cutler is a *****. Always has been, always will be.

It's all snark from here on out

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Cutler is a ****** huh. Is that why you can find tons of photos of him with kids in the hospital? He spent every Tuesday his first 2 years in Chicago in the hospital. Yet the general public doesn't know it cause he doesn't have Brady or Manning's PR People?

Jay is a type 1 diabetic and has his own foundation. He has shown up at several celebrity golf outings and elected not to play and sign autographs and take pictures ALL DAY.

Jay had a grade 2 MCL Sprain and Ponder had a little bump on the elbow, yet you Viking fans still blindly defend your guy.

Why is Jay a ****** by the way? Is it purely baseless and just cause you feel like it?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 92

Quote Originally Posted by CYcoFan View Post
    Cutler is a ****** huh. Is that why you can find tons of photos of him with kids in the hospital? He spent every Tuesday his first 2 years in Chicago in the hospital. Yet the general public doesn't know it cause he doesn't have Brady or Manning's PR People?

Jay is a type 1 diabetic and has his own foundation. He has shown up at several celebrity golf outings and elected not to play and sign autographs and take pictures ALL DAY.

Jay had a grade 2 MCL Sprain and Ponder had a little bump on the elbow, yet you Viking fans still blindly defend your guy.

Why is Jay a ****** by the way? Is it purely baseless and just cause you feel like it?
    I didn't call him a ******.

He is a ***** though. Relax, I'm a good guy but am still a *****. Plus, if you're good enough, you don't need PR people.

I'm absolutely not a Vikings fan. I would rather try and play QB with a bum knee than a bum throwing arm. Of course, if I was a QB I would actually try to be a decent thrower of the football too. Cutler should be able to throw through brick walls without a knee from what I've heard from Bears fans...only if Brandon Marshall is on the other side though. He can't throw to anyone else.

Last edited by Tre4ISU; 01-06-2013 at 03:50 AM.
    It's all snark from here on out

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    I didn't call him a ******.

He is a ***** though. Relax, I'm a good guy but am still a *****. Plus, if you're good enough, you don't need PR people.

I'm absolutely not a Vikings fan. I would rather try and play QB with a bum knee than a bum throwing arm. Of course, if I was a QB I would actually try to be a decent thrower of the football too. Cutler should be able to throw through brick walls without a knee from what I've heard from Bears fans...only if Brandon Marshall is on the other side though. He can't throw to anyone else.

First a Grade 2 MCL sprain isn't a bum knee. A torn MCL is never just a bum knee. Just because the medical term says Sprain doesn't mean you get to inject your opinion on it. Medically a Sprain means a tear.

2nd you can't throw anything effectively with a bad leg. If you can't push off it really doesn't matter what your arm feels like

Speechless
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,518
    Given: 94

Ponder is a much bigger pansy if there's no structural damage to his elbow.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,102
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 229
    Given: 131

"bum knee" lol.

Prospect
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

he could have used his left arm to throw and could have completed more than webb did.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 128

Quote Originally Posted by greennblack View Post
    he could have used his left arm to throw and could have completed more than webb did.
    That is one of the most asinine things I have ever heard. But also one of the most accurate.

Addict
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 704
    Given: 503

Did you think I was joking when I tweeted Samantha Steele, if your kid can throw a football, we'll know he got his arm from you?

Legend
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 398
    Given: 455

Brett favre screwed every qb by playing through everything. Now every expects every qb to play no matter what.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Speechless
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 872
    Given: 602

I want to see surgery on his arm if it felt that bad. Webb stunk the house up with his throwing ability.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.