Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 144,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,528
    Points
    144,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,223
    Given: 1,079

    Cedar Rapids apartments

    I am moving to Cedar Rapids after graduation this spring and have done some research into apartments in Cedar Rapids. Anybody have any feedback (good or bad) about any of the following apartment complexes?
    Grand Reserve
    Forest Ridge
    Pheasant Run
    Gateway Gardens
    Windsor on the River

    Also, do you have any other apartment complexes that you would recommend? I am looking for a complex that has relatively younger tenants and has community activities every so often. A pool would be nice but isn't required. Any help appreciated!


    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 70,649, Level: 82
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 801
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cloneswereall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,567
    Points
    70,649
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 228
    Given: 10

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    I know The Point on the NE side was recently remodeled, and my brother had or has some friends that live there (he's 21). Windsor on the River (if that's the one on Ellis Rd right off of Edgewood wouldn't be bad either. I've also had some friends that used to live in the Apartments on the south side of Blairs Ferry Road between Edgewood and 380. Also, I'm not sure if they're done working on the Roosevelt building either, but I've had quite a few friends live their as well.


    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 5,440, Level: 21
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    mganzeveld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    147
    Points
    5,440
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    Avoid Gateway Gardens and don't even think about Cedarwood Hills or anything on Oakland Road. The others are ok though as far as I know.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 19,664, Level: 42
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    dirtyninety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,868
    Points
    19,664
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 258
    Given: 305

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    This is America....you should be able to live anywhere you want and everything is equal.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 131,580, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    ruxCYtable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,641
    Points
    131,580
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 801
    Given: 783

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    Pheasant Run and Gateway Gardens are where you want to live if you have a meth habit.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 144,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,528
    Points
    144,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,223
    Given: 1,079

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    Quote Originally Posted by mganzeveld View Post
    Avoid Gateway Gardens and don't even think about Cedarwood Hills or anything on Oakland Road. The others are ok though as far as I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    Pheasant Run and Gateway Gardens are where you want to live if you have a meth habit.
    Good to know. Thanks for your help!


    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 144,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,528
    Points
    144,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,223
    Given: 1,079

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    Quote Originally Posted by cloneswereall View Post
    I know The Point on the NE side was recently remodeled, and my brother had or has some friends that live there (he's 21). Windsor on the River (if that's the one on Ellis Rd right off of Edgewood wouldn't be bad either. I've also had some friends that used to live in the Apartments on the south side of Blairs Ferry Road between Edgewood and 380. Also, I'm not sure if they're done working on the Roosevelt building either, but I've had quite a few friends live their as well.
    I have heard a little bit about the Point before but haven't really checked it out. I'll have to look into it more. Thanks for your help1


    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 79,345, Level: 87
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 805
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SNEDDS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    3,197
    Points
    79,345
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 818
    Given: 566

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    I live in the point. Not bad at all. Send me a pm.


    *Rest in peace corn dog chick and #Hoiball

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    No way, man...we should never give up on corn dog chick!

    #TeamCornDogChick
    #TeamMeowingCows

  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 12,073, Level: 33
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 577
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Clonedogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CR, IA
    Posts
    839
    Points
    12,073
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 49

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    Out of those listed, I would say stay way from Pheasant Run-ok but bad complex right next door; Gateway Gardens-bad news. The other three are all nice. Windsor on the River-nice but not "close" to anything but not far either, if that makes sense?, just out of the way. Grand Reserve-is close to a lot of amenities and very new but not close to Downtown if you want some night life on weekends. Forest Ridge-is older but still pretty nice and right buy the interstate easy to get anywhere including downtown and amenities.




  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 247,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18,164
    Points
    247,976
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,651
    Given: 142

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonedogg View Post
    Out of those listed, I would say stay way from Pheasant Run-ok but bad complex right next door; Gateway Gardens-bad news. The other three are all nice. Windsor on the River-nice but not "close" to anything but not far either, if that makes sense?, just out of the way. Grand Reserve-is close to a lot of amenities and very new but not close to Downtown if you want some night life on weekends. Forest Ridge-is older but still pretty nice and right buy the interstate easy to get anywhere including downtown and amenities.

    +1 to this, lived in crapids for about 10 years now. Also +1 to avoid anything on Oakland Road.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 22,232, Level: 45
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Three4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    2,036
    Points
    22,232
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 62

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    When I lived in CR, rented from Kelley Property Management. I had a two bedroom apartment in a 4-plex by Lindale. It was great washer/dryer right outside my door, and was able to rent month to month. Apartment had central air, huge kitchen, and both bedrooms were good sized. At the time when I rented from them, their left their apartments open during the day and you could go look without having someone with you.

    Kelley Property Management - Cedar Rapids, Iowa



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 34,191, Level: 56
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Fairfield
    Posts
    1,086
    Points
    34,191
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    like others said gateway gardens and windsor are trashy

    id consider living in north liberty if you dont mind a 15 min drive

    there are many more nicer options there and lots of tenants fresh out of college


    I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M FEELING 22!

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 144,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,528
    Points
    144,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,223
    Given: 1,079

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    Quote Originally Posted by SNEDDS3 View Post
    I live in the point. Not bad at all. Send me a pm.
    PMed


    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 68,841, Level: 81
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,561
    Points
    68,841
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 759
    Given: 17

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    Bill Conrad might still be looking for a roommate.

    The Wild Life (1984) - YouTube



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 62,770, Level: 77
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 480
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    intrepid27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    2,836
    Points
    62,770
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 331

    Re: Cedar Rapids apartments

    Quote Originally Posted by Three4Cy View Post
    When I lived in CR, rented from Kelley Property Management. I had a two bedroom apartment in a 4-plex by Lindale. It was great washer/dryer right outside my door, and was able to rent month to month. Apartment had central air, huge kitchen, and both bedrooms were good sized. At the time when I rented from them, their left their apartments open during the day and you could go look without having someone with you.

    Kelley Property Management - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    I'd highly recommend NOT dealing with Kelly Property Mgt. Total Dbags.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM