Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

RU Ready for B12 season?

I wish I could say that I'm ready for the B12 season to begin, but from what I've seen, the team is not yet ready for B12 play (and hence, I cannot get excited for them). Of course, last season I had this same opinion at this time, and Royce completely blew my expectations out of the water in the first game. Still, there are some striking similarities between last year's team and this year's team. Similarities that are negatives, and cannot be ignored. They are:
    1. Inability to shoot free throws. Last season this affliction was somewhat limited to Royce, but there were other very well respected players on the team who could be counted upon to miss key free throws during the game. I don't remember a lot of this during the Orr era, nor even during the eras of any of the coaches preceding Fred. Orr used to whine constantly how he didn't have a guard who could shoot the long ball, but they usually hit most of their free throws.
    2. Inability to finish at the hoop. This was widely noted last year, and seems only slightly better this season. Still, I am dumbfounded by the lack of basketball knowledge our players exhibit when playing in traffic.
    3. Selfishness with the ball. Royce and Christofferson were certainly the exceptions to this during last season. And there are players on this team who often have good assist numbers. However when in traffic, the game seem to change for most of these players. It seems that they are more interested in making the play all by themselves, rather than dishing the ball off and hopefully getting it back in a better position to make a play. Perhaps I should have titled item #3 as TRUST, as there is a lack of trust in others on most of the players in this very talented team.

Well these are my views. I hope you will post yours below; keeping in mind that constructive criticism is what will provide the most benefit for our players. I hope they are more ready for the b12 season than I believe they are.

Starter
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Re: RU Ready for B12 season?

We're gonna go 11-7 and get a 9 seed in the tournament.

Addict
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,624
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 133

What about lack of a real PG? KL sure isn't a pg, he looks to shoot first if he's not busy turning it over, and i have no idea why Clyburn is our 2nd option at pg. I would much rather have Naz out there handling it. We need willl rebounding and making plays without the ball.

#BEATIOWA

Rookie
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 66

I'm going to the Kansas game on the 9th. Going to be my first true road game experience (I've been to games in Wells Fargo). I hope we're ready, I'm pumped either way.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 310

Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    What about lack of a real PG? KL sure isn't a pg, he looks to shoot first if he's not busy turning it over, and i have no idea why Clyburn is our 2nd option at pg. I would much rather have Naz out there handling it. We need willl rebounding and making plays without the ball.

KL has been getting more assists and less turnovers as of late has he not? I thought it was 5:1 last game.

Walk On
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I am ready and let's hope the team is ready. What better way to find out than playing at KU the first game??
    I think we have to sweep TCU, Tech, and West Virginia. I don't count on beating KU so then we would have to split the rest of the games to get 11 conference wins.

If you take away first base, they'll just go find a new ballpark to play in.

Addict
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,370
    Given: 338

M I?...I M RU?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 16

Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    KL has been getting more assists and less turnovers as of late has he not? I thought it was 5:1 last game.
    Yes, he's improved big time in the turnover department lately. He'll still have those mental lapses or chuck up an ill-advised shot every once in a while that makes you want to pull your hair out but overall, he's been good lately. The offense is lost when he's not out on the court and Will is running the point.

Pro
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60

Quote Originally Posted by cc1091 View Post
    I wish I could say that I'm ready for the B12 season to begin, but from what I've seen, the team is not yet ready for B12 play (and hence, I cannot get excited for them). Of course, last season I had this same opinion at this time, and Royce completely blew my expectations out of the water in the first game. Still, there are some striking similarities between last year's team and this year's team. Similarities that are negatives, and cannot be ignored. They are:
    1. Inability to shoot free throws. Last season this affliction was somewhat limited to Royce, but there were other very well respected players on the team who could be counted upon to miss key free throws during the game. I don't remember a lot of this during the Orr era, nor even during the eras of any of the coaches preceding Fred. Orr used to whine constantly how he didn't have a guard who could shoot the long ball, but they usually hit most of their free throws.
    2. Inability to finish at the hoop. This was widely noted last year, and seems only slightly better this season. Still, I am dumbfounded by the lack of basketball knowledge our players exhibit when playing in traffic.
    3. Selfishness with the ball. Royce and Christofferson were certainly the exceptions to this during last season. And there are players on this team who often have good assist numbers. However when in traffic, the game seem to change for most of these players. It seems that they are more interested in making the play all by themselves, rather than dishing the ball off and hopefully getting it back in a better position to make a play. Perhaps I should have titled item #3 as TRUST, as there is a lack of trust in others on most of the players in this very talented team.

Well these are my views. I hope you will post yours below; keeping in mind that constructive criticism is what will provide the most benefit for our players. I hope they are more ready for the b12 season than I believe they are.
    you can go to cyclones.com to refresh your memory of the free throw %'s in the Orr years. jeff hornacek, barry stevens, fred hoiberg, mike born, ron bayless. yeah, none of those guys could shoot the long ball.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,484
    Given: 1,265

Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post

He's going to be blamed for turnovers all year long, even when he's resting on the bench. I like him as a PG. He has good vision, can break down a defense, and mostly just keeps things running nicely.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 310

Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Yes, he's improved big time in the turnover department lately. He'll still have those mental lapses or chuck up an ill-advised shot every once in a while that makes you want to pull your hair out but overall, he's been good lately. The offense is lost when he's not out on the court and Will is running the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    He's going to be blamed for turnovers all year long, even when he's resting on the bench. I like him as a PG. He has good vision, can break down a defense, and mostly just keeps things running nicely.

Thats what I thought. These **** poor showings arent all on KL.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 296

KL is playing much better team ball, but he still has his pocket picked.

Will is DG 2 where he has a hard time finishing layups in a crowd. He never dumps off so everyone knopws what he is going to do when he drives in. I think he should pass oiff on his first drive to showe the opponent that he can really pass the ball.

Gibson usually only holds the ball two seconds till he shoots. He might want to mix it up.

Melvin should shoot a few more threes and then follow the rebound.

Surprised how bad Babb shot the last game. He has good format. He is a good shooter.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Legend
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 916
    Given: 49

I never thought I'd say this but Melvin might be our best player, and if not best at least most consistently near the best in games.

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,276
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 63

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    I never thought I'd say this but Melvin might be our best player, and if not best at least most consistently near the best in games.
    He always finds a way to be around the 10 point, 10 rebound mark. That being said, he was pretty bad last game in my opinion. Yeah he had 12 rebounds and 11 points but he also had 4 turnovers, 4-11 from the field and 2-6 on free throws. Many times in the Yale game he gave up easy lay ups. I'm not bashing Ejim at all. He is one of my favorite players but he has had some horrible games just like everyone else.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 120

Our team numbers look shockingly similar right now to last year's team at the same time. We are averaging more points, rebounds, shooting about the same percentages, similar assist to t.o., etc. At this time last year we were 2 days removed from a 2 point win at home vs. MVSU. The only difference is that we haven't had any bad losses this year, and we open up conference play at KU instead of at home. Something tells me guys like Clyburn and Lucious are going to turn it on as the competition steps up. The scheduling this year has been to have affected the guys in the last month. We have only played 3 games in 3 weeks and haven't been at home since 12/9.