Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,736, Level: 66
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,742
    Points
    45,736
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0

    Thanks Chris and Adam

    for all your hard work on putting together the bus trip. Despite the last three quarters of the game, we had a great time and we felt proud being a part of Cyclone Nation that took over Beale Street night after night. The view looking down Beale street at the mass of red lining the parade route was incredible, and I hope the tv viewers could see the mass of red and gold filling half the stadium. It was good to get to know you, Adam, and making other new Cyclone friends on bus 3, and looking forward to future trips.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 107,810, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,325
    Points
    107,810
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 186

    Re: Thanks Chris and Adam

    Was it one of the CF buses that was stranded at the side of the road? Or maybe it was the band's. I saw a caravan of buses going slow with their lights blinking (like they were overloaded with people from the other bus).



  3. #3
    Publisher
    Points: 743,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    15,373
    Points
    743,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 57

    Re: Thanks Chris and Adam

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    Was it one of the CF buses that was stranded at the side of the road? Or maybe it was the band's. I saw a caravan of buses going slow with their lights blinking (like they were overloaded with people from the other bus).
    No. We had a bus with some troubles (which we sincerely apologize for) but were never stranded on the side of the road. Everybody got home at around 11 last night.



  4. #4
    Publisher
    Points: 743,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    15,373
    Points
    743,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 57

    Re: Thanks Chris and Adam

    Quote Originally Posted by CYKOFAN View Post
    for all your hard work on putting together the bus trip. Despite the last three quarters of the game, we had a great time and we felt proud being a part of Cyclone Nation that took over Beale Street night after night. The view looking down Beale street at the mass of red lining the parade route was incredible, and I hope the tv viewers could see the mass of red and gold filling half the stadium. It was good to get to know you, Adam, and making other new Cyclone friends on bus 3, and looking forward to future trips.
    Thank you very much for taking the trip with us. I agree with you on Beale Street. Sunday was a pretty special experience in my opinion. I've been to Iowa State's last four bowl games - this bowl experience overall was my favorite, other than the outcome of the game of course.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 401,208, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    20,835
    Points
    401,208
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 40

    Re: Thanks Chris and Adam

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    Was it one of the CF buses that was stranded at the side of the road? Or maybe it was the band's. I saw a caravan of buses going slow with their lights blinking (like they were overloaded with people from the other bus).
    That wouldve been the band. They had some breakdown issues from what i heard.

    from their facebook:




  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 107,810, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,325
    Points
    107,810
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 186

    Re: Thanks Chris and Adam

    I don't think this picture is related to the problem I saw. The stranded bus was on the Interstate several hours outside of Memphis (with a caravan of slow moving buses seen later).



  7. #7
    Publisher
    Points: 743,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    15,373
    Points
    743,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 57

    Re: Thanks Chris and Adam

    Regardless, Windstar had a rough weekend. 3 of our 4 busses had some sort of issue along the way. I saw that bus on the side of the road. The band. That sad news about the driver that died, etc.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 401,208, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    20,835
    Points
    401,208
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 40

    Re: Thanks Chris and Adam

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    I don't think this picture is related to the problem I saw. The stranded bus was on the Interstate several hours outside of Memphis (with a caravan of slow moving buses seen later).
    Yeah, i think they had a couple times they had issues.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,736, Level: 66
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,742
    Points
    45,736
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0

    Re: Thanks Chris and Adam

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Regardless, Windstar had a rough weekend. 3 of our 4 busses had some sort of issue along the way. I saw that bus on the side of the road. The band. That sad news about the driver that died, etc.
    Our bus 3 developed a bad wheel bearing (I think) and rather than risk it, we pulled into a rest stop near Cedar Rapids and they had another bus there within 10 minutes. I hope the driver that died wasn't the one we had from Mount Pleasant. He was a great guy and huge Cyclone fan.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 57,284, Level: 74
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    MissouriCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,195
    Points
    57,284
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Thanks Chris and Adam

    I saw a bus that was broke down in SE MO (boot heel area). Also passed like 4-5 Windstar buses on I-55, which was pretty cool. I didn't go on the bus trip, but think you guys did an awesome job. We represented Memphis great and Beale Street was a sea of cardinal and gold!



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 57,284, Level: 74
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    MissouriCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,195
    Points
    57,284
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Thanks Chris and Adam

    Quote Originally Posted by CYKOFAN View Post
    Our bus 3 developed a bad wheel bearing (I think) and rather than risk it, we pulled into a rest stop near Cedar Rapids and they had another bus there within 10 minutes. I hope the driver that died wasn't the one we had from Mount Pleasant. He was a great guy and huge Cyclone fan.

    Believe the bus driver that passed away was driving one of the band buses.... According to a DMR article.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 107,810, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,325
    Points
    107,810
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 186

    Re: Thanks Chris and Adam

    Sorry for derailing this thread.

    Mods, feel free to move posts to a "Bus Woes" thread.

    I will get back to the OP and thank you guys for putting this together for CF. We didn't go with your group, but we loved the fact that you did it. Going to a bowl and hanging out with other CFers sounds like the ideal way to do it.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM