Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Next year's quarterback situation

Next year Arnaud, Bates, Tiller, and Jordan will all be potentially duking it out for QB. Honestly, Arnaud will probably win by a long shot. Yet looking at the other three, especially Tiller was born to be wide receivers. Tiller has a freakin 40 inch vertical at 6-3 for god sakes. Jordan is 6-4, and we have already seen what Bates can do. I think we will see one of the best passing games in ISU history these next few years, and along with huge Jeremiah Schwartz as well as A-Rob, Scales, and Bass, we could potentially be looking at the best next 4 years in ISU history

Addict
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

Re: Next year's quarterback situation

I would be nice if they would play WR but I wouldn't count on it... most, if not all, were recruited as QB's. We'll see if they want to switch or not. Hopefully they will, but if not I won't hold it against them.

Rookie
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Did Jordan say he wanted to play Safety, instead of QB?? I thought I read that somewhere.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @MARCBORC

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by borc4cy View Post
    Did Jordan say he wanted to play Safety, instead of QB?? I thought I read that somewhere.
    You're thinking of Dustin Land, who's coming from Florida

Pro
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by borc4cy View Post
    Not a chance, Jordan is not a dual threat qb, he's your typical drop back qb...i see him redshirting and backing up arnaud.

I would love to see either Bates or Tiller move to WR - as we've seen this season, our skill positions are not up to big 12 caliber. I know people will fire back that Blythe is third all time in the big 12 in td catches, thats all fine and good, but, we need the WR that can catch it anywhere on the field and turn it into a touchdown....KU had 3 of those type receivers, we have zero....

Graham may be that type of receiver but i was high on Franklins speed too.....that didnt work out so well.....

Lets get Boyser from the juco ranks, that will help our offense more then anything...a big time receiver....and what impressed me most from the KU game, that was a clinic on how a wide receiver should block - very impressive.

GO getem Chiz, i know we will be better in 2008.....we behind you 100%....

Starter
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

I think all of them will get a shot to be the QB but when it boils down to it I see AA staying the starter and Jordan the backup. Bates will be a WR and Tiller will be wherever he helps out most. Also as far as Jeremiah Schwartz I could see him turning into a LB rather easily with his size or he's going to be one big RB which isn't that bad either. Get a couple more recruiting classes like the one ISU has coming in and the future is looking good. Just give it time.

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

tiller had better show up early and work with sheppard to build up his self confidence. he has the tools to be a good quarterback if he can develop an attitude for winning ball games.his high school record this year was 2-7. he needs to think like a qb who wants to go 10- 0 every year. maybe chizik should hire johnny unitas(old high top shoes) to show our qbs where winning attitudes come from and get it inoculated in their blood. bring old high tops out for a WEEK qb camp for our ISU QBS and let him teach some of the young qbs in iowa who want to play football for the cyclones,too, in a special camp session for high school kids.

doc

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 206

Don't count Tiller out A great athletic

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 239

4 men enter...let the best man win. One of the few times we've had what is expected to be such a tough QB competition.

This will be big for our team.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 43

I'm excited to see Bates in the spring. Usually when a guy (who's a great athlete) says he only wants to play QB, that usually means the guy can play. Arnuad has looked decent but not good enough where we should assume he will win the job with ease. I doubt our newcomers have a legit shot to start next year but after a redshirt year you never know. I'm very happy with our QB, RB, WR, and Offensive line situation in the immediate future.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 872
    Given: 619

The way I see it -
    There's going to be a 4-way competition for starting QB (obviously).

Arnaud's going to win it by a long shot (as, of the 4 QBs, he's gotten all the relevant snaps and game experience this year).

Bates is going to be treated the way Seattle treats Seneca Wallace - officially the backup QB but too valuable to just let sit on the sidelines

Tiller's going to be moved - if not this year, next - the guy's too much of a stud to just let his skills go to waste by being a backup QB.

Jordan's going to be redshirted this coming year to learn the system with no pressure and then be Arnaud's backup for the two years following, then be handed the reigns for the following two years, assuming Chizik doesn't recruit yet another QB that beats Jordan out along the line.

That's just how I see this thing shaping up. Wow, this is a nice problem to have (for once )

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Question related to our QB situation: Is our offense going to lean more and more towards the spread option attack? If so, I think Bates gives us the best option at QB.

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think Chizik will keep the position open, much like Kansas did to let Reesing win their competition this year. Who cares about experience, play the guy you know is best!

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by rahtotheames View Post
    Next year Arnaud, Bates, Tiller, and Jordan will all be potentially duking it out for QB. Honestly, Arnaud will probably win by a long shot. Yet looking at the other three, especially Tiller was born to be wide receivers. Tiller has a freakin 40 inch vertical at 6-3 for god sakes. Jordan is 6-4, and we have already seen what Bates can do. I think we will see one of the best passing games in ISU history these next few years, and along with huge Jeremiah Schwartz as well as A-Rob, Scales, and Bass, we could potentially be looking at the best next 4 years in ISU history
    Hmm...I'm thinking I heard this about 4 years ago?? Blythe and Meyer were tearing apart our first teamers as members of the Scout team.

LOL...

All-Star Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    The way I see it -
    There's going to be a 4-way competition for starting QB (obviously).

Arnaud's going to win it by a long shot (as, of the 4 QBs, he's gotten all the relevant snaps and game experience this year).

Bates is going to be treated the way Seattle treats Seneca Wallace - officially the backup QB but too valuable to just let sit on the sidelines

Tiller's going to be moved - if not this year, next - the guy's too much of a stud to just let his skills go to waste by being a backup QB.

Jordan's going to be redshirted this coming year to learn the system with no pressure and then be Arnaud's backup for the two years following, then be handed the reigns for the following two years, assuming Chizik doesn't recruit yet another QB that beats Jordan out along the line.

That's just how I see this thing shaping up. Wow, this is a nice problem to have (for once )
    I think that Arnaud starts. Bates will be the primary backup. He'll play some WR and maybe a series a game at QB. Jordan and Tiller will redshirt unless injuries force them to play.

The following year, if Jordan or Tiller prove to be decent backups, I think Bates makes the switch to WR full time. The loser of the Jordan/Tiller battle will eventually switch positions down the line.

XXXX Master Shake is under gag order XXXX