Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 58

Re: Royce refuses to play in D League

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    I doubt the Rockets will sue him since ******* off the NBAPA probably isn't worth the few million they would get back.
    I'm not sure how the NBAPA can defend the actions of a guy who has never even stepped foot on the court during an NBA game and refuses to simply do the job he signed up for.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 669
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 120

No way Fred looks bad in this one. I bet Fred even told him not to go.

on the other hand I bet he told him to go just so he could get that bomb away from ISU before it exploded.

Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 4

To simply illustrate the damage that Royce has done with his lack of effort to reach a compromise with the Rockets and his constant bad-mouthing of them on every bit of social media......just ask yourself this.......what NBA team will draft another player in the next decade who may have some anxiety issues or other mental problems? What team would take that chance after seeing this?

Also, the fact that the NBAPA is bascially silent in all of this should tell you just how weak Royce's stance is, even in their eyes.

Here is what I think.....Royce got some good publicity at ISU......leading the team in all 5 major categories, blah, blah, blah... He had a decent NCAA tourney appearance....and then he actually did get drafted.....and it all went to his head. He thought that just be getting drafted, and with the publicity he got......he already had a ready-made platform for his "message". The problem is...he didn't...because he had not played a single second in a real NBA game yet, or actually even made a final squad. If he had toughed it out for a year or two, and established himself as a decent player in the league, then he may have had a platform that would have been so much better for his message. He is either not sharp enough to realize that, or he is trusting people who do not have a clue, and who quite frankly don't really care about what happens to him.

Last edited by Dryburn; 12-30-2012 at 09:24 PM.
    -Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

DistrictCyclone

I won't condone Royce's recent actions, and I can't comprehend what would lead him to make them...and that's the problem; I have absolutely no idea what it's like to be a 21 year old father with a mental illness involved in multi-million dollar contract negotiations with a professional sports franchise. Because of this, I don't think it's fair for me to be upset or overly judgmental.

Maybe he's right about all of this, and maybe he's in the wrong; I have no way of knowing. The only word that can accurately describe how I feel is disappointment. I was really looking forward to seeing Royce contribute in the NBA and set a great example for people with mental illnesses. I now doubt that will ever happen. I was so proud that our basketball staff and community believed in him and gave him a second chance that so many people don't ever get. While I was certain at the end of the year that he genuinely appreciated the opportunity given to him, and him visiting that school for kids in Des Moines was one of the most heartwarming things I'd ever seen, I'm now left wondering if it was all an act. It's a shame.

I hope he finds his niche, whatever that may be.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 42

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    I don't think he used ISU anymore than ISU used him. Fred had a ton invested in Royce, he was a huge risk-reward type of player. Fred had evry reason to want him to succeed, the Rockets don't and I don't think Royce is used to being treated like an expendable player. I would be curious to know how much baby sitting Fred had to two in Royce's two years at ISU.
    Maybe used isn't the right word. I don't think Royce was his real self when he was here. Maybe "faking it" would be better.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 669
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 120

Quote Originally Posted by Dryburn View Post
    To simply illustrate the damage that Royce has done with his lack of effort to reach a compromise with the Rockets and his constant bad-mouthing of them on every bit of social media......just ask yourself this.......what NBA team will draft another player in the next decade who may have some anxiety issues or other mental problems? What team would take that chance after seeing this?

Also, the fact that the NBAPA is bascially silent in all of this should tell you just how weak Royce's stance is, even in their eyes.
    they won't. And Royce's dream of "transparency" and #AnxietyTroopers will go up in flames when players are scared to come out and say they have a "mental disorder" like anxiety.

before Royce, I thought anxiety disorders were a joke. Now I realize that people with anxiety problems are in fact crazy.

Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

All-Star
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    I won't condone Royce's recent actions, and I can't comprehend what would lead him to make them...and that's the problem; I have absolutely no idea what it's like to be a 21 year old father with a mental illness involved in multi-million dollar contract negotiations with a professional sports franchise. Because of this, I don't think it's fair for me to be upset or overly judgmental.

Maybe he's right about all of this, and maybe he's in the wrong; I have no way of knowing. The only word that can accurately describe how I feel is disappointment. I was really looking forward to seeing Royce contribute in the NBA and set a great example for people with mental illnesses. I now doubt that will ever happen. I was so proud that our basketball staff and community believed in him and gave him a second chance that so many people don't ever get. While I was certain at the end of the year that he genuinely appreciated the opportunity given to him, and him visiting that school for kids in Des Moines was one of the most heartwarming things I'd ever seen, I'm now left wondering if it was all an act. It's a shame.

I hope he finds his niche, whatever that may be.
    I can see that. I do think its fair for players with similar conditions as him to be upset. It was unintentional, but he's screwing their chances and they've gotta know it.

DistrictCyclone

Quote Originally Posted by xr4ticlone View Post
    My kids love Royce White...they have been asking about him all year long and can't understand why he won't be a Cyclone anymore.

Royce needs to realize that although his goal was to help build awareness of mental health issues...he's probably set the mental illness community back about 50 years with all his bull ****.

If you had reservations about hiring someone with a mental illness before...and you've paid more than 3 minutes of attention to this train wreck...I doubt there is a chance in hell you'd ever consider someone you knew had mh issues.
    I worry about this, too. It's honorable to support a cause like equitable employment conditions for people with mental illnesses, but I'm afraid Royce might be doing more damage than good to that effort with his antics.

I've said all along that his publicist is a bush-league amateur who's not doing him any favors, and I suspect that Royce isn't getting very good guidance from anyone at this point. His behavior really isn't all that surprising when you consider his situation and environment: a young kid with one of his own living in the spotlight and a brand new city. It might do him some good to listen to the Rockets instead of constantly berating them on Twitter.

Last edited by DistrictCyclone; 12-30-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 527
    Given: 369

To me it just sounds like he's using his mental health problems as an excuse. Now it seems more like mental problems instead of mental health problems.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

All-Star
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,164
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Best of luck to any college player hoping to get drafted that actually has the courage to admit to having an anxiety disorder now thanks to this whole soap opera.

All-Star
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Clone_12 View Post
    Best of luck to any college player hoping to get drafted that actually has the courage to admit to having an anxiety disorder now thanks to this whole soap opera.
    Yeah, they're the real victims in all this. Such a shame.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Clone_12 View Post
    Yep, anyone who can't hit the rim on free throws or is on the sideline barfing, check them out. Maybe anxiety is worse than a hamstring.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 33

So would all of you be satisfied if he became the Rodman of his generation and always said publicly after some human atrocity "it's because of ISU and their fans that I became who I am" instead of being honest about having things he is unable to do without severe negative consequences in his life and is unwilling to suffer those severe negative consequences? To me, that shows he is willing and able to work hard to overcome/adjust to the hand life has dealt him as responsibly as his health and support systems allow.

I think Royce has shown BB is important to him and enough so that he would work hard to get additional mental health intervention and support so he could play and attend college without having a major and destructive life breakdown - for himself and others.

So a "dream" paycheck is more important than a good life, family or health for the rest of you guys? How's that working out for you? A "dream" paycheck/job is not what those who haven't been there think it is, I assure you. It is easy to be harsh and judgmental about something you imagine is more wonderful that it is in reality.

I wish Royce a better future than the NBA or CycloneFanatic fans are currently offering him.

And it's not Royce White who is setting mental health causes back 50 years - it's the willing ignorance and apathy of those who say they "care" (or used to) for his well-being.

Last edited by ShopTalk; 12-30-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 24

I wonder if Fred did his rep any harm by going to bat for rw

Speechless
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 296

Quote Originally Posted by ShopTalk View Post
    So would all of you be satisfied if he became the Rodman of his generation and always said publicly after some human atrocity "it's because of ISU and their fans that I became who I am" instead of being honest about having things he is unable to do without severe negative consequences in his life and is unwilling to suffer those severe negative consequences? To me, that shows he is willing and able to work hard to overcome/adjust to the hand life has dealt him as responsibly as his health and support systems allow.

I think Royce has shown BB is important to him and enough so that he would work hard to get additional mental health intervention and support so he could play and attend college without having a major and destructive life breakdown - for himself and others.

So a "dream" paycheck is more important than a good life, family or health for the rest of you guys? How's that working out for you? A "dream" paycheck/job is not what those who haven't been there think it is, I assure you. It is easy to be harsh and judgmental about something you imagine is more wonderful that it is in reality.

I wish Royce a better future than the NBA or CycloneFanatic fans are currently offering him.

And it's not Royce White who is setting mental health causes back 50 years - it's the willing ignorance and apathy of those who say they "care" (or used to) for his well-being.
    All that said, if he cannot handle playing in the NBA, he is just one more statistic and has retreated. Now, maybe, that is all he can be. It is such a waste of talent to retreat in this situation. Protocols, smotocals, the NBA will live on. My guess is he wants to pick and chooses when he plays. That will not work. We are all working for the man and the m,an wants us to be ready to play all games unless we are physically diasabled. Even then, the man probably wants us to play.

Last edited by Wesley; 12-30-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.