View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 30,753, Level: 53
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,602
    Points
    30,753
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 4

    View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    West Virginia & Syracuse get to play in this:



    Last edited by BigJCy; 12-29-2012 at 01:14 PM.

  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 22,726, Level: 46
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    jj-cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,886
    Points
    22,726
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 41

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    When we where there last year it was like 55 degrees for kick. Much better weather to watch a game in ha!

    Advantage Syracuse.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 880,346, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,757
    Points
    880,346
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,008
    Given: 2,391

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    That is an ugly afternoon for them.

    Why would Syracuse have an advantage? They play in a dome.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 182,500, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13,193
    Points
    182,500
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,820
    Given: 1,214

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    That is an ugly afternoon for them.

    Why would Syracuse have an advantage? They play in a dome.
    agree w/ Syracuse being a dome team, but has to sting WVU to go from Heisman qb and NC conversation team...to the Snow Bowl.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 22,726, Level: 46
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    jj-cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,886
    Points
    22,726
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 41

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    Good call...but the blizzard conditions will keep Austin in check I assume.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 161,042, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,135
    Points
    161,042
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 112

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    Quote Originally Posted by jj-cyclones View Post
    Good call...but the blizzard conditions will keep Austin in check I assume.

    Probably not. Snow favors the offense heavily since defense is all about reacting.


    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydugouts View Post
    MM and gesell are pretty much a wash. is niang a better player than woodbury? of course, but that doesnt mean its a good matchup for him, especially with a much more athletic defensive player backing up woodbury.


  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 113,111, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    awd4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,922
    Points
    113,111
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,011
    Given: 646

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later


    Even the grass was still green. Just seemed like a regular football game in the fall.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 49,298, Level: 68
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    baller21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,409
    Points
    49,298
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 19

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    Quote Originally Posted by GMackey32 View Post
    Probably not. Snow favors the offense heavily since defense is all about reacting.
    I think that's a bit of an overstatement. The offense does quite a bit of reacting also.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 161,042, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,135
    Points
    161,042
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 112

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    Quote Originally Posted by baller21 View Post
    I think that's a bit of an overstatement. The offense does quite a bit of reacting also.

    Not nearly as much as the defense. The receivers, running backs, and linemen all know where they are going on any given play. Nearly everyone on the defense has to react to the movement of the offensive players.


    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydugouts View Post
    MM and gesell are pretty much a wash. is niang a better player than woodbury? of course, but that doesnt mean its a good matchup for him, especially with a much more athletic defensive player backing up woodbury.


  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 408,122, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,107
    Points
    408,122
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 881
    Given: 613

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    WVU/Syracuse fans may elect to be sitting in their hotel rooms to watch this extravaganza....or leave at halftime for drinks.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 49,298, Level: 68
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    baller21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,409
    Points
    49,298
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 19

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    Quote Originally Posted by GMackey32 View Post
    Not nearly as much as the defense. The receivers, running backs, and linemen all know where they are going on any given play. Nearly everyone on the defense has to react to the movement of the offensive players.
    receivers and running backs have an idea of where they're going but are reacting to defenders all over the field and if the field is slippery it's hard for running backs to make good cuts.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 161,042, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    5,135
    Points
    161,042
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 112

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    Quote Originally Posted by baller21 View Post
    receivers and running backs have an idea of where they're going but are reacting to defenders all over the field and if the field is slippery it's hard for running backs to make good cuts.
    I get what you're saying but defenders have no idea where the offensive players are going, giving the offense a leg up already. Along with that, ball carriers know when they are going to cut and where they are going after the cut allowing them to mentally prepare themselves for the slick surface while the defenders are reading/reacting. The surface will be slippery for both teams, but the fact that the ball carriers/offense know where they are going gives them the upper hand.


    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydugouts View Post
    MM and gesell are pretty much a wash. is niang a better player than woodbury? of course, but that doesnt mean its a good matchup for him, especially with a much more athletic defensive player backing up woodbury.


  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 223,157, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    15,025
    Points
    223,157
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 833
    Given: 389

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post

    Even the grass was still green. Just seemed like a regular football game in the fall.
    Interesting how it only snowed on one half of the field...


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,935, Level: 63
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,015
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    HandSanitizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    3,704
    Points
    41,935
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 1

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    who would have thought it wuold have been nicer in NYC for our bowl game last year then it is in Memphis right now.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 49,298, Level: 68
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    baller21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,409
    Points
    49,298
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 19

    Re: View from Pinstripe Bowl 1 year later

    Quote Originally Posted by GMackey32 View Post
    I get what you're saying but defenders have no idea where the offensive players are going, giving the offense a leg up already. Along with that, ball carriers know when they are going to cut and where they are going after the cut allowing them to mentally prepare themselves for the slick surface while the defenders are reading/reacting. The surface will be slippery for both teams, but the fact that the ball carriers/offense know where they are going gives them the upper hand.
    so you think every cut a ball carrier makes is planned out ahead of time? Interesting. QB scrambles, shifts, blitzes, receivers bumped off routes, there's alot more just plain reacting to what the defense gives you than that. I don't think the snow is as big of an advantage for the offense as your saying.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM