Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: WIIU

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 134,449, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    stateofmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,748
    Points
    134,449
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 230

    WIIU

    Anybody get one of these gaming systems yet? I think it's pretty cool, but I'm disappointed that it doesn't have many games yet. (Although it's to be expected). My son really wants NCAA football, but since EA Sports stopped making Wii games, we can't even get one in the last four years to play. Anybody find a good place to see IF/When they will release a NCAA football for WiiU? I see they have soccer, Madden13, and NBA.

    Any good games to get? We played Rayman at GameStop and that's a must get.



  2. #2
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 606,000, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,606
    Points
    606,000
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,506
    Given: 141

    Re: WIIU

    Quote Originally Posted by stateofmind View Post
    Anybody get one of these gaming systems yet? I think it's pretty cool, but I'm disappointed that it doesn't have many games yet. (Although it's to be expected). My son really wants NCAA football, but since EA Sports stopped making Wii games, we can't even get one in the last four years to play. Anybody find a good place to see IF/When they will release a NCAA football for WiiU? I see they have soccer, Madden13, and NBA.

    Any good games to get? We played Rayman at GameStop and that's a must get.
    NCAA 14 has not been announced for the WiiU, but it's anticipated that when it releases this summer, there will be a WiiU version.

    As far as good games out now, I've heard zombiu is pretty cool.

    I don't have the console personally, so I don't know for sure.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 736,546, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,940
    Points
    736,546
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,547
    Given: 736

    Re: WIIU

    Seems like Metacritic does a good job with their release calendar (plus it's a great place to get reviews).



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 409,890, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,355
    Points
    409,890
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 460
    Given: 199

    Re: WIIU

    Honestly it hadnt intrigued me all that much. After owning all 3 of PS3, Wii, and Xbox, i'm likely to skip the wiiu, and wait for the next xbox to arrive.

    While the WiiU is finally getting nintendo current games that the wii hadnt been getting for some time, i would worry that when games start taking advantage of the increased specs the xbox720\ps4 will have, the developers will not support the lower-specced wiiU, just like they didnt support the Wii.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 25,323, Level: 48
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    NorthCyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,439
    Points
    25,323
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 11

    Re: WIIU

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Honestly it hadnt intrigued me all that much. After owning all 3 of PS3, Wii, and Xbox, i'm likely to skip the wiiu, and wait for the next xbox to arrive.

    While the WiiU is finally getting nintendo current games that the wii hadnt been getting for some time, i would worry that when games start taking advantage of the increased specs the xbox720\ps4 will have, the developers will not support the lower-specced wiiU, just like they didnt support the Wii.
    First Nintendo console I haven't bought day one since the 64. Just doesn't have the must have title for me. However, when the next Zelda or mario title that's not New Super Mario Bros. comes out I will probably buy. Going back to the gamecube, the only reason I could see an older gamer even wanting a Nintendo console is if you love their first party titles.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 116,441, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,318
    Points
    116,441
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 443

    Re: WIIU

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCyd View Post
    First Nintendo console I haven't bought day one since the 64. Just doesn't have the must have title for me. However, when the next Zelda or mario title that's not New Super Mario Bros. comes out I will probably buy. Going back to the gamecube, the only reason I could see an older gamer even wanting a Nintendo console is if you love their first party titles.
    ditto. I really don't see anything in the WiiU that tells me to buy it. The original wii had a new Zelda at launch so I had to buy it. No Zelda for WiiU yet so I'll wait.


    ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM