Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 5

Re: ISU Strength of Schedule

Sorry, I think it still sucks but with Cinci doing great its one more good game away from being "strong" and giving the team a boost with the selection committee. I think its relatively weak. Another BCS or high exposure team should have been scheduled.

And I think Texas and K State have MUCH tougher non conference schedules not sure how ISU's SOS is higher I think its just flukey and temporary because some of their opponents just lost. Texas dropping their first 2 games in Maui is why they don't have a high SOS they played Gtown, UCLA, UNC, Mich St but none in Maui where they should have seen a big name team but didn't. KSU played the Zags at Key Arena (that is not a neutral site game even if it is considered technically) and played 2 top 10 teams in Florida and and Michigan. That is more aggressive scheduling as well IMO. This SOS will change you are posting this when FLorida just lost to KSU so KSU hurt their SOS knocking a top 10 team from the top 10 and this was posted before Cinci drops their first game since they are top 10 currently.

ISU likely needs 2 fewer total losses end of the year than Baylor, WVA, Texas, KSU, OU, OSU to get an at large over those teams. If those teams have 12 losses and ISU has 11 there is a good chance they get a bid and ISU does not. Which sucks.

Instead of Drake in that stupid Big 4 game Pollard should have scheduled a real team to come to either Ames or Des Moines and paid for it that would have been a really solid move IMO and kept the schedule equal to that of the other Big 12 teams. St Mary's travelled to Iowa twice this season that is a good team with national exposure and a household name in Dellavadova who would have LOVED to play the Cyclones one of those trips instead of the Bulldogs and Panthers think about it they'd have loved to play ISU, loved it.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 370

Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseCyclone View Post
    Sorry, I think it still sucks but with Cinci doing great its one more good game away from being "strong" and giving the team a boost with the selection committee. I think its relatively weak. Another BCS or high exposure team should have been scheduled.

And I think Texas and K State have MUCH tougher non conference schedules not sure how ISU's SOS is higher I think its just flukey and temporary because some of their opponents just lost. Texas dropping their first 2 games in Maui is why they don't have a high SOS they played Gtown, UCLA, UNC, Mich St but none in Maui where they should have seen a big name team but didn't. KSU played the Zags at Key Arena (that is not a neutral site game even if it is considered technically) and played 2 top 10 teams in Florida and and Michigan. That is more aggressive scheduling as well IMO. This SOS will change you are posting this when FLorida just lost to KSU so KSU hurt their SOS knocking a top 10 team from the top 10 and this was posted before Cinci drops their first game since they are top 10 currently.

ISU likely needs 2 fewer total losses end of the year than Baylor, WVA, Texas, KSU, OU, OSU to get an at large over those teams. If those teams have 12 losses and ISU has 11 there is a good chance they get a bid and ISU does not. Which sucks.

Instead of Drake in that stupid Big 4 game Pollard should have scheduled a real team to come to either Ames or Des Moines and paid for it that would have been a really solid move IMO and kept the schedule equal to that of the other Big 12 teams. St Mary's travelled to Iowa twice this season that is a good team with national exposure and a household name in Dellavadova who would have LOVED to play the Cyclones one of those trips instead of the Bulldogs and Panthers think about it they'd have loved to play ISU, loved it.
    I disagree. Baylor lost to Charleston and NW at home. We may not have a single loss that bad all year. Baylor may want to finish in front of us. Of course they could beat Gonzaga and change things up but those losses don't go away.

Last edited by Cydkar; 12-26-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Rookie
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    I disagree. Baylor lost to Charleston and NW at home. We may not have a single loss that bad all year. Baylor may want to finish in front of us. Of course they could beat Gonzaga and change things up but those losses don't go away.
    You could be right. Baylor's win in Lexington isn't that impressive.

They are just a team that I have a gut feeling may get preferrential treatment.

Luckily I think as a whole the Big 12 is rounding into form and the conference should get 4-6 bids.

But one more big game should have been scheduled IMO. Particularly a tough road game against a team that will be ranked at the end of the year when you can't lose in terms of SOS and RPI even if you lose.

Pro
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 16

Looking at that figure the big 12 looks atrocious. Woof.

Rip 'n Shred - Shred 'n Rip

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

I am not so sure the Big 12 is as pathetic as everyone is portraying it to be. Frankly, the only gimme wins for Iowa State at home and away would be Texas Christian and Texas Tech. I would agree that it is a notch down from last year, but not a drastic change.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by mjhavlo76 View Post
    I am not so sure the Big 12 is as pathetic as everyone is portraying it to be. Frankly, the only gimme wins for Iowa State at home and away would be Texas Christian and Texas Tech. I would agree that it is a notch down from last year, but not a drastic change.
    We play like we did in the 1st half against UMKC and we won't beat TCU and Tech on the road

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 379

BYU is smoking V Tech right now. That should help move our win over them closer to a quality win.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Virginia Tech has COMPLETELY fallen apart since their wins over Iowa and Oklahoma State. They have lost on their homecourt to a terrible Georgia Southern team, and lost on a nuetral court to Larry's Colorado State team 52-88. Now BYU has put up 45 on them with 5minutes left in the first half.

Their coach is in way over his head. His offense consists of Green going one on one, and his defense consists of trapping every time down the court, regardless of whether the team is struggling with it or absolutely shredding it. He makes no adjustments. Against Colorado State the Hokies had 4 assists as a team for the entire game, and walked around whining, pouting, and not hustling the entire 2nd half. Terrible, terrible basketball.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I was waiting for the V Tech must suck then comment. Never believe that we had a quality win over BYU

Edit: I will admit V Tech is tough to figure out with loses to wvu, georgia southern, and csu, but they **** pounded Iowa and beat Okie St handily too. They can't be that bad.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I still am holding out hope that BYU will be a quality win when all is said and done. My comment was more for how much Virginia Tech has fallen in the last month.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I watched them against Iowa. They are a completely different team now the way they are playing. The have quit sharing the ball on offense, and teams that pass the ball well are shredding their defense, while their new head coach makes zero adjustments. They also spend a lot of time pouting and moping around.

Not a well coached team at all. They have a little talent though, and Erick Greene (sp?) is a bigtime scorer.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Also of note, as of this date, the teams ISU has lost to have a combined 3 losses. That could change if UNLV can't pick it up vs UNC today. But we don't have any bad losses, the only question is if we have a quality win yet. I think we do. BYU will be one.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 14

I'm guessing Haws is glad he is off Babb Island.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

No doubt...today instead of Babb he's facing morning shootaround caliber defense. 29points in the first half?!

Addict
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 68

Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    I was waiting for the V Tech must suck then comment. Never believe that we had a quality win over BYU

Edit: I will admit V Tech is tough to figure out with loses to wvu, georgia southern, and csu, but they **** pounded

Iowa and beat Okie St handily too. They can't be that bad.

Yes, they are, despite what you've heard, Iowa is not good.