Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 13

Bowl Game Responsibilities. Could it be more?

I believe it was noted on this site awhile back that the Liberty Bowl has a charitable partner in the Shriners Children Hospital network, a corportate partner in Auto Zone, and the City partner in Memphis. This model brings me to some questions…………

Do all bowl have a charitable beneficiary from the events?

If they do not why is this not being done more often to become common place? These events after all are celebrations and exhibitions for the schools and cities that are participating. Why is there not a giving back promotion around these events that can highlight how generous these corporate sponsors are as well as getting into the holiday giving season?

This seems like such an awesome way to put a positive light on college football that seems to be in a corrupt and greed covered persona these days.

Anyone else ever think about ways for college football to do good for America other than just paying coaches and schools a lot of money that just goes back into football?

Silly Rant Over

Smoke um if you got um

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 16

Re: Bowl Game Responsibilities. Could it be more?

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackJohnny View Post
    I believe it was noted on this site awhile back that the Liberty Bowl has a charitable partner in the Shriners Children Hospital network, a corportate partner in Auto Zone, and the City partner in Memphis. This model brings me to some questions…………

Do all bowl have a charitable beneficiary from the events?

If they do not why is this not being done more often to become common place? These events after all are celebrations and exhibitions for the schools and cities that are participating. Why is there not a giving back promotion around these events that can highlight how generous these corporate sponsors are as well as getting into the holiday giving season?

This seems like such an awesome way to put a positive light on college football that seems to be in a corrupt and greed covered persona these days.

Anyone else ever think about ways for college football to do good for America other than just paying coaches and schools a lot of money that just goes back into football?

Silly Rant Over
    I don't know if all bowl games do it, but the charitable aspects of the Liberty Bowl seem pretty cool and looks like they take it seriously. Great game to be a part of. BTW - It is St. Judes, not Shriners, but I am sure both organizations are wonderful.

The more you look at the Liberty Bowl website, the more impressive this entire event is. I am not going down early enough to do much of this, but there is a golf tournament, a HS football all-star game, a BBQ contest, a sold-out rodeo event, a parade, and a ballroom gala -- all tied into the Liberty Bowl.

Very, very cool events and I am so happy we are going to Memphis instead of Independence or NYC. Tulsa is a no-win matchup, lord, if we lose I will be crushed. But other than the opponent, I think this will be a great time!

Starter
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 13

Thanks for clearifying at it was St. Judes. I am also very excited for ISU to be in this bowl game.

Smoke um if you got um

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by BringBackJohnny View Post
    Thanks for clearifying at it was St. Judes. I am also very excited for ISU to be in this bowl game.
    St. Jude's is located in Memphis.

Addict
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,621
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 27

Just win.

ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear