Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Cheap software

I recently had a CD recorded at a music studio. This is a fund-raising CD for area "Relay For Life" events. So I'm trying to cut the cost as much as possible. The next step is getting the CD replicated.

I also have an idea of what the cover folder should look like, but the company that does this work, only wants it in a specific program. They gave five choices, one of which I could use after this project - PhotoShop.

But when I began pricing a new one my jaw hit the ground. I can't afford that much money for a program I "might" use later. So I googled "cheap photoshop" and found a site that sells the program for under $50. No CD, just the download from the site.

Anyone ever do this? You can't register the product. The site has all sorts of legal notices and how they can do this. It also goes on to say it's a great way for a student to save money.

So I thought maybe somebody here has tried a site like this.

Thanks

Starter
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Cheap software

You can download a trial version of Photoshop from Adobe which is perfectly legal and has all of the features of the normal version, but it only works for 30 days. If you don't care about the law, there are illegal ways to turn that trial version into a full version at the end of the month, but for your purposes, just download the trial from Adobe.

have you ever got caught outside In a strong rainfall? Yes or NO. If it"s yes, then you might half felt the pane of hard(tought) rain on you head. If it hurt"s then it"s tough. Yes or no. Okay I'm right and you know it.

So alothough you attempt"ed to say you didn"t understnad, now you do. Fair enough?

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 8

Re: Cheap software

Don't download it for $50, it'd be just as legal as getting it from Pirate Bay or Mininova for free. You might hire someone to do the cover for you... chances are taking that route would be much cheaper than buying the expensive program.

Go Sssssssssyclones!