Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 249,728, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,143
    Points
    249,728
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,511
    Given: 3,633

    All-American Selections announced

    American Volleyball Coaches Association

    Kristen Hahn - 2nd team
    Allison Landwehr - 3rd team
    Victoria Hurtt - HM

    Congrats ladies!



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 43,239, Level: 64
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,011
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,371
    Points
    43,239
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 35

    Re: All-American Selections announced

    sorry to see Hahn not on First team, nor Landwehr. Kristen is better than Hagglund if you ask me, but I am biased. :-)



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 249,728, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,143
    Points
    249,728
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,511
    Given: 3,633

    Re: All-American Selections announced

    Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    sorry to see Hahn not on First team, nor Landwehr. Kristen is better than Hagglund if you ask me, but I am biased. :-)

    I completely agree! I think Hahn deserved first team.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 13,560, Level: 35
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 490
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    791
    Points
    13,560
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 13

    Re: All-American Selections announced

    Alison is better than Lauren Cook (Nebraska), who made first team. Notably, Alison provided leadership to ISU to hold seed, whereas Nebraska did not hold seed. She also appears better than Selsky (Dayton), who made second team. Maybe ISU's match against Stanford ended up hurting both Alison and Kristen in the standings -- don't know whether tournament games influence the selections. ISU's hitting percentage this season could have either helped or hurt Alison. Her stats are very impressive given the lower hitting percentage for the team.

    Congrats to all on the national recognition!



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 249,728, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,143
    Points
    249,728
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,511
    Given: 3,633

    Re: All-American Selections announced

    Quote Originally Posted by cydney View Post
    Alison is better than Lauren Cook (Nebraska), who made first team. Notably, Alison provided leadership to ISU to hold seed, whereas Nebraska did not hold seed. She also appears better than Selsky (Dayton), who made second team. Maybe ISU's match against Stanford ended up hurting both Alison and Kristen in the standings -- don't know whether tournament games influence the selections. ISU's hitting percentage this season could have either helped or hurt Alison. Her stats are very impressive given the lower hitting percentage for the team.

    Congrats to all on the national recognition!
    they use the first weekend of play, I believe, and possibly the second. Selections were made on Sunday, so our poorer tournament play very well may have hurt our ladies a bit.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 431,883, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    64,507
    Points
    431,883
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,388
    Given: 1,044

    Re: All-American Selections announced

    Hahn is a heck of a player.


    Let my New Coach's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Dustin, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 21,690, Level: 45
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 860
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    1,994
    Points
    21,690
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 43

    Re: All-American Selections announced

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    I completely agree! I think Hahn deserved first team.
    With only two L/DS on the three teams, as far as I'm concerned, she is first team.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 249,728, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,143
    Points
    249,728
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,511
    Given: 3,633

    Re: All-American Selections announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Royalclone View Post
    With only two L/DS on the three teams, as far as I'm concerned, she is first team.

    It does seem that defensive players don't get the same level of recognition - just not as glamorous as the hitters, I guess!



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 19,451, Level: 42
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CY9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    900
    Points
    19,451
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 0

    Re: All-American Selections announced

    sad for straube not to get a nod her senior year....her stats might not be where they were last year but she always had that crunch time kill to motivate the team. She definitely elevated this program.



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 13,560, Level: 35
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 490
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    791
    Points
    13,560
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 13

    Re: All-American Selections announced

    Quote Originally Posted by CY9008 View Post
    sad for straube not to get a nod her senior year....her stats might not be where they were last year but she always had that crunch time kill to motivate the team. She definitely elevated this program.
    The cyclones.com article also reports that Straube was named to one of the national Academic All America teams, ISU's first since 1995. So that is a huge accomplishment.

    Her struggles earlier in the season were enough to move her off the national radar on performance alone. I agree, that in no way diminishes her contributions to the team and her overall excellent career.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM